Follow

John Stewart

Character » John Stewart appears in 1833 issues.

Formerly an architect, social activist, and U.S. Marine sniper, John Stewart was chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to join the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping organization dedicated to protecting life throughout the universe. Stewart has proven himself time and again to be an exceptional champion in countless missions that have taken him across the cosmos. His distinguished service in the Corps has resulted in a place among the Oan Honor Guard and the position of Corps Leader.

Tyrese Continues to Talk About Green Lantern

• 125 results
    Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By christianrapper

i want michael jai white to play the role. he actually looks like the character.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@christianrapper: And he was Black Dynamite, basically what John Stewart was created to be. =D

No Caption Provided

Oh, DC. =D

daingermouz20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shemar Moore would be an interesting choice. Not someone I would have considered but now that I have. I'd rather they went with him. I think he'd be a great John Stewart.He's in good shape imo probably just as good of an actor as Tyrese. Just as long as Hal Jordan is the GL for JL I can deal with anything.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: And he was Black Dynamite, basically what John Stewart was created to be. =D

No Caption Provided

Oh, DC. =D

John hasn't been like that for awhile...He's a lot more serious in recent years.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idris should portray John Stewart. Tyrese sucks as an actor as he's just one-dimensional, whereas Idris is multi-dimensional & superb at any roles he gets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well he's black so he must be a good John Stewart

Sarcasm

Xargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

remember when Dc actually cared about their characters ? pedigree farm remembers but it was a longass time ago

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:
    @zeeguy91 said:

@sirneko: as I recall he pleaded for Luke Cage the same way he's pleading for Joh Stewart. And he didn't get that role. Why? Cuz Marvel probably thought he was being unprofessional.

Plus, the guy's a mediocre actor at best. He's probably campaigning this hard because he thinks that being cast as a superhero will get him some respect. Either way, you don't see other actors being considered for roles doing this type of thing because they actually have some professionalism.

I said before Professionalism is opinionated, acting out side the set has nothing to do with professionalism for me. So no he is not acting unprofessional.

Also remember you said "And he didn't get that role. Why? Cuz Marvel probably thought he was being unprofessional."

I bolded the part which makes you look like you are just talking out of your ass and don't know jack quack, which you don't.

So yeah, keep being mad jelly of his coin.

Or maybe it's just because they didn't have anything planned for Cage until very recently. That's probably a good reason.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Maybe, my post was meant as "You don't know why he didn't get the role, so don't start speculating".

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idris is a better choice. Tyrese just can't portray a mature man nor could his attitudes carry the mantle of John Stewart's strict & no nonsense characteristics.

Avatar image for catchthesehands
    CatchTheseHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivan_jimenez86: dude what movies have you watched .. Waist deep ,Annapolis, the take..

Man yall don't watch movies ..

That's like saying Chris Evans can't be cap because not another teen movie ..

Avatar image for catchthesehands
    CatchTheseHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91: he didn't plead for Luke cage .. He had the role back in 2008 .. But marvel decided to abandon there pervious projects to go in the directIon of the mcu similar to antman ..,Go look at his bio it says Luke cage actor ...

Honestly I think he has the role .. Similar to the rock with black Adam and vin black bolt ...

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I really hope the Chris pine rumors aren't true. I want mor star trek movies, and that'd be hard to do without Kirk.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrese in this film...i have my doubts...they really need an A list team on this project from actors, production, music, to editing teams...john Stewart needs to be that solid, stern, who earns automatic fatherly respect from the way he carries himself...Denzel, laurence fishburne, etc...have aged some but would have fit the bill at some time...now i don't know...its tough now...but please...no tyrese...unless he recently worked on his craft and has a mean director and writer who will push his acting chops to greatness....which a great director should be capable of...

Avatar image for maximus_newcastle
    Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrese's acting talent leaves much to be desired, but when you look at the rest of the GL lineup so far, you notice a lack of comedic presence and he could provide that.

Though, I can't imagine how Stewart fans would react, mlol.

It does, and he doesn't really have a comedic style, he just tells jokes so whack in Furious movies that him making the jokes is funnier than the joke itself lol I don't think he should be Stewart. If I had my pick I'd go with a few others.

If your looking for comedy with a good strong balance of drama and action I'd go with Jamie Foxx. Think he's proved himself as a dynamic actor.

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind Tyrese, especially if he's so passionate about the role. This kind of attitude shows that he's willing to give 110% to the role. Honestly, I expected someone like Common, Idris Elba, or maybe even Shemar Moore, but if he's excited about it, there aren't many ways that this could go wrong. I hope.

"Hitler, I respect your passion. There's no way this could go wrong with that much determination!" -Some guy in 1927

Just sayin' lol

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
    51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral said:

I wouldn't mind Tyrese, especially if he's so passionate about the role. This kind of attitude shows that he's willing to give 110% to the role. Honestly, I expected someone like Common, Idris Elba, or maybe even Shemar Moore, but if he's excited about it, there aren't many ways that this could go wrong. I hope.

"Hitler, I respect your passion. There's no way this could go wrong with that much determination!" -Some guy in 1927

Just sayin' lol

Your point is kind of moot when you stop to realize that comparing Tyrese Gibson to Hitler is like comparing a jelly doughnut to broccoli.

Maximus_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@51stpresidentofplanetneutral: not at all, the basis is still there. Potential to do something and the desire to don't necessarily mean that the potential route you want to take, should be taken.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really hope the Chris pine rumors aren't true. I want mor star trek movies, and that'd be hard to do without Kirk.

Why cant he do both? Henry Cavill is in Men from Uncle and it isn't stopping him do Superman. Benedict Cumberbatch is Dr Strange and a whole host of other characters, including Sherlock Holmes (new season due end of this year, woop, woop).

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bit sad really

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what? If he's this passionate about it, I hope he gets it. At least he seems to really care.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#123  Edited By terry2012

@mrmazz said:

I like Tyrese but man I don't think he's John Stewart esque

I may not like these actors "self promoting" for a role, and I may not like Tyrese as John Stewart, but I can't deny that that is a freakin awesome GL picture!!!

Probably couldn't afford Common, all thanks to his Academy and Golden Globe award status LOL. Tyrese, I can't see him as John Stewart same goes for Gal as Wonder Woman but no one ever listens to me though :D

@leatherface003: Only the Snyder movies will be as serious as Man of Steel, the other DCCU movies will follow their own tone.

Lord and Miller's Flash movie will not be as serious as Snyder's Man of Steel and it doesn't look like Ayers will be taking that route either with the inclusion of Harley Quinn as a prominent member of the Suicide Squad.

I agree though, I want an angry John Stewart, but Common and Elba are out due to the fact that Common is in Suicide Squad as a villain and Elba is in a non-compete contract with Marvel for Thor Ragnarok.

I would personally prefer Michael J. White for John Stewart.

mynameiswally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space cop buddy movie, I am game!

G-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is that on the left? I hope it's Chris Pine, but that would be kinda of weird to have him play two characters, but what the heck!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needed to have been Will Smith?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.