Follow

John Stewart

Character » John Stewart appears in 1832 issues.

Formerly an architect, social activist, and U.S. Marine sniper, John Stewart was chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to join the Green Lantern Corps, an intergalactic peacekeeping organization dedicated to protecting life throughout the universe. Stewart has proven himself time and again to be an exceptional champion in countless missions that have taken him across the cosmos. His distinguished service in the Corps has resulted in a place among the Oan Honor Guard and the position of Corps Leader.

John Stewart the most powerful GL

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Glabal500

is John Stewart considered the most powerful GL currently..

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz
    Nope. He exceeded the abilities of the ring once...but he is not considered the most powerful of the GL's
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheThe

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                                                 In brightest day

In blackest night

No evil shall escape his  sight

Let those who worship evil’s might

Beware  his power

Green Lantern’s Light !

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Martian

NEVER cared much for John Stewart honestly...

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By velle37
    @Glabal500 said:
    "is John Stewart considered the most powerful GL currently.. "

No...

That would be Mogo....

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd say Sodam Yat.....specially if he gets Ion back.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kallarkz
    @PrinceIMC said:
    I'd say Sodam Yat.....specially if he gets Ion back.
    Sodam Yat although armed with the powers of a Daxamite and and Green Power Ring still wouldn't be considered the most powerful. He is still inexperienced with his Ring. 
    Sam could be said for Mon-El as well. Although he has had much time to be used to his Daxamite abilities than Sodam he still does not have mastery over his ring. 

With all that is happening in the DCU i doubt we will be seeing Sodam Yat after this war. History might be changed completely and he might not even be the last of the GL's or even be a GL in the first place. 
    Only time will tell. 

But going back to John: 
    He has done some incredible things with his rings. He recreated a Solar System and was able to effectively channel the power of the Black Lanterns without it taking control of him. 
    Hal is what is considered to be the top GL at this moment of time but JS is not far behind him.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Osiris1428
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

Aaaand he killed Mogo. He's the most powerful.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osiris1428
    @mr.obvious said:

NEVER cared much for John Stewart honestly...

Then why are you here??
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By velle37
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

Lmao
    nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nefarious

No.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kallarkz
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

He did that while harnessing the power of the Black Lantern Rings because of the Indigo ring he had. 
    Without either I don't think he would have been able to do so. by himself.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By velle37
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

He did that while harnessing the power of the Black Lantern Rings because of the Indigo ring he had. 

GL rings by themselves are able to destroy planets, but I don't see any circumstances that would allow someone to destroy a planet who has high level telepathy and a GL ring of their own. 
    I call PIS.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kallarkz
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

GL rings by themselves are able to destroy planets, but I don't see any circumstances that would allow someone to destroy a planet who has high level telepathy and a GL ring of their own. I call PIS.
    Believe at the moment Mogo was weakened. And with the power of the Indigo Ring and the Black energies of the Black Lanterns that had been stored inside Mogos core it gave him a huge boost.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By velle37
    @Kallarkz said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

GL rings by themselves are able to destroy planets, but I don't see any circumstances that would allow someone to destroy a planet who has high level telepathy and a GL ring of their own. I call PIS.
    Believe at the moment Mogo was weakened. And with the power of the Indigo Ring and the Black energies of the Black Lanterns that had been stored inside Mogos core it gave him a huge boost.

Black Lanterns never really seemed all that powerful. Just immortal unless multiple colors attacked them. BL's rarely even made constructs. I don't even remember any Black lantern constructs other than Ollie's and John's. 
    Regardless of any of this, Mogo is a high level telepath, ancient, and equipped with a GL ring, that should've been a way harder fight.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Billy Batson

No. Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner are more powerful.

BB

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Osiris1428
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

Black Lanterns never really seemed all that powerful. Just immortal unless multiple colors attacked them. BL's rarely even made constructs. I don't even remember any Black lantern constructs other than Ollie's and John's. Regardless of any of this, Mogo is a high level telepath, ancient, and equipped with a GL ring, that should've been a way harder fight.
    Mogo was also busy distributing rings and other things, maybe even fighting the control over him/it. He might have even alowed John to destroy him because at the time he was in pain and suffering. Maybe he knew it was the right thing to do.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By velle37
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Kallarkz said:
    @Osiris1428 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Glabal500 said:

No...

That would be Mogo....

Black Lanterns never really seemed all that powerful. Just immortal unless multiple colors attacked them. BL's rarely even made constructs. I don't even remember any Black lantern constructs other than Ollie's and John's. Regardless of any of this, Mogo is a high level telepath, ancient, and equipped with a GL ring, that should've been a way harder fight.
    Mogo was also busy distributing rings and other things, maybe even fighting the control over him/it. He might have even alowed John to destroy him because at the time he was in pain and suffering. Maybe he knew it was the right thing to do.

