Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4210 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Would you like Joker to die?

Avatar image for shrinkagenecrosis
    ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, I know I'll have lots of hate-response for this, but whatever.

So, 2014 will be year of Batman 75th Anniversary, and I believe it's time to give Clown Prince to die new character evolution. As we know in One Million universe there's a character Laughing Virus, who appears to be ghost of the Joker, who was murdered in 21st century, and Batman failed to save him. So, would you like Joker to die and transform into something new? If you do, then who should kill him? And who should take a mantle of Clown Prince?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Nope... Joker shouldn't/couldn't/won't die. Nothing else will be the same and honestly, after 73 years, Joker is still insanely epically awesome.

ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

Okay, then how will you prolong his life, lazarus pit-baths, new body (poor Tim) or something else? By the way, do you think he should have his face back?

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its done right then i wont mind but if its a bad story then il hate it

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you want to kill off arguably the best villain in comics?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want him to die, but I want him to see fear, true fear and not laugh when superman punches a hole in his gut. I want to see him actually afraid. TAS one was less insane than the comic one, and has displayed fear of dying.

ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

I don't want him to die, but I want him to see fear, true fear and not laugh when superman punches a hole in his gut. I want to see him actually afraid. TAS one was less insane than the comic one, and has displayed fear of dying.

There was an issue, teen titans annual or something like that (pre new 52). Raven tried to scare Joker, yeah he had fears, he just finds them funny, so he was crying laughing. But I agree would love to see him afraid. Like when Batman Impostor shoot him in the face.

ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would you want to kill off arguably the best villain in comics?

He's old enough (outside of new 52 stupid time line). Besides he still needs to die in 21st century, so why not on anniversary? And that wouldn't be completely killing, just character evolution.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl:

Okay, then how will you prolong his life, lazarus pit-baths, new body (poor Tim) or something else? By the way, do you think he should have his face back?

Maybe finds the Philosopher's Stone or sells his soul for immortality or something. And yeah he definitely needs his face back.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe a fake death at the hands of Damian.

ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirlOr just make another reboot with everyone young.

Unfortunately I kinda agree, don't see any writer at DC to kill off Joker yet. But I really thought that Snyder would kill him in №17 especially with that One Million reference in №13. But no, he just ruined him.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shrinkagenecrosis: I actually thought DotF was good until the end. But yeah, the end ruined it all.

ShrinkageNecrosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl I really hated how he made him from Batman's archnemesis into just master planner. I mean, he made him absolutely incapable of fighting. He punched him just once, ONCE, and yet Bruce was paralyzed. And this is for a character who once took on Justice league alone.

Canek16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker needs to die at the same time as Batman in a fight against each other, that will be the only acceptable death for the Joker (To me)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.