Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4212 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Joker with power ring? How could it happen?

Avatar image for cannotspellmyname
    CannotSpellMyName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm surprised that over the long history of DC Comics there still doesn't seem to be a single instance in which the Joker uses a Lantern ring, which I think could make for a great story considering the ways in which a maniac like Joker could use such a dangerous weapon. I know there are already a number of topics asking what kind of ring the Joker would use should he ever get his hands on one. Fans, including myself, would go nuts over a (well-written) story with Joker having a power ring in his possession and using it to wreak havoc, just imagine the damage he could do with that twisted imagination of his. The problem, according to some, seems to be that there is no type of power ring that quite fits the Joker's personality and/or motives, and thus he would never be allowed to use one. However, considering the capricious nature of comics, surely there must be some way to make this a plausible scenario, even if that means somehow tricking or coercing the ring into obedience? So, under what circumstances could the Joker get his hands on a Lantern ring, fair play or not? Someone suggested that the Joker might invent a new type of "chaos ring", possibly by combining several different types of already existing rings, could that be one way?

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would be a worse vilain.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt Joker has any capability to manipulate lantern rings let alone any spectrum introduced thus far. Maybe he could be a Sinestro Corps member....maybe. Always made more sense to me than Scarecrow in my opinion. Other than that he doesn't inspire or have hope. He wouldn't fit under the vindictive rage fueled Red Lanterns. He could be a Star Sapphire based on his love for chaos and Batman...but that might be stretching it. He's not greedy enough to be an orange lantern and he hasn't died to be a black one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.