Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2015 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

Juggernaut's future?

JuGGlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JuGGlover

I did this a while back on marvel forums but now they are all weird and boring looking, i cant understand them and for some reason it's reading the threads backwards.     

Anyways... I was just wondering what you guys thought jugg's future was, the thunderbolts thing seems like bad writing to me since one of the writers already stated many things that juggs was vulnerable to which he has never been.  It seems like juggs gets no respect from a lot of the writers and only a few write him good and fair.  I dont understand how marvel lets the writers just write whatever they want with their characters without it having to abide by true powersets/character.  I am just new to comics but to me comics seem like scribballing much of the time. 

So rant off, i was just wondering where you guys think juggs is headed now, will he get respect finally, be the huggernaut again or perhaps someday be involved in a major storyline and be payed attention to in the future?   

Just a fan's questions who has only been into comics for a couple months though i always liked the juggernaut since the 90s from the cartoons and fighting games.  Wondering if my favorite character will ever be respected/developed?  Thanks for responses.

Bossjugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Bossjugg

I am actually looking forward for juggy being in the thunderbolts. The juggernaut lately has been looking for redemption for awhile now and the team that fits that whole redemption thing are the thunderbolts.  

JuGGlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JuGGlover

but he can't be the huggernaut again and be juggernaut, juggernaut is the one with all the powers, i thought this was all cleared up in wwh, this is why im confused, im not sure which way marvel is going. 

Bossjugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bossjugg

I see what you mean and everyone loves the juggernaut being the badass we all love and Im pretty sure he isnt going to get along with everyone on the team and with marvel you never know

JuGGlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JuGGlover

yeah i think he should be developed a lot more and stay the juggernaut, but it seems he never will be, i dont mind him having redemption but he doesnt have to be the huggernaut to be redeemed, idk. 

I've always liked him because he was the ultimate good bad guy.  I love his personality, very nonchalant and tough and sarchastic
    Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am actually against his participating in Thunderbolts . One more PIS showing - and I am no longer a Juggernaut fan . I'm tired of seeing this entire sh!t .

JuGGlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JuGGlover

ya the last story arc was the first 3 comics i bought, was really disappointed and after wwh , i can't dig him going back to huggernaut again, my comic following days may only last a month, bad writing makes me mad, seems marvel has no respect for my favorite character.  They let writers crap on him whenever each writer feels like it.
    Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Danilo018
    @TheJuggernautpunch:
    Mate did the thunderbolts already went out in sale ?
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Danilo018: Not yet . It will be on June 23 . Seriously , seeing Juggernaut in a team is like seeing a ketchup in your tea . Such a powerful character doesn't need a team of weaklings , and the only team worthy of Juggernaut would be the other Exemplars themselves .
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I kinda like Juggernaut when he's trying to redeem himself a little. Also because it does bring his power level down a bit and makes sense as to why. Now I think he should still hate Xavier and not wanna work with him but the opportunity to get something for his hard work instead of just taking stuff and getting hounded for it.

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Argentino_18

Juggs will be in the Thunderbolts? 
    I didnt knew that...

Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Danilo018
    @TheJuggernautpunch:
    Agreed and what's even worse it seems that the new Thunderbolts are formed by dealing with goverment to relese them all from Ryker's island a prison. And know what seeing Juggy being written as a prisoner dissapoints me very mutch. That is an epic PIS, on par with Thanos being busted by cops and Surfer taken down Panther.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

i always liked him but he just needs more of a story of his own if they want him to be more popular, to me he is still just a side character
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF said:
    " i always liked him but he just needs more of a story of his own if they want him to be more popular, to me he is still just a side character "
    He has the story of his own . It's just that people see him as the unstoppable tank , no more .
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DEGRAAF

i know he has one, i just mean most of his story revolves around the x-men and his half brother. I think he would have stopped WWH or taken down the Skrulls he would be more famous and have more backers
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF: A lot of his stories happened in Ultraverse . Another reason why not many know his true character , which can be also seen in New Excalibur .
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @TheJuggernautpunch:  see, I didnt know that. I just figured they dont use him a whole lot.
    colhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By colhero1

Juggernaut does not need to be on another lame *@@&*!@@& super hero team he is The Classic Juggernaut again dang it why is he being poorly written in these hero teams he cant be at full power which is what he wants and not be destroying things this write in for Juggernaut is horrible IMO...why can't they just let him be Juggernaut every since the onslaught story line which by the way was crap with writers who had no clue who his character was anyways...heck they had psylocke read his mind with his helmet on for pete's sake...but anyhow he has been written as a jobber every since then and it pains me so this guy has far to much power to be a jobber...why is he not the villian he use to be you know he was origionaly suppose to possess absolute invulnerability Stan and Jack made him that way in 1965...reason being because Ironic enough Charles his step-brother had the only power that could defeat him...Dang it and what happened to his forcefield and the powers where he could repel things and even float forward while not even on the ground...by the way if that was a full powered Juggernaut he would have stomped skaar into the ground even if he changed back into a kid...because he destroyed the village where the gem was that also included woman and children people it was part of him becoming the EXEMPLAR OF PHYSICAL POWER!...I dont care how he is written anymore more except In WWH where he basically he gained his "Classic Juggernaut" status and had the upper hand on the most powerful...yes I said most power incarnation of the hulk to date.. he even pushed him back...why from there did the writers not keep him consistent I'll never know...The Juggernaut that keeps joining these stupid Hero teams is an imposter...The "Real" Unstoppable Destructive Crimson Banded Juggernaut that just dont give a **** about anyone that I loved so much just disappeared a long time ago...and yes he is the only one Hulk cannot defeat if so WWH would have but no he side steps him because Hulk knows that he can't be defeated by physical force (and the fact that hulk did not have time to go toe to toe with him for days) not even Hulk with his so called unlimited strength so on Juggernaut's behalf it would also be easy to say there is no limit to Juggernauts durability to physical damage if hulks unlimited strength cannot harm him, but this isnt a hulk vs Juggernaut thread so I will hush.....But anyway Please Writers Give me back the "Real Juggernaut" or don't write him at all because frankly this version SUCKS! A side note Marvel Select toy line is making a Juggernaut wooo hooo....gonna have a throw down with him and my Marvel select Hulk....im sure my lamp or somethings gonna get broken. :P    
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Wall of text'd

