Follow

Justice League of America

Team » Justice League of America appears in 3320 issues.

The Justice League (also known as the Justice League of America or the JLA) is a team comprised of the premier heroes of the DC Universe.

AQUAMAN is the best New 52 book

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What a ride Aquaman has been. This book was launched with Geoff Johns writing and Ivan Reis doing the pencil work. Johns did such an excellent job putting Aquaman at the forefront of the New 52 DC universe. He is so integral to the JL, but not only that, he is a very important part of the DC universe! He also has a history before the League and even had his own team (The Others). Then came Jeff Parker and Paul Pelletier and they have really rolled with the ball. This book is consistently awesome, fresh, action packed, dramatic, mysterious and it has beautiful visuals! I love it. I sure hope you guys are enjoying it too. I would like to hear your thoughts. In the latest issue (issue 37) we get to see Gorilla Grodd... and man what an awesome showing. Aquaman's universe is much more expanded now, so rich and this is the one book I am never dissapointed with. Tell me what you guys think. What have been your favorite moments, your favorite battles, favorite characters, peeves, etc etc.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I for one think that you haven't read Animal Man and Flash!!!!

To actually say that a book is the best, you have to read at least a quarter of the new 52 books. How many have you read??

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Blackdog2009

@abdullahzubair:

Flash

Action Comics

Batman

Detective Comics

Swamp Thing

Justice League

Wonder Woman

Weird Western Tales JONAH Hex

AQUAMAN

Phanthom Stranger

Constantine

JL Dark

Deathstroke

Grifter

I read them all and I think AQUAMAN has been the most solid, consistent read of them all.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah! Uh huh, you know what it is!

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#5  Edited By Guru_Crack  Online

@blackdog2009: Can't say I can pick a best book as no title has been constantly beating the other titles in my opinion. Currently my favourite title is Batgirl but that could change in a week. Although Aquaman is one of my favs so we'll see after volume 5 gets released.

Below is the ranking of the New 52 titles I have read so far (Updated almost daily):

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/guru_crack/lists/ranking-of-new-52-titles/54140/

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear, cuz I just ordered volumes 1 and 2 of New 52 Aquaman from Amazon. Can't wait to start readin it.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Aquaman been cool but so has Flash, Wonder Woman Red Lanterns, Green Lanterns NG AND Corps. My opinion is these titles have been the most consistent

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the current superman arc I'll start buying aquaman

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman and Animal Man are also on my radar.

Klaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman and Batman & Robin are the best for me so far, but Aquaman is close.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

**blind fanboy rage activates**

NOOO!!!! Swamp Thing is the best!! Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad! ._.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What about Wonder Woman?

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Answering to an 11 month old post but still...I really think that Aquaman is kind of an overrated series. I have only read about 18 issues but thus far the writing, characterization and execution were all very much cliche. I have seen these dialogues, plot devices, characterization angles 1000 times before in 1000 other titles. I do still think that the series is enjoyable and as the matter of fact good but I also think that it is highly overrated.

I consider Batwoman, The Flash, Batman and Batgirl to surely be a better read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.