Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3323 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

How I would cast the Justice League movie, and start the script

jayjiggs61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jayjiggs61

I just wanted to get my idea out for the

upcoming JLA movie. I am not a script

writer, but have a great way to start the movie off, which is in my opinion the

hardest part to writing a Justice league movie. Just my opinion, but this is

the cast that I think would be perfect for a Justice League movie, and the

perfect way to introduce everyone, and bring them together, while bringing the

superheroes backstories to the 21st century, but not sacrificing the comic

stories that we grew up with, but can be adjusted to match up with the Man of

Steel story.

Batman – Wes Bently

Superman – Henry Cavill

Flash – Justin Timberlake

Wonder Woman- Lauren Cohan

Nightwing – Jensen Ackles

Hal Jordan Green Lantern – Jared Padaleki

John Stewart Green Lantern-Anthony Macki

Lex Luthor – Jason Issacs

Darkseid – Terry Crews

Joker – Crispin Glover

- Meteor

shower in Smallville Kansas, Superman

comes to Earth as 4 year old child

- Thomas

and Martha Wayne murdered in Gotham City, leaving 8 year old Bruce Wayne an

orphan (This is heard on the radio in

Mr. and Mrs. Kent’s truck as they drive past meteor impact site, where they

find Clark)

(This is the perfect time to start the

superheroes adventure because most people would ask why Superman or any of the

others didn’t stop 9-11 from happening)

year old Clark Kent starts developing powers in Smallville

year old Bruce Wayne gets out of Juvie, released to Alfred his Butler, 15 year

old Barry Allen cameo in police station who is on a school field trip to learn

what forensic science is

year old Wonder Woman wins annual Olympics game held on Paradise Island (Island

invisible to the normal world, concealed by mystic powers), starts developing

an ego (Linda Carter should make cameo as Wonder Woman’s mother)

year old John Stewart (Joins infantry) and friend Steve Trever (ends up

becoming a pilot and later becomes Wonder Woman love interest) leave for

Annapolis (Marine officer training) (Bumps shoulders with Air Force Captain Hal

Jordan in the recruiting building)

year old Lex Luthor becomes business partner with father Lionel Luthor

- TV

News is playing on a random television that report that the notorious criminal

known as the Red Hood (Who was known for a series of bank robberies to support

his pregnant wife) was captured by police. It is revealed in this news cast that his real name is Jack Napier, and

how he is a failed comedian who lost it, after his pregnant wife was killed

when a police car loses control during a high speed chase, and is fired from

his job at a chemical plant. Jack Napier

was seriously injured by police when he goes on a shooting spree at his former

job. He is being sent away to Arkum

Asylum under the care of doctor Harley Quinn

- Darkseid

transcends to Earth with his Boom Box, to enlist Lex Luthor in his plan to

enslave mankind. When he transcends, he

brings a lightning storm from his world that hits Barry Allen, causing him to

vanish while he is investigating the 11th crime scene left by the Joker in Central

City. His molecules are rearranged into

the Flash that we all know. After days

of his molecules racing all over the earth at light speed, they finally

reassemble. Allen, who has a huge fan of

Superman and Batman, decides to create a costume as well. He decides to use his new powers to stop the

Joker, and determine who he is working for.

- Clark

Kent is living in Metropolis, working for the Daily Planet and is Superman, and

as he has been stopping criminals, he’s traced back a lot of criminal activity

to Lex Luthor, so he uses his powers to stumble onto Luthors plans

- Nightwing

finds Batman holding a dead Robin (Jason Todd) and gives Batman grief for still

being a crappy boss and reminds him why he went solo, but offers to help find

who is responsible. Batman shows

Nightwing his only clues, a Joker card left by a notorious hitman who leaves

Joker cards on all of his victims, and a small puddle of a type of oil near the

body. Batman takes a trace of the oil

and analyses it to determine that it’s a rare type of oil being used in weapons

experiments at Luthor Corp. Batman

decides to go to Metropolis to investigate and look for revenge, leaving

Nightwing to take care of Gotham City while he is away.

- John

Stewart is walking out of a VA hospital, where he gets medical work, since he

was injured in Afghanistan and medically retired from the Marines. He takes out

his medal of valor and looks at it, and flashes back to Afghanistan, where he

saved his entire infantry unit by sacrificing his own safety, enduring grave

injuries. He is stopped by Hal Jordan, who

miraculously has not aged since he first bumped into him 10 years earlier. Jordan says he’s been watching John and has a

job for him. Long story short, is made a Green Lantern, trained by Jordan to

replace him, and that he will be greatly needed on Earth against Darkseid, who

is working with Lex Luthor to enslave Earth.

- Joker

is working for Lex Luthor, after escaping from Arkum Asylum with help from his

Doctor Harley Quinn who fell in love with Joker. He now goes by Joker and no longer wears the

Red Hood, to cover up the chemical burns and because he’s crazy he wears white

make-up and looks like a clown. He was

in Gotham to steel parts from Wayne Corp for Luthors Doomsday device that he is

building for Darkseid. Luthor thinks it

will just help Darkseid take over the Earth and he will be part ruler, when in

reality it will destroy Earth, enslaving all its survivors on Apokolips.

