Follow

Juggernaut

Character » Juggernaut appears in 2013 issues.

Cain Marko, also known as the Juggernaut, is the step-brother of X-Men founder Charles Xavier and the avatar of Cyttorak. Powered by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Marko is bestowed virtually limitless brute strength and durability which he mostly uses for criminal pursuits and wanton destruction. The Juggernaut is considered one of the strongest and most powerful beings on Earth.

How far does Juggernaut need to be depowered to get fatally hurt?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
    7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor vs Rhino:

Depowered Juggernaut vs Rhino

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JohnnyWalker

first off nott the same thing in the pics. thor was hit with magic, juggs not. for how depowered, check out the excalibur run with first x-men clones.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By PurpleCandy

Did Thor just get beat by Rhino? Must be from a Spidey comic, that wouldn't happen in Thors own comic.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PurpleCandy said:

Did Thor just get beat by Rhino? Must be from a Spidey comic, that wouldn't happen in Thors own comic.

It was a Rhino prepped by Doc Ock with a deus ex machina slash mystical horn. Dan Slott was the writer of the issue and he is a pretty big Thor fan. He is basically playing off the whole Ragnarok myth and Thor falling by Jörmungandr's venom. So within context its not really that out there. 
    NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NerdsFTW

@SC: So a regular Rhino couldn't do that to Thor?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @NerdsFTW said:

Pretty much. I can't imagine really any writer who knows the characters even roughly allowing regular Rhino to do that to Thor. There are probably more writers who would have Thor one shot Rhino than give normal Rhino a clean win.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NerdsFTW said:

Well, Rhino wasn't ampped or empowered. He was normal Rhino with just a Tooth of the Midgar Serpent as a new horn. He was fighting Thor and managed to swing around Thor before impaling him. I don't see the new horn working on depowered Juggernaut let alone one that is fully powered by the Gem.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NerdsFTW

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Thor can harm Juggernaut once Thor does this:

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NerdsFTW said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Thor can harm Juggernaut once Thor does this:

No Caption Provided

I don't see any harm done in that scan. All I see is a depowered Juggernaut tanking hits from a blood lusted Thor.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NerdsFTW

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I said Thor can Juggernaut once Thor negates his mystical defenses.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NerdsFTW said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: I said Thor can Juggernaut once Thor negates his mystical defenses.

He did negate the mystical forcefield for 60 seconds, but still wasn't able to "harm" Juggernaut. All he did was punch him down, but it didn't harm him.

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NerdsFTW

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

He did negate the mystical forcefield for 60 seconds, but still wasn't able to "harm" Juggernaut. All he did was punch him down, but it didn't harm him.

Pretty sure his helmet was shattered and Thor was holding back.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well personally my favorite part of the Prose Edda is when Juggernaut defeats Jörmungandr with a down, down right, right double punch Juggernaut Headcrush before following that up with a 48 hit hyper combo but then is poisoned and then dies dramatically, thus... oh wait. Hmmmn. I guess it would make no sense to have Rhino attack Juggernaut with Midgard Serpents Tooth (my bad, an item that gives an extra edge to a character definitely can't be said to be empowering them) I guess Rhino could just use some Jellyfish oil on his horn. That would probably kill Juggernaut. Impale Juggernaut with the tip of Shatterstar's sword and that dudes also probably a goner, killed to death. If only Juggernaut had more strength, but I don't remember him ever being to harm people, ever, just push them over and maybe bore them so much they lie down for a bit, and random spontaneous bleeding, but definitely didn't "harm" any of them. 

gwilburn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gwilburn12

Well, when Juggernaut was with the Thunderbolts he was vastly depowered. I believe it was right after the storyline with Spiderman where he inherited the Uni-powers for a short period and as a result was depowered by Cyttorak. I can't recall the issue in Thunderbolts but a few of the reformed heroes along with Juggernaut clashed with some of the Avengers. Juggs took a licking from Thor, Iron Man, and Luke Cage and still wouldn't bow down. He was getting it taken to him but that goes to show how much power Cyttorak took from him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NerdsFTW said:

LOL, He was NOT holding back. Juggernaut was holding back, Thor was trying his hardest. Why else did he get exhausted while Juggernaut didn't? Why else would Thor attempt a desperation maneuver to BFR Juggernaut to save his life?

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By HellionVulcan

@NerdsFTW said:

Juggernauts helmet always gets destroyed nowadays he just makes a new one but Thor has never truly harmed Juggernaut even using his best attacks, Juggernauts durability is to much .

@NerdsFTW said:

LOL, He was NOT holding back. Juggernaut was holding back, Thor was trying his hardest. Why else did he get exhausted while Juggernaut didn't? Why else would Thor attempt a desperation maneuver to BFR Juggernaut to save his life?

well to be fair Thor while being a god does get tired from exhausting himself (doing the god blast & such) while Juggernaut will never tire due to his power source .Thor knows he can't brawl with him or do anything else besides bfr as thors no fool he fights smart when he has to .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.