otoboke's Journey into Mystery #87 - Prisoner Of The Reds! review

Avatar image for otoboke

Prisoner of the Reds!

Marvel really liked their trends back in 1962, huh? Out are the aliens, still in are the Reds, and now there’s this endless stream of their biggest superheroes being prisoners of something or another. Fine, but leaving Journey into Mystery to dabble in trends instead of pushing things like it has done the past few months is a little more than disappointing. With that said however, for an issue built around commies (again) the outing isn’t flat out terrible. In fact, it can be fun at times, and simply seeing Thor take on man-eating sharks is fine by me. I just hope they amp the quality up next time, as Journey was fast becoming my second favourite series until this rather pedestrian curiosity.

1956165-review.jpg

For full reviews complete with digitally recovered covers and art work, visit http://manicmarvel.tumblr.com/

Other reviews for Journey into Mystery #87 - Prisoner Of The Reds!