- Steven

Trever, who got out of the Marines, and got a job flying cargo planes for

Luthor corp has an inflight emergency while transporting what he thinks are routine

parts, but are in reality WMD’s with alien technology. He crash-lands on Paradise Island, and is

cared for by the Amazons. Wonder woman

is infatuated with him, because she has never seen a man before. Wonder woman’s mother inspects the plane and

finds out about the alien technology and how it’s being used. She confronts Trever, who is just as

infuriated about the discovery. She uses her lasso of truth to determine he is

telling the truth, and sends Wonder Woman with him to stop Luthor, because she determines

if he is successful Paradise Island will fall as well.

And this is how the Justice League is

brought together.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Nightwing has no business in the cast, there's no need for two Green Lanterns, and you forgot Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sunhawk

starting the movie the same way new52 earth 2 started - killing the trinity of superman, batman, and wonder woman. then you form the league around the remaining super heroes. the trinity dies by 10 minutes into the movie, then the title credits roll. audience sits in the theater watching the title credits roll and they are all shocked stupid for a few minutes.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By darkwingdan

I love Nightwing (I mean, just look at my user pic), but he really shouldn't be in a JLA movie. I have suggested this on other sites, but I would consider combining elements from the New World Order arc in Morrison's "JLA" and the Origins arc from Johns' "Justice League." Essentially, you have the Hyperclan come to Earth posing as good guys. However, they are ultimately lead by Darkseid, who can be pulling the strings from afar. I think the Hyperclan is a good option because they bring something different to the table than what we've seen in superhero cinema before. I'd also like WB to take the approach of "superheroes exist in this world" rather than trying to build this world.

badgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By badgame

@sunhawk: Bricks would definitely be shat

Also, i would love to watch that movie over any other JL one.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

For everyone who wants to read this but can't because of the formatting, I've taken the liberty of reformatting @jayjiggs61:'s post below for best display with CV's text editor:

I just wanted to get my idea out for the upcoming JLA movie. I am not a script writer, but have a great way to start the movie off, which is in my opinion the hardest part to writing a Justice league movie. Just my opinion, but this is the cast that I think would be perfect for a Justice League movie, and the perfect way to introduce everyone, and bring them together, while bringing the superheroes back stories to the 21st century, but not sacrificing the comic stories that we grew up with, but can be adjusted to match up with the Man of Steel story.
    Cast:
    • Batman – Wes Bently
    • Superman – Henry Cavill
    • Flash – Justin Timberlake
    • Wonder Woman- Lauren Cohan
    • Nightwing – Jensen Ackles
    • Hal Jordan Green Lantern – Jared Padaleki
    • John Stewart Green Lantern-Anthony Macki
    • Lex Luthor – Jason Issacs
    • Darkseid – Terry Crews
    • Joker – Crispin Glover
    Outline:
    • Meteor shower in Smallville Kansas, Superman comes to Earth as 4 year old child
    • Thomas and Martha Wayne murdered in Gotham City, leaving 8 year old Bruce Wayne an orphan (This is heard on the radio in Mr. and Mrs. Kent’s truck as they drive past meteor impact site, where they find Clark)
    (This is the perfect time to start the superheroes adventure because most people would ask why Superman or any of the others didn’t stop 9-11 from happening)
    • 13 year old Clark Kent starts developing powers in Smallville
    • 17 year old Bruce Wayne gets out of Juvie, released to Alfred his Butler, 15 year old Barry Allen cameo in police station who is on a school field trip to learn what forensic science is
    • 14 year old Wonder Woman wins annual Olympics game held on Paradise Island (Island invisible to the normal world, concealed by mystic powers), starts developing an ego (Linda Carter should make cameo as Wonder Woman’s mother)
    • 18 year old John Stewart (Joins infantry) and friend Steve Trever (ends up becoming a pilot and later becomes Wonder Woman love interest) leave for Annapolis (Marine officer training) (Bumps shoulders with Air Force Captain Hal Jordan in the recruiting building)
    • 22 year old Lex Luthor becomes business partner with father Lionel Luthor
    • TV News is playing on a random television that report that the notorious criminal known as the Red Hood (Who was known for a series of bank robberies to support his pregnant wife) was captured by police. It is revealed in this news cast that his real name is Jack Napier, and how he is a failed comedian who lost it, after his pregnant wife was killed when a police car loses control during a high speed chase, and is fired from his job at a chemical plant. Jack Napier was seriously injured by police when he goes on a shooting spree at his former job. He is being sent away to Arkum Asylum under the care of doctor Harley Quinn
    • Darkseid transcends to Earth with his Boom Box, to enlist Lex Luthor in his plan to enslave mankind. When he transcends, he brings a lightning storm from his world that hits Barry Allen, causing him to vanish while he is investigating the 11th crime scene left by the Joker in Central City. His molecules are rearranged into the Flash that we all know. After days of his molecules racing all over the earth at light speed, they finally reassemble. Allen, who has a huge fan of Superman and Batman, decides to create a costume as well. He decides to use his new powers to stop the Joker, and determine who he is working for.
    • Clark Kent is living in Metropolis, working for the Daily Planet and is Superman, and as he has been stopping criminals, he’s traced back a lot of criminal activity to Lex Luthor, so he uses his powers to stumble onto Luthors plans
    • Nightwing finds Batman holding a dead Robin (Jason Todd) and gives Batman grief for still being a crappy boss and reminds him why he went solo, but offers to help find who is responsible. Batman shows Nightwing his only clues, a Joker card left by a notorious hitman who leaves Joker cards on all of his victims, and a small puddle of a type of oil near the body. Batman takes a trace of the oil and analyses it to determine that it’s a rare type of oil being used in weapons experiments at Luthor Corp. Batman decides to go to Metropolis to investigate and look for revenge, leaving Nightwing to take care of Gotham City while he is away.
    • John Stewart is walking out of a VA hospital, where he gets medical work, since he was injured in Afghanistan and medically retired from the Marines. He takes out his medal of valor and looks at it, and flashes back to Afghanistan, where he saved his entire infantry unit by sacrificing his own safety, enduring grave injuries. He is stopped by Hal Jordan, who miraculously has not aged since he first bumped into him 10 years earlier. Jordan says he’s been watching John and has a job for him. Long story short, is made a Green Lantern, trained by Jordan to replace him, and that he will be greatly needed on Earth against Darkseid, who is working with Lex Luthor to enslave Earth.
    • Joker is working for Lex Luthor, after escaping from Arkum Asylum with help from his Doctor Harley Quinn who fell in love with Joker. He now goes by Joker and no longer wears the Red Hood, to cover up the chemical burns and because he’s crazy he wears white make-up and looks like a clown. He was in Gotham to steel parts from Wayne Corp for Luthors Doomsday device that he is building for Darkseid. Luthor thinks it will just help Darkseid take over the Earth and he will be part ruler, when in reality it will destroy Earth, enslaving all its survivors on Apokolips.
    • Steven Trever, who got out of the Marines, and got a job flying cargo planes for Luthor corp has an inflight emergency while transporting what he thinks are routine parts, but are in reality WMD’s with alien technology. He crash-lands on Paradise Island, and is cared for by the Amazons. Wonder woman is infatuated with him, because she has never seen a man before. Wonder woman’s mother inspects the plane and finds out about the alien technology and how it’s being used. She confronts Trever, who is just as infuriated about the discovery. She uses her lasso of truth to determine he is telling the truth, and sends Wonder Woman with him to stop Luthor, because she determines if he is successful Paradise Island will fall as well.
    And this is how the Justice League is brought together.