It seemed Mogo was helping them out and fighting the control. They went in knowing Mogo was psychic, then John saw a projection of katma telling john to look out behind him. he said he wasn't going to fall for that, then the GLC came blasting in behind him, so it looked like Mogo was helping them. I don't see many GLs beating Mogo in a straight fight. 

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Green Skin

No. Hal Jordan is top dog.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

No Hal is the strongest and Alan Scott is the second strongest ( I know he's powered by the Starheart but when comparing the GL's in terms of power, you can't leave him out)

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Green Skin
    @CrimsonAvenger said:
    No Hal is the strongest and Alan Scott is the second strongest
    ALan Scott doesn't really count.  He's powered by the Starheart, not a GL ring.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Billy Batson
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

Don't Hal and Kyle have better feats? 

BB

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By velle37
    @Billy Batson said:
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

Kyle has the most extravagant feats of any GL because during his time, he was mandated to be depicted with a vivid imagination. (personally I think this is the way GL should be.written). 
    This being said I don't think Kyle would beat John, because I don't see Kyle matching John's will or expertise. Both are artistically gifted, but John has the added element of Marine corp training, and years of experience on Kyle. Despite Ron Marz off-handed attempt at making it seem like Kyle could beat John, a graphic artist bneating a marine/architect with a GL ring makes no sense. I've seen Merc's argument that Kyle's ring has no limits whatsoever and that;'s how he wins, but I have two scans sitting in my Yahoo, right now that will disprove that (possibly 3 scans. One of Ganthet warning Kyle about his limits. A second of Kyle remembering that John told him to be careful of his ring's limits. Can't remember the other one.)   

Hal does not have more impressive feats than John post-crisis (In John and Hal's first fight, John nearly took out Hal with one construct punch, in their second fight John beat Hal), though Hal has pretty much ALL of the feats pre-crisis :P. Hal is the GL poster boy right now, but he does not have more impressive feats than Kyle or John. I've listed a few feats in the John VS Hal thread, but the majority of these things come down to the writer, and their knowledge and understanding of each character. Somehow fans think it makes sense for Professor Zoom or Barry to run around in a circle, creating and air pocket to incapacitate Hal (who is armed with the most powerful weapon in the universe, and automatic shielding) :/. But then at the universal level consider him the greatest GL of all time. No logic is applied to Hal's character. He's the greatest "just cuz." I'm not hearing it. Idiots can stay in la la land believing bull, I'll stick to intelligence and comprehension. Hal has willpower. Kyle has willpower and imagination. John has willpower, intelligence, and imagination (he used to display more creative constructs in his earlier days, now everything is centered on his marine sniper training, similarly Hal used to use boxing gloves, now he usually shoots construct jets [Air force possibly]. The constructs have become more "character conscious" I guess). Also oddly enough, both Kyle and Hal have been owned by Deathstroke (though the Kyle incident makes no sense to me, and I discredit it).

Personally I don't think any human should be considered the greatest, because that makes no sense. There are aliens with interstellar travel capabilites and civilizations billions of years older than human ones. 
    While people on the vine hate on Sodam Yat, he's an engineer (Like Alan Scott, and a step above an Architect), who rebuilt an alien starship from scratch on his home planet. Arisia and the other vets respect Sodam like one of their own, even though he's new, and Sodam used the Ion power to convert Nero's energy into green and burn out Nero's connection to Ion (to which Kyle said "Hell, I couldn't even do that."). Oh yea, and he's a Daxamite :).
    Kreon is characterized as having a mind so fast that his constructs would flicker before you even knew something just happened. 
    Arkillo has gone toe to toe with Mongul (whose physical stats are above Superman's) without a ring. Translating this over to Kilowog taking Arkillo down with ease, plus the fact that Kilowog is a highly intelligent geneticist (and has even genetically cultured plants with his ring during the Rann-Thanagar War, so could most likely do the same to animal life. I do recall Kyle even augmenting himself with powers before as well). 
    Mogo is a planent whose psychic abilities are amplified to resonate through the entire universe and choose those who are fearless and honest (thus he already knows the loves, fears, intwentions, and potential of anyone he is aware of). He is also incredibly old and wise, able to generate completely believable hallucinations, and can exponentially increase his gravitational pull at will, not even mentioning the fact that he has a GL ring. The ideas of a planet > the ideas of a human. 
    Sinestro is a master strategist, Hal is dumb as a doorknob.  

People also use the argument that Hal has the greatest willpower. I have never seen this stated. And even if it was, I'd just judo his willpower back at him (Kyle has done this to Grayven's Omega Beams) You'd better have some intelligence coming into battle, not just will. Sinestro has been shown to have greater willpower than Hal, and greater intelligence. No way Hal can beat him in a straight fight. 
    Using logic most alien species should be superior to humans. And Marines with master degrees in architecture don't lose to graphic artists and test pilots. 
    Using comic logic, reckless test pilot pwns all.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Osiris1428

^^^^^OH YEAH!!!!!

