Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2033 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

I think Stern messed up worse than Parker.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Vendel

Now Parker has done a couple of big WTF things. Namely depowering The Juggernaut. And having Professor X of all people give an endorsement. I guess X-Men Legacy #219 never happened? 

But looking back the "Something can stop The Juggernaut" story bothers me more. Why you may ask? Well for starters Stern changed what happened to Cain from being suspended in wet cement for awhile to him sinking straight down and walking underground for awhile. Okay completely change what happened? I guess so..whatever. But Cain's reaction to the situation is mind boggling. He is so desperate to see daylight again that by the end of it he would have done anything just to be out of there. Really? This is a man who spent a year sitting on an astroid. And whole lifetimes in the Crimson Cosmos and Oblivion. But a couple weeks under Manhattan will make him contemplate doing a heel face turn?  Again did X-Men Legacy #219 never happen? 

I have several more problems with the issues. But the biggest WTF moment to me would be him apologizing to the guy in the end. Excuse me? The guy LOST HIS JOB in the very same series of events where upon learning Madame Webb WOULD DIE without her life support, he dropped her like a sack of potatoes and walked off complaining about a wasted trip. 

Let me repeat. THE JUGGERNAUT who in his recent appearances is seen killing people at random in a nonchalant manner (again, Legacy #219). And has been shown through his history to have no remorse for all the death and destruction he has caused (in fact he enjoys it). Who showed an utter disregaurd for human life in the prequel story this was based on. APOLOGIZED to the guy because he LOST HIS JOB.   

This was a terrible story. It felt like a two issue story told over three. And the big reveal about who this CU was? Someone no one cares about AT ALL Remember he LOST HIS JOB. It was also hyped up like some titanic clash was going to happen. But exactly 1 punch was thrown by The Juggernaut. And this thing was delayed for months? Why? To make changes so as to better lead into the Thunderbolts? 

Needless to say in exactly two issues Stern and Parker managed to undo what Teri, Gage and Carey had done to bring The Juggernaut back. 

Thanks Roger Stern.

Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Warlord

Yeah , definitely Stern's trilogy is messed up and it's really weird how he depicted Juggernaut in those issues , but , you know what ? I don't like the way Parker depicts Juggernaut either !!!!!

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vendel
    @Warlord said:
    " Yeah , definitely Stern's trilogy is messed up and it's really weird how he depicted Juggernaut in those issues , but , you know what ? I don't like the way Parker depicts Juggernaut either !!!!! "
     Parker in the comic itself and the "fans" of what he has done to Cain both point to the Stern issues as an explanation for his placement on the team.

Oddly enough Parker seems to have had Cain retain his "bad guy" personality (for now). So who knows what is going on.
    Danilo018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Danilo018
    @Vendel said:
    "Now Parker has done a couple of big WTF things. Namely depowering The Juggernaut. And having Professor X of all people give an endorsement. I guess X-Men Legacy #219 never happened?   But looking back the "Something can stop The Juggernaut" story bothers me more. Why you may ask? Well for starters Stern changed what happened to Cain from being suspended in wet cement for awhile to him sinking straight down and walking underground for awhile. Okay completely change what happened? I guess so..whatever. But Cain's reaction to the situation is mind boggling. He is so desperate to see daylight again that by the end of it he would have done anything just to be out of there. Really? This is a man who spent a year sitting on an astroid. And whole lifetimes in the Crimson Cosmos and Oblivion. But a couple weeks under Manhattan will make him contemplate doing a heel face turn?  Again did X-Men Legacy #219 never happen?   I have several more problems with the issues. But the biggest WTF moment to me would be him apologizing to the guy in the end. Excuse me? The guy LOST HIS JOB in the very same series of events where upon learning Madame Webb WOULD DIE without her life support, he dropped her like a sack of potatoes and walked off complaining about a wasted trip.   Let me repeat. THE JUGGERNAUT who in his recent appearances is seen killing people at random in a nonchalant manner (again, Legacy #219). And has been shown through his history to have no remorse for all the death and destruction he has caused (in fact he enjoys it). Who showed an utter disregaurd for human life in the prequel story this was based on. APOLOGIZED to the guy because he LOST HIS JOB.     This was a terrible story. It felt like a two issue story told over three. And the big reveal about who this CU was? Someone no one cares about AT ALL Remember he LOST HIS JOB. It was also hyped up like some titanic clash was going to happen. But exactly 1 punch was thrown by The Juggernaut. And this thing was delayed for months? Why? To make changes so as to better lead into the Thunderbolts?   Needless to say in exactly two issues Stern and Parker managed to undo what Teri, Gage and Carey had done to bring The Juggernaut back.   Thanks Roger Stern. "

agreing 100%. The only good thing from Something Can Stop The Juggernaut was that Stern rewritten the "cement incident" into Juggy going into the Earth's core and demaging the tectonic plates (with sheer strength I hope :-)   ). Also I think that Stern was responsible for the "cement incident" at first place.
    Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vendel
    @Danilo018 said:

" @Vendel said:

"Now Parker has done a couple of big WTF things. Namely depowering The Juggernaut. And having Professor X of all people give an endorsement. I guess X-Men Legacy #219 never happened?   But looking back the "Something can stop The Juggernaut" story bothers me more. Why you may ask? Well for starters Stern changed what happened to Cain from being suspended in wet cement for awhile to him sinking straight down and walking underground for awhile. Okay completely change what happened? I guess so..whatever. But Cain's reaction to the situation is mind boggling. He is so desperate to see daylight again that by the end of it he would have done anything just to be out of there. Really? This is a man who spent a year sitting on an astroid. And whole lifetimes in the Crimson Cosmos and Oblivion. But a couple weeks under Manhattan will make him contemplate doing a heel face turn?  Again did X-Men Legacy #219 never happen?   I have several more problems with the issues. But the biggest WTF moment to me would be him apologizing to the guy in the end. Excuse me? The guy LOST HIS JOB in the very same series of events where upon learning Madame Webb WOULD DIE without her life support, he dropped her like a sack of potatoes and walked off complaining about a wasted trip.   Let me repeat. THE JUGGERNAUT who in his recent appearances is seen killing people at random in a nonchalant manner (again, Legacy #219). And has been shown through his history to have no remorse for all the death and destruction he has caused (in fact he enjoys it). Who showed an utter disregaurd for human life in the prequel story this was based on. APOLOGIZED to the guy because he LOST HIS JOB.     This was a terrible story. It felt like a two issue story told over three. And the big reveal about who this CU was? Someone no one cares about AT ALL Remember he LOST HIS JOB. It was also hyped up like some titanic clash was going to happen. But exactly 1 punch was thrown by The Juggernaut. And this thing was delayed for months? Why? To make changes so as to better lead into the Thunderbolts?   Needless to say in exactly two issues Stern and Parker managed to undo what Teri, Gage and Carey had done to bring The Juggernaut back.   Thanks Roger Stern. "

agreing 100%. The only good thing from Something Can Stop The Juggernaut was that Stern rewritten the "cement incident" into Juggy going into the Earth's core and demaging the tectonic plates (with sheer strength I hope :-)   ). Also I think that Stern was responsible for the "cement incident" at first place. "

What's funny is that in issue two when Cain comes around Stern seems to nail his personality. He gets ambushed and mind blasted. So what does he do? Go after the guy of course! And when he was getting ready to lay into him but Spidey got in his way his response? "I don't care". That is a Juggernaut response. Even the thing with making a new helmet was pretty cool. But in the third issue he just takes a big shit on Cain.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.