Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4233 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Would batman kill the joker...

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

if he killed his entire bat family right in front of him?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Probably not.....because of his morals...besides, if Batman loses a sidekick, he has got like 9 more people to replace them

Avatar image for greenflashlight
    Greenflashlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Greenflashlight

The entire Bat family I think so he almost killed Nobody when the beat Damin I think if Joker killed him Bats would kill him, I think a most Joker would have to kill Damin and Alfred and Bruce would snap

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

That's what happened in JLA: The Nail.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Gambit1024

Nope.  
    Still, I'd be into an elsewords story where Joker kills Alfred. I'm curious to see how Bruce would handle that.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

Maybe if he was out of his mind with rage, but he would regret it later.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

He MIGHT. But if he stays in his wits he wouldn't. He'd have to go truly berserk and lose his mind.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By Dracade102

The Joker would probably get beaten within an inch of his life, and become damaged beyond repair, but I doubt Batman would give him the pleasure of claiming the last laugh in their rivalry. Loosing loved ones isn't anything new to Batman, but loosing his self respect would ruin him.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@CitizenBane said:

That's what happened in JLA: The Nail.

This.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

Nightwing technically beat Joker to death that one time so Joker may not be able to take out the entire Bat family. He was only dead for like a minute before Batman stupidly did cpr on him instead of just letting him stay dead tho.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

No.He has his morals.He would hunt Joker and beat the crap out of him but he won't kill him.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024 said:

Nope. Still, I'd be into an elsewords story where Joker kills Alfred. I'm curious to see how Bruce would handle that.

That gave me the idea... I'd be into an elseworlds story where Alfred kills Joker.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024
    @ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Nope. Still, I'd be into an elsewords story where Joker kills Alfred. I'm curious to see how Bruce would handle that.

That gave me the idea... I'd be into an elseworlds story where Alfred kills Joker.

You're mad. Simply mad. 

........I'd read it.........
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:

You're mad. Simply mad. ........I'd read it.........

Tell me that wouldn't be fantastic in a Millar sort of way...?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gambit1024
    @ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@ReVamp said:

@Gambit1024 said:

You're mad. Simply mad. ........I'd read it.........

Tell me that wouldn't be fantastic in a Millar sort of way...?

I could see it now: 

Batman's out on patrol one night on the hunt for the Joker for the umpteenth time, and the two have a savage fight. Batman of course comes out the victor, and once again, Joker is taken to Arkham Asylum. The same old song and dance. Bruce comes home exhausted in the early morning, with narration by Alfred's inner monologue. Alfred feels bad for Bruce. He knows that he's been doing his parents' proud, but with maniacs like Joker or Two-Face or Riddler always on the prowl, Bruce can never achieve his goal of peace in Gotham. Bruce would never be the one to execute him, but things would certainly do better if someone would. Flash forward to a few months later. Batman's out tracking down Killer Croc in the sewers while Alfred's at Wayne Manor. The police scanner goes off, saying that Joker's escaped the Asylum again. Alfred decides that tonight's the night the madness ends. He arranges a meeting with the Joker. Joker babbles on about how the Bat's butler is so entirely brave for meeting with him, when Alfred looks at him coldly, pulls out his silenced pistol to Joker's amazement, and fires three bullets in Joker's chest, one in the head. "Talk about a punchline.. Heheh..." Joker says, taking a final breath. Joker's dead. 

Alfred gets home before Bruce does, and Bruce returns home early morning, exhausted from his battle with Croc. Not saying a word to anyone, Bruce goes to sleep. When he awakes, Alfred goes about his morning routine as if nothing's happened, when Bruce turns on the news. Joker's been shot and killed. DNA is a complete match. There were no witnesses, no gunshots heard, no nothing. The Joker's been murdered. As Gotham Police is on the scene, none of them are particularly worried about catching the culprit. "He was a demented freak of nature." Detective Bullock explains, "Who gives a shit about him? The Bat? Nah. We're all better off without the demented lunatic." Bruce is stunned. He goes to see for himself. Alfred says nothing. 

