Follow

Joker

Character » Joker appears in 4234 issues.

The Joker, Clown Prince of Crime, is Batman's arch-nemesis. An agent of chaos known for his malicious plots, wacky gadgets and insidious smile, he has caused Batman more suffering than any other villain he has ever faced. His origin, name, and true motivations remain a mystery.

Is Joker afraid of Junior?

Lasiurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lasiurus

I've always been fairly certain that Joker is fearless. I even recall the incident with Scarecrow trying to fear gas him, and Joker laughing it off, and then beating him. I do want to stand by Joker being fearless. That being said I've come across multiple people who claim that Junior (Alex Merkel) is just so sadistic, and depraved, that even Joker terrified of her. Is there any proof of this? Did Joker ever mention being afraid of her? Is there an issue where he starts wetting his pants because of her?

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sufferthorn

@Lasiurus said:

I've always been fairly certain that Joker is fearless. I even recall the incident with Scarecrow trying to fear gas him, and Joker laughing it off, and then beating him. I do want to stand by Joker being fearless. That being said I've come across multiple people who claim that Junior (Alex Merkel) is just so sadistic, and depraved, that even Joker terrified of her. Is there any proof of this? Did Joker ever mention being afraid of her? Is there an issue where he starts wetting his pants because of her?

There is only one thing Joker is afraid of...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

Junior was a one-off character who was spooky but never managed much. And the quote was "guys in Arkham are scared" which doesn't specify, and probably doesn't include, The Joker.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@Joygirl said:

and doesn't include, The Joker.

fixed that for you.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I seriously doubt it. Junior, to me, is just a real joke. Don't get why Deadshot didn't just shoot her in the face.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@JediXMan said:

Don't get why Deadshot didn't just shoot her in the face.

I know right

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlueComet

No

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By nickthedevil

He's afraid kf the Flash. Check out Crisis on Infinite Earth's. he was crapping himself when the after image of Barry appeared before him.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nickthedevil

Of*

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VampireSelektor

@nickthedevil said:

He's afraid kf the Flash. Check out Crisis on Infinite Earth's. he was crapping himself when the after image of Barry appeared before him.

Maybe the sheer power of the Speed Force gave Joker his sanity back for a moment. Barry induced a similar effect in "Final Crisis" when he freed minds from the Anti-Life Equation.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Lasiurus: Whos Jr? A nobody. On shot baddy from the Secret six. There is only one thing that scares Joker.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Oni_Bane

@Onemoreposter said:

@Lasiurus: Whos Jr? A nobody. On shot baddy from the Secret six. There is only one thing that scares Joker.

This does not scare the Joker, he rather enjoys his company actually.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Oni_Bane: Nah. I mean, I suppose it does depend on the writer. Frank Miller's Joker (who I have much love for) probably isn't afraid of the bat. Overall though, there have been more than a few "hints" through the years that Batman does indeed scare the Joker. Emperor Joker and "Joker" by Azzarello you could reference. That's just off the top of my head.

Again, it really all depends on the writer.

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheJokerha

If written true to character and canon, Joker is completely incapable of feeling fear or remorse. It's part of what makes him so dangerous. He will do anything regardless of his own self preservation, much less those around him. and that's also what makes him such a danger and frustration to Batman. Batman depends on criminals being fearful of him. Batman even scares his loved ones and allies out of habit. But Joker keeps on laughing.

Now and then you will get a writer that either forgets that, never understood it, or just ignores it to serve what ever story or scene they want to create. But that's just bad writing, not true to the established characterization. I've always believe character trumps story and plot.You can't have Wolverine suddenly terrified of kittens with out extenuating and temporary circumstances. ( that would be funny as hell for one issue though)

Just a few examples:

Joker does whippets of Scarecrow gas for the buzz. The White Magician used his fear power on Joker and Joker was all "That was great! Again! Do it again!" Raven made the mistake of using her mind powers on him "to make him experience his worst terrors." She broke away from him in terror screaming " My God, he LOVES it!" as Joker lay on the ground laughing hysterically.

So, no, Joker isn't scared of this common place little sociopath Junior, or The Batman for that matter.

TheJokerha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheJokerha

Heh, I suddenly want to see Emma Frost give Wolverine a cat phobia and drop him at a cat show.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

No also @Sufferthorn: Joker isn't afraid of Batman

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sufferthorn

@joshmightbe:

No....but Adam West Batman with a Bomb...(forget the joke)

....Only one who has ever found any spark of humanity in Joker is the Martian Manhunter.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.