Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4240 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Thought this was worthy of posting

organiczulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By organiczulu

Im not a big gamer myself, but I just saw the preview for the game Mortal Kombat vs. Dc Universe.
    My parents never provided us with any game consoles, I guess you could say they deprived us, but the one game that we did play at my grandmas, was mortal kombat for sega genesis and we would play it all the time.

So the preview of all the old characters made me happy and brought back memories :)
    Oh, and you-know-who is in it...

caption
    caption
    The batman is also in it. Im not sure if these are the only characters, or just the ones they're showing on the site.
    www.worldscollide.com
    I really hope that not all they have.

Anyways, anyone have this game? what do you think?

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Croaker

To me, it's pretty much just another in the long line of "versus" milking.

Of course the idea of playing as DC characters intrigues me. And that's what they're counting on. It intrigues me as a scenario, because I'm interested in seeing the characters interact with each other.

But they're all essentially unbalanced, so they need to come up with lame explonations why the likes of Flash and Superman wouldn't kick everyone's ass in a simple melee duel.

If they're going put aside the DC characters' characteristics, this game will tank. Joker doesn't do organized martial arts or giant flip flops. He uses guns, acid-spewing flowers, lethal joy buzzers.. The fact that he has managed to stay alive so long is because he is both totally unpredictable and always has an ace up his sleeve. He might be a decent fistfighter, but a beat em' up character? I think not.

mateus_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mateus_ds

yes but mortal kombat is all about the special abilities.
    you dont just fist fight, you use scorpion's hook, or sub zero's freezing power, or tsang tsun's ability to copy his opponent's moves.
    joker could fit right in if they give him his buzzer, his acid(reptile anyone?) and maybe even a version of the laughing gas to paralize opponents.
    and cmon, have you seen his finisher in this game? its hilarious!

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hawk

Thanks cool hair lady.

Punchinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Punchinello

Exactly what I was thinking, Croaker!

DC characters in a video-game, playable; it definitely gets my attention. But as a beat 'em up? With characters that technically would suck as fighters, IE: The Joker, Maxie Zeus, whatever you can think of; nope. It's just another gimmicky game. If it only involved characters that actually fought with martial arts, then that's a completely different story.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Joker was the best character in the game until they censored his fatality.How lame....

organiczulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By organiczulu

really?? what do you mean??

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

http://www.comicvine.com/dc-universe/12-40391/mortal-kombat-vs-dc/92-22774/#161

mateus_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mateus_ds

yes, how was it censored...last i checked he still blows the brains of his opponents with a gun no?

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10  Edited By likalaruku
    Croaker said:
     The fact that he has managed to stay alive so long is because he is both totally unpredictable and always has an ace up his sleeve. He might be a decent fistfighter, but a beat em' up character? I think not."
    He's also resistant to poison, is a fantastic escape artist, has a great high-kick, will use whatever's around him as a weapon (like a potted palm tree) can snap necks, drive like an asshole, & take point-blank gunshots to the head & not die.

I liked the voice they gave him, sounded enough like Mark Hamill not to mess with my head, because when I read the comics, all those 90s voices are the ones I hear in my head.

His fatalities were pretty boring. They should all be ammusing enough that they don't instantly bore you. The initial impression I had with many of the fatalities was "WTF kind of cop-out is this?" Wish he'd used his Robin Fatility: Bludgeon with pipe until near death, lock in building, explode building. Or a real fun one would of been him leaving the screen a reappearing in an ambulance that he runs the guy over with & then backs up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.