Anyway i think Juggernaut would have been a good choice a couple of years ago, not too sure now. But it's weird that they put Crossbones on the team. No way he's ever reforming.
    Also even more weird is Man-Thing. He's pretty much mindless, and nor good or evil, or maybe there's been some recent developments i'm not aware of? Anyway why try to reform a mindless being? Seems pointless.

colhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colhero1

Sorry about the rant it just upsets me....they are wasting a great villian on these hero teams.
    TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colhero1 said:
    " Sorry about the rant it just upsets me....they are wasting a great villian on these hero teams. "
    Agreed .
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vendel

Yea I don't see anything good coming from The Thunderbolts.  You need a reason for him to be in jail. Just sitting there minding his business. SO you have to either A. Invent some PIS reason that shouldn't work but it does...just because. Or B. He has to want  to be there. And that stinks of this whole 'redemption' thing that I thought we had cleared up as of his apperence in X-Men Legacy. If people want a depowered "not quite bag" guy Juggernaut, then why don't they just use Rhino? That is who they want to turn him into. 

Until I am shown otherwise I can't believe the writers would have this be  some elaborate plan on Cain's part. Not that he hasn't done similar in the past. I just don't give any writers the beifit of the doubt anymore.

Sorry Roger Stern. You fucked it up in the third issue. Sorry T-Bolts writer. Show me you wont fuck it up. Hopefully this is short lived and Gage, Carey or Teri will get a hold of him again. They have shown me they know how to write him.

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By bingbangboom

Surprised so much hate for this idea. Here is the thing... the book is not out yet. Another thing is no offense, Juggernaut is dumb. Literally, he is stupid. He is not going to defeat anyone really anymore and is more of a pawn, a very big and strong one. But he is not going to an evil mastermind like Doctor Doom or Magneto. He is just a guy that is strong and thats about it... what else do you want him to do. They are not doing stories where they have the big dumb red guy show up and punch for one issue. They are doing this with the character to see what they can do with the character because it is either this or just sidelined for a while till when a real big villain needs something big and red to punch someone.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vendel
    @bingbangboom said:
    " Surprised so much hate for this idea. Here is the thing... the book is not out yet. Another thing is no offense, Juggernaut is dumb. Literally, he is stupid. He is not going to defeat anyone really anymore and is more of a pawn, a very big and strong one. But he is not going to an evil mastermind like Doctor Doom or Magneto. He is just a guy that is strong and thats about it... what else do you want him to do. They are not doing stories where they have the big dumb red guy show up and punch for one issue. They are doing this with the character to see what they can do with the character because it is either this or just sidelined for a while till when a real big villain needs something big and red to punch someone. "

And here you go. Yet another person that thinks Cain is the Rhino. He isn't. He is a man of reasonable intelligence. Who has in fact done things like trick the Goverment into letting him work for them.  

People confuse his personality with his intelligence.
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bingbangboom
    @Vendel: Actually the Rhino had a pretty good story in Amazing Spider-Man not long ago that showed the same sort of thing, how he is not just a big dumb monster... but he is really.  Juggernaut is not going to lead the next big attack against the X-Men or Avengers. Just not going to happen. "Reasonable Intelligence" is pretty much he is not a mole monster. He is out for himself and thats pretty much it. And yes, I did read the story in X-Men about the fishboy.
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bingbangboom
    @Edamame: I even think he is over that. He likes the power he wields but also likes to just be bad and make a living at it.
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vendel
    @Edamame said:

" @bingbangboom: The Juggernaut is mostly concerned with getting revenge against Xavier.  That is why the Juggernaut appears to be less of a threat than other villains since he does not care about being a big villain.  "

No, he isn't. Doing whatever the fuck he wants is Cain's main motivation. Combined with an urge to kill, maim and destroy.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lance Uppercut

I have to say, I was... surprised by the thunderbolts issue. It did confirm that Cain is at least somewhat depowered (which is really the only way this would work) and that he's really only joining to be out of his cell. And that Cage thinks he's too powerful to be on the team safely. So it's not Chuck Austins Juggernaut at least. He's the only major muscle on the team, and maybe he's just getting in to it to beat the tar out of people.

Kakman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kakman

I always thought it would of been cool if Cain busted Black Tom out of prison and started rolling with him again like the old days.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vendel

Anyone else find it ridicules that Professor X of all people gave Cain an endorsement?

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Theworldbreaker

You guys should just keep telling marvel to give Juggernaut his own motherf***ing comic seirse.
    TOMBSTONE999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TOMBSTONE999
    @colhero1:  Your rant echoes my own on alot of occasions.  They are wasting a great villain and involving him in crap story lines.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HellionVulcan

I don't see his character having a bright future but i always thought he'd make a great member of X-force i mean the end goal is something good yet he gets to kill so he'd be at full power but overall right now its just painful to read thunderbolts .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.