When using CV's text editor, it helps to remember that it does not handle "word wrap on" very well when pasting in from basic text editors like notepad. Best to turn word wrap off before doing so.

(I will respond to the content in a separate post.)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fodigg

@jayjiggs61: I think this is way too much back story spread around to different characters to be effective for a JL film. One of the best parts of Avengers was that it didn't need too much origin, and JL will have to hit the ground running to match that success. I do like the cast even if it's a little big (and you don't need two GLs, just use Stewart), but I think the key is Steve Trevor. I think Trevor (or Amanda Waller) should be the driving force behind the Justice League just as Nick Fury was for the Avengers. Much of the background you set up would work for the larger film, but taking the time to go through all these shots would be laborious. You need a way to snap it up and make it quick. No flashbacks, just start with Trevor trying to build a team around Wonder Woman and going from place to place to get them.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xybernauts

The Green Lantern ideas would be good for a Green Lantern movie, JL, not so much. Such a movie needs Cyborg and Aquaman, no John Stewart or Nightwing. They can make a cameo, but shouldn't play a big role in the movie. Good effort, but I'd prefer to see Geoff Johns version of the JL origin. Steve Trevor wold make a great Nick Fury type.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@xybernauts said:

The Green Lantern ideas would be good for a Green Lantern movie, JL, not so much. Such a movie needs Cyborg and Aquaman, no John Stewart or Nightwing. They can make a cameo, but shouldn't play a big role in the movie. Good effort, but I'd prefer to see Geoff Johns version of the JL origin. Steve Trevor wold make a great Nick Fury type.

Have you already seen this thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/justice-league-of-america/65-31815/how-to-make-a-justice-league-movie-with-darkseid-read-first/92-731645/#28

jayjiggs61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jayjiggs61

Nightwing would not be a main character, just someone to look after Gotham City so Batman would feel better about leaving Gotham to fight along with the JLA. Nightwing would be in one scene only. Also, the only main GL in this story would be John Stewert, because Hal Jordan is now a member of the GL Honor Guard after defeating Parallex and could be called away to a far away galaxy, leaving his back-up John Stewart to take the rains. Also, Aqua Man and Martian Man Hunter should not be used in this movie, Maybe in a sequel. Also, I change my recommendation for Wonder Woman to Gina Carano.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Flash - Justin Timberlake and Darkseid – Terry Crews.....what??

Would be funny if Darkseid start to shake his chest,front of Superman

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate this entire idea. Blegh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.