Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4233 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Things Joker WOULD do and WOULD NOT do...

Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
    Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

I'm taking a moment to collect info on Joker, I'm far more of a Marvel fan than DC, actually, I only really care about Batman and his villains to be honest. Anyway, I was wondering, while I understand Joker pretty well, I was curious about how everyone is constantly gabbing on and on about "Jack Nicholson was the best!" or "Heath is the best!"... The reason I'm making this thread is to ask about the Joker from the comics, what HE'D do and not do. Was there something in one of the movies (or even cartoon shows) that was incorrect or very true to his comic character?

Note: I know Joker is constantly changing his personality and I know about how goofy and sadistic he can be, so to me it seems like everyone did something right. Your thoughts?

jokerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By jokerman

i dident really understand but i think i guess
    Joker would do: kill more than 500 pepole
    Joker wouldent do: dead

The Batman!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The Batman!

............would try to kill me............wouldnt work a 9 to 5

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Kill Batman day-in and day-out just for fun.... i.e. Superman: Emperor Joker
    He's one of the few DC characters that knows he's a comic book character.... i.e. Superman/Batman: Vengeance & Superman: Emperor Joker

The Joker's personality is constantly changing around, almost as though he has multiple personality disorder, except each personality is sadistic and violent.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iSHADOW

would do: bang your mom

wouldnt do: keep a youg boy in a cave and make him wear skintight outfits.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6  Edited By likalaruku

I believe he wants his death to be a double-homicide with Batman, that in his moment of death, knowing he got Batman to kill would be his crowning glory over the Bat, his last laugh. If any other villian managed to kill Batman, he would deffinately kill them or die trying.

So MY question is, if he was fighting Batman & Batman died first, what would he do? Every writer will have a different outcome for this scenerio; Going Sane being my least favorite. I think he'd possibly do one of many things;

Would he progress into actual insanity?
    Would he see no point in going on & off himself?
    Would he become catatonicly depressed?
    Would he create a new Batman or other new ultimate enemy?
    Would he completely reinvent himself as a new villian or even a hero?
    Would he become a normaly functioning member of society?
    Would he allow himself to be convicted to death row & gloat in prison until his day came?

Uhh, I think some of these scenarios have already happened before...

CJtheRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CJtheRad

To say something the Joker wouldn't do is pointless because in theory, if the Joker saw that one had marked something as an imposibility, the Joker would take this imposibility and do it just to make fun of it all.  Then again now that I've posted this perhapse he wouldn't because It's been mentioned but then again he might just track me down and kill me for supposeing that he would take any action.  In short, there's really nothing he wouldn't do.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By likalaruku
    CJtheRad said:
    "To say something the Joker wouldn't do is pointless because in theory, if the Joker saw that one had marked something as an imposibility, the Joker would take this imposibility and do it just to make fun of it all.  Then again now that I've posted this perhapse he wouldn't because It's been mentioned but then again he might just track me down and kill me for supposeing that he would take any action.  In short, there's really nothing he wouldn't do."
      He'd marry a statue made out of cheese if it got him enough press coverage.
    Avatar image for theladyintheradiator
    TheLadyInTheRadiator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you want a comparison of the movie jokers? like what they did right or wrong?
    If so i would say...

Heaths: Would do: playing crazy mind games on people, like the horrible situations he puts people in, to decide to kill others etc.
                   Wouldn't do: I always saws him as elegant, and felt he was above everyone, but in this he seems to lack self confidence and all. Also he wouldn't spray paint an S on a lorry saying "laughter is the best medicine" he would probably cross out the S on a lorry saying "slaughterhouse" (but thats just me being picky)

Nicholsons: Would do: make the crazy jokes, and use the crazy stupid gadgets etc. And the crazy schemes of trying to win the city over, i felt that was quite comic-book jokerish, including the TV commercial.
                           Wouldn't do: He probably wouldn't have his gang dresed in those stupid outfts, they'd be freaks or they'd wear some sort of clown thing.

At the moment i am a little biased coz i dont think that Heath's character was the joker i know and love, but it was still freaking awesome, just not as much of the joekr as i expected. So i am a little more sided with nicholsons. i have probs given you an answer you dont want, if i have sorry :P

Croaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Croaker

Sexual assaults. It's not like he has a moral compass that prevents him from doing it. But his hopeless outlook on life simply seeks to eradicate and destroy as much as possible. Plus I would imagine him considering it way too carnal and brutish a crime and therefore not the "elegant entertainment" he aims for.

Oh, and he seems to have no sort of libido whatsoever. Harley is just another joke for him.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By likalaruku
    Croaker said:
    "Sexual assaults. It's not like he has a moral compass that prevents him from doing it. But his hopeless outlook on life simply seeks to eradicate and destroy as much as possible. Plus I would imagine him considering it way too carnal and brutish a crime and therefore not the "elegant entertainment" he aims for.

Oh, and he seems to have no sort of libido whatsoever. Harley is just another joke for him."

I agree wholeheartedly with both statements.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Joker WOULD keep wearing that same lame ass purple suit for 20+ years.

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By likalaruku

The Joker used to wear a zoot suit with a hat, now he wears a ringmaster zoot suit with clog-tipped spats. Well, now he's got the white chong-pao like hospital jacket.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#14  Edited By No_Name_

impossible. joker is too unpredictable

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joker wouldn't mock HP Doomsday, Darkseid, Dark Angel, Ares, Black Adam, Blacksmith, Magneta, Lord Satanus, Brainiac, Metall, General Zod, Mongul, Cyborg Superman because any of them would destroy with absolute before he could get off the punch line.

santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By santeria_smith

Batman in the kitchen, robin in the hall, joker in the bathroom pissing on the wall.

so i guess he would pee on walls in the bathroom?

or. jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg, batmobile lost a wheel and joker got away HEY!..

steal batmobiles wheels? lol.

Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wouldn't do something without the purpose of it being funny to him, and ticking someone or multiple people off.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By G'bandit

He wouldn't kill Batman.

He would kill the rest of the Bat family.

V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By V
    G'bandit said:
    "He wouldn't kill Batman.

He would kill the rest of the Bat family."
    Seconded.
    The only thing you can predict about the Joker, imo, is that he wouldn't kill Bats.
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V said:
    "G'bandit said:
    "He wouldn't kill Batman.

He would kill the rest of the Bat family."
    Seconded.
    The only thing you can predict about the Joker, imo, is that he wouldn't kill Bats.
    "

You can further he's always going to act like a savage to get Batman's attention, and make a mockery of him since Bats won't kill him, just beat him up, and put him back in the failed Arkam Asylum.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.