Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2013 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

how strong is the juggernaut?

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By odinforce

what are his feats and maximum lifting levels, because i've read about him outbrawling thor so i got curious

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Valtot
    @odinforce:
    not sure but around thors and hulks plus he cant be physically harmed and when he gets momentum hes practically unstoppable- so that helps alot in close combat fighting other strong beings
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Larkin1388

If mjolnir is unbreakable and so is the Juggernaught what would happen in a collision between the two?

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valtot

@Larkin1388:
    what... mjolnir is breakable just requires a extreme amount of damage. (mjolnir recently got broken)

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By odinforce
    @Edamame: lets get some numbers in here. i want to know amount of tons, or some more viable feats pls, those pics dont really tell me anything sorry
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valtot

@odinforce:
    do you want to know current juggernaughts or classic juggernaugts theres a bit of a powergap there

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valtot
    odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By odinforce
    @Valtot: not current juggs because i heard that he is way more weaker. but i guess the juggs before the current juggs
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valtot
    @odinforce:
    go to the site i posted a vast majoirty of the feats there are from classic juggernaught
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12  Edited By SC  Moderator

He is strong enough to give Big Bertha a piggy back ride. To put in perspective, she is huge.  

Also, one time, he carried an entire pub, from Scotland, under the sea, all the way to America. Though, should be said, that water aids strength lifting feats, but he was only underwater for 90 percent of the journey, and on land for some of it too, so you know. 

odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By odinforce

holy crap how do you freakin stop the juggernaut? any fights anyone could post?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @odinforce said:
    " holy crap how do you freakin stop the juggernaut? any fights anyone could post? "

Oh, well he is not that über strong or fast. Telepathy takes him down, but most characters stalemate him or BFR him. You know in two of the cases he outbrawled Thor, Thor was sick, or Juggernaut was amped, one time he wasn't stopped, the other time, Thor BFR'd him, and the other time, Thor took away some of his powers, but... all of which I said, the finer details could be argued over and over, so I present a simplified version.  

Currently Juggernaut is depowered because of writer creativity. Sorry, lack of.  

You won't really find numbers for his feats, but he can cause high end level earthquakes, with his fists, and topple buildings and all that. 
    odinforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By odinforce
    @SC: any planet busting capability? because i know that thor is
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Valtot
    @odinforce:
    yes thor was admittedly a planet buster with the odinforce but juggernaught isnt-
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @odinforce said:
    " @SC: any planet busting capability? because i know that thor is "

Not that I recall seeing, and I have almost all his books...., but he has exchanged blows, with some planet busters, or guys who have also exchanged blows with some planet busters. (Like Hulk has fought Gladiator and did pretty good, and Hulk and Juggernaut are fairly even with their attacks to each other) and a more powerful than usual Juggernaut could punch realities and dimensions or some silly.... etc

Always remember too that Juggernaut is most dangerous because of his durability. So far he has proven invulnerable to any purely physical damage*. Its a massive equalizer. So Juggernauts durability >>>>> Juggernauts strength. Most comic characters strength and durability go hand in hand somewhat.  

Has been hurt or neutralized with mystic swords and attacks to his sense. 
    CaptinAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CaptinAwesome
    @SC: didn't onslaught punch a hole in his chest, or did he weaken him by attacking his mind first?
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By TypingKira
    @Valtot said:
    "

@Larkin1388:
    what... mjolnir is breakable just requires a extreme amount of damage. (mjolnir recently got broken)

"
    Mjolnir can only be broken by something stronger than itself. while it is true that it can and has recently been broken, I think it's fair to say that Juggernaut couldn't do it. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @CaptinAwesome said:
    " @SC: didn't onslaught punch a hole in his chest, or did he weaken him by attacking his mind first? "

I believe Onslaught essentially put Juggernaut into psychic coma and then threw him a huge distance. There was the part with the Gem of Cytorrak, but i believe that was in the mindscape, psychic realm etc. half of what happened exactly was actually explained in the handbooks, since the character and catalyst for Juggernaut's defeat, in real time, didn't actually exists at the time it happened. Onslaught the character actually hadn't been created or figured out before his actions and one bit with Juggernaut had been done in print. 
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By perry_411
    @SC: Speaking of Onslaught isn't he back from the negative zone?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @perry_411 said:
    " @SC: Speaking of Onslaught isn't he back from the negative zone? "

Indeed he is, or at least to some effect like that, I believe his return is this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday in Onslaught Unleashed #1 sounds interesting. 
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HellionVulcan

Juggernauts Punches in Hulk #602 were massive on the Richter magnitude scale i think Juggernaut at full strength is well should be a planet buster  .