Batman arrives to the morgue, where his adversary's body lies stiff. Sneaking in undetected, Batman examines the body, noticing the gunshots. Whoever did it was an excellent shot. They hit him in all the right places. He took a sample of his blood, a piece of his clothing, and a lock of his hair. He brings the evidence back to the Cave. Joker's dead alright. This isn't a Clayface trick. It's the real deal. The gun which he'd been shot wasn't cheap. Very high-tech and hard to get. He quickly assumed it was Jason Todd, so Bruce sets out to interrogate his ex-sidekick. Todd denies all of it, and Bruce is getting frustrated. He's not lying. On his way back to the mansion, Nightwing stops Bruce to see how he's doing. Oddly enough, Bruce is angrier than usual. See, in a perfect world, Joker wouldn't exist, and Bruce would be ecstatic. Now that he's gone, though, things are hauntingly empty for him. It's unnerving. Bruce is on a roller coaster of emotion that he has no idea what to feel.  Joker was his equal in many ways, but an extreme opposite. In some sick, twisted way, they were friends.

Days turned into weeks, and Bruce has been doing his detective work day and night, not coming up with any progress. He's become obsessive. He's interrogated every possible suspect, including Tim Drake, Harley Quinn, and even Jim Gordon. Everyone except his butler, who was nothing but a father to him. He's shunned out everyone except for Alfred, who hasn't spoken much since the night he murdered the Joker. He's starting to crack though. See, with Joker dead, crime had dropped significantly. Why on Earth is Bruce still at this rubbish? He should be happy that that maniac is gone. Finally, after hours of agony, Alfred confesses.  At first, Bruce is in denial. How could he have done it so cleanly? When could he have done it? Why would he do it? Alfred calmly explains to Bruce that he's been his butler since he was born. He knew exactly how to clean up the mess without him ever knowing what happened. "I did it for your own good Master Bruce. He was a cancer to you and this city, and he had to be dealt with by means you would never go by. He was killing you." Furious, Bruce lunges at him, beating him nearly unconscious, "YOU MURDEROUS PIECE OF FILTH! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT?! WHY WOULD YOU EVER--?!" He stopped once the rage cleared, noticing Alfred's pulverized face. "I'm sorry Master Bruce. I truly am," Alfred gasps as he's been beaten to a bloody pulp, "But once you get passed this, you'll realize that I did it for you. Your parents would be so proud. I couldn't let his blood fall on your hands. I love you, son."  

He's gone.  

Alfred Pennyworth 1949-2012
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024: ....Wow. That ending was fcking powerful. Really.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024 said:

I could see it now: Batman's out on patrol one night on the hunt for the Joker for the umpteenth time, and the two have a savage fight. Batman of course comes out the victor, and once again, Joker is taken to Arkham Asylum. The same old song and dance. Bruce comes home exhausted in the early morning, with narration by Alfred's inner monologue. Alfred feels bad for Bruce. He knows that he's been doing his parents' proud, but with maniacs like Joker or Two-Face or Riddler always on the prowl, Bruce can never achieve his goal of peace in Gotham. Bruce would never be the one to execute him, but things would certainly do better if someone would. Flash forward to a few months later. Batman's out tracking down Killer Croc in the sewers while Alfred's at Wayne Manor. The police scanner goes off, saying that Joker's escaped the Asylum again. Alfred decides that tonight's the night the madness ends. He arranges a meeting with the Joker. Joker babbles on about how the Bat's butler is so entirely brave for meeting with him, when Alfred looks at him coldly, pulls out his silenced pistol to Joker's amazement, and fires three bullets in Joker's chest, one in the head. "Talk about a punchline.. Heheh..." Joker says, taking a final breath. Joker's dead. Alfred gets home before Bruce does, and Bruce returns home early morning, exhausted from his battle with Croc. Not saying a word to anyone, Bruce goes to sleep. When he awakes, Alfred goes about his morning routine as if nothing's happened, when Bruce turns on the news. Joker's been shot and killed. DNA is a complete match. There were no witnesses, no gunshots heard, no nothing. The Joker's been murdered. As Gotham Police is on the scene, none of them are particularly worried about catching the culprit. "He was a demented freak of nature." Detective Bullock explains, "Who gives a shit about him? The Bat? Nah. We're all better off without the demented lunatic." Bruce is stunned. He goes to see for himself. Alfred says nothing. Batman arrives to the morgue, where his adversary's body lies stiff. Sneaking in undetected, Batman examines the body, noticing the gunshots. Whoever did it was an excellent shot. They hit him in all the right places. He took a sample of his blood, a piece of his clothing, and a lock of his hair. He brings the evidence back to the Cave. Joker's dead alright. This isn't a Clayface trick. It's the real deal. The gun which he'd been shot wasn't cheap. Very high-tech and hard to get. He quickly assumed it was Jason Todd, so Bruce sets out to interrogate his ex-sidekick. Todd denies all of it, and Bruce is getting frustrated. He's not lying. On his way back to the mansion, Nightwing stops Bruce to see how he's doing. Oddly enough, Bruce is angrier than usual. See, in a perfect world, Joker wouldn't exist, and Bruce would be ecstatic. Now that he's gone, though, things are hauntingly empty for him. It's unnerving. Bruce is on a roller coaster of emotion that he has no idea what to feel. Days turned into weeks, and Bruce has been doing his detective work day and night, not coming up with any progress. He's become obsessive. He's interrogated every possible suspect, including Tim Drake, Harley Quinn, and even Jim Gordon. Everyone except his butler, who was nothing but a father to him. He's shunned out everyone except for Alfred, who hasn't spoken much since the night he murdered the Joker. He's starting to crack though. See, with Joker dead, crime had dropped significantly. Why on Earth is Bruce still at this rubbish? He should be happy that that maniac is gone. Finally, after hours of agony, Alfred confesses. At first, Bruce is in denial. How could he have done it so cleanly? When could he have done it? Why would he do it? Alfred calmly explains to Bruce that he's been his butler since he was born. He knew exactly how to clean up the mess without him ever knowing what happened. "I did it for your own good Master Bruce. He was a cancer to you and this city, and he had to be dealt with by means you would never go by. He was killing you." Furious, Bruce lunges at him, beating him nearly unconscious, "YOU MURDEROUS PIECE OF FILTH! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT?! WHY WOULD YOU EVER--?!" He stopped once the rage cleared, noticing Alfred's pulverized face. "I'm sorry Master Bruce. I truly am," Alfred gasps as he's been beaten to a bloody pulp, "But once you get passed this, you'll realize that I did it for you. Your parents would be so proud. I couldn't let his blood fall on your hands. I love you, son." He's gone. Alfred Pennyworth 1949-2012

O_O....that....was....freakin.....epic

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gambit1024
    @ReVamp@BlackArmor: Thanks guys... I should really be doing my homework now -__-
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@Gambit1024: No, noooo, noooo, come to the Dark side. Fck that shit and come eat cookies with us.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Gambit1024 said:

@ReVamp: @BlackArmor: Thanks guys... I should really be doing my homework now -__-

Same here, its 9:30 where I am, and at this point I know I shan't be getting any sleep tonight :(

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis

He wont.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Saren
    No Caption Provided
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By kidchipotle

@Gambit1024: Amazing story...like wow.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By sinestro_GL

If he wanted to, he would have done it by now...

...the whole kill vs not kill is an interesting mental issue for Batman.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

No.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

Batman not killing the Joker isn't what bothers me it's the several times Batman has actually saved the Joker's life that gets me. If someone is hunting down the Joker just let them do the job then bring them to justice (Tho if I were a Gothamite I'd consider Justice for who ever took out the Joker would be to throw them a parade)

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman knows that people on ugly costumes gets back from the grave.

For the same, there is no point in killing the Joker, becuase tha Batfamily will be back(I mean Alfred is cooler that the Aunt May and she is back).

Even if people stay dead, The Joker wants that, so he wins.

Is better to torture the Joker, for the fact he know that at the end he never wins.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By daredevil21134

Maybe if he killed Dick Grayson or Alfred

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.