Juggernaut punches on the Richter magnitude scale
    Juggernaut punches on the Richter magnitude scale

Richter magnitude 8 is equal to approximatly 1 gigaton (a billion tons)of TNT Seismic Energy Yield as Hank didn't mean 4.8 Richter magnitude scale will not do that at all plus the description of an 4.8 is Noticeable shaking of indoor items, rattling noises. Significant damage unlikely, yet juggernauts punches ripped the ground apart fairly easy .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale 

also In amazing spider-man between  #627 to  #629 when it shows how Juggernaut escaped after falling down from the cement into the tectonic plates beneath New York City just moving would've taken so much strength due to the force of being that far down .
    perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By perry_411
    @SC: So, is he getting nerfed? Sometimes characters just can't be returned to print after and epic. I mean the end of the age of heroes was epic. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @perry_411 said:
    " @SC: So, is he getting nerfed? Sometimes characters just can't be returned to print after and epic. I mean the end of the age of heroes was epic.  "

Probably. I mean, a bit too early to tell. Probably best not to get your hopes up to high. I am sure someone will have a review thread up for ish #1
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEGRAAF

This doesnt really show his power but the part i found interesting and IMO wrong with this fight is that as long as juggernaut has momentum, nothing can stop him but as he is falling Skaar knock the crap out of him and it is stated this is capable because Juggs wasnt touching the ground. It doesnt make sense though because he still has momentum. If anything it is Skaar ability that should have been hindered because he actually does have ot be touching the ground
    This doesnt really show his power but the part i found interesting and IMO wrong with this fight is that as long as juggernaut has momentum, nothing can stop him but as he is falling Skaar knock the crap out of him and it is stated this is capable because Juggs wasnt touching the ground. It doesnt make sense though because he still has momentum. If anything it is Skaar ability that should have been hindered because he actually does have ot be touching the ground

I know this doesnt help a whole lot numbers wise but here he is fighting WWH
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HellionVulcan

That skaar fight was pis all round juggernaut was used to make skaar look better thats it as his old power should have no effect on him .

Knowsbleed33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Knowsbleed33

Juggernaut is generally portrayed as being as strong as he needs to be.

Detroit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Detroit101
    @odinforce:
    this has been asked a hundred times............................ 

look it up before starting new topics.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Valtot: 

if BRB is a planet buster then CLASSIC/Modern thor is. and with the odinforce he's skyfather level making him a Galaxy buster like Odin and Zues.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Valtot
    @Theworldbreaker:
    ok... im not sure what comment your replying to from a month ago, but if it was the part with thor with the odin force being a planet buster, i meant thor could bust planets alot easier by other means than he could without the odin force as previously it would take something like ramming a planet at high speeds tearing it apart or hitting its core to destroy it, but thor with the odin force never displayed classic odin high end feats with it to my knowledge anyway such as a galaxy bust though hed probalby be capable of it as rune king thor with far greater knowledge on how to use the odin force
    Bor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bor

Juggernaut is avatar of Cyttorak....Jugg as Classic is stronger than Thor but he can faar stronger...For example in 8-th Day Juggernaut - Cain was so strong that he almost killed Thor by just catching him for a few sec...

Marvel said that Juggernaut has potential to be not only the most durable but also the strongest guy in Marvel World. There is a official Marvel note with this information. Human_Juggernaut got it (i cant find it atm).

But the real problem is that writers dont use Jugg in way he could be used...Its not nice...

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juggernaut may win in a fight but hulk is definitely stronger

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g@y character

wd40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkseidFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wd40: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
    ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By ProteusXManRxis

He can be overestimated alot.

saboyaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strong enough to jugg deez nutz

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.