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kallarkz
    @velle37 said:
    @Billy Batson said:
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

Using logic most alien species should be superior to humans. And Marines with master degrees in architecture don't lose to graphic artists and test pilots. Using comic logic, reckless test pilot pwns all.
    Very true. Also like the part that focused on why Hal exactly is the greatest instead of just saying he is. 
    Sodam Yat is one of the most interesting Lanterns and I would think he would be apart of the top as well as Mon-El. 

Nice read sir.
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Osiris1428
    @velle37 said:
    @Billy Batson said:
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

Kyle has the most extravagant feats of any GL because during his time, he was mandated to be depicted with a vivid imagination. (personally I think this is the way GL should be.written). This being said I don't think Kyle would beat John, because I don't see Kyle matching John's will or expertise. Both are artistically gifted, but John has the added element of Marine corp training, and years of experience on Kyle. Despite Ron Marz off-handed attempt at making it seem like Kyle could beat John, a graphic artist bneating a marine/architect with a GL ring makes no sense. I've seen Merc's argument that Kyle's ring has no limits whatsoever and that;'s how he wins, but I have two scans sitting in my Yahoo, right now that will disprove that (possibly 3 scans. One of Ganthet warning Kyle about his limits. A second of Kyle remembering that John told him to be careful of his ring's limits. Can't remember the other one.)    Hal does not have more impressive feats than John post-crisis (In John and Hal's first fight, John nearly took out Hal with one construct punch, in their second fight John beat Hal), though Hal has pretty much ALL of the feats pre-crisis :P. Hal is the GL poster boy right now, but he does not have more impressive feats than Kyle or John. I've listed a few feats in the John VS Hal thread, but the majority of these things come down to the writer, and their knowledge and understanding of each character. Somehow fans think it makes sense for Professor Zoom or Barry to run around in a circle, creating and air pocket to incapacitate Hal (who is armed with the most powerful weapon in the universe, and automatic shielding) :/. But then at the universal level consider him the greatest GL of all time. No logic is applied to Hal's character. He's the greatest "just cuz." I'm not hearing it. Idiots can stay in la la land believing bull, I'll stick to intelligence and comprehension. Hal has willpower. Kyle has willpower and imagination. John has willpower, intelligence, and imagination (he used to display more creative constructs in his earlier days, now everything is centered on his marine sniper training, similarly Hal used to use boxing gloves, now he usually shoots construct jets [Air force possibly]. The constructs have become more "character conscious" I guess). Also oddly enough, both Kyle and Hal have been owned by Deathstroke (though the Kyle incident makes no sense to me, and I discredit it). Personally I don't think any human should be considered the greatest, because that makes no sense. There are aliens with interstellar travel capabilites and civilizations billions of years older than human ones. While people on the vine hate on Sodam Yat, he's an engineer (Like Alan Scott, and a step above an Architect), who rebuilt an alien starship from scratch on his home planet. Arisia and the other vets respect Sodam like one of their own, even though he's new, and Sodam used the Ion power to convert Nero's energy into green and burn out Nero's connection to Ion (to which Kyle said "Hell, I couldn't even do that."). Oh yea, and he's a Daxamite :).Kreon is characterized as having a mind so fast that his constructs would flicker before you even knew something just happened. Arkillo has gone toe to toe with Mongul (whose physical stats are above Superman's) without a ring. Translating this over to Kilowog taking Arkillo down with ease, plus the fact that Kilowog is a highly intelligent geneticist (and has even genetically cultured plants with his ring during the Rann-Thanagar War, so could most likely do the same to animal life. I do recall Kyle even augmenting himself with powers before as well). Mogo is a planent whose psychic abilities are amplified to resonate through the entire universe and choose those who are fearless and honest (thus he already knows the loves, fears, intwentions, and potential of anyone he is aware of). He is also incredibly old and wise, able to generate completely believable hallucinations, and can exponentially increase his gravitational pull at will, not even mentioning the fact that he has a GL ring. The ideas of a planet > the ideas of a human. Sinestro is a master strategist, Hal is dumb as a doorknob.   People also use the argument that Hal has the greatest willpower. I have never seen this stated. And even if it was, I'd just judo his willpower back at him (Kyle has done this to Grayven's Omega Beams) You'd better have some intelligence coming into battle, not just will. Sinestro has been shown to have greater willpower than Hal, and greater intelligence. No way Hal can beat him in a straight fight. Using logic most alien species should be superior to humans. And Marines with master degrees in architecture don't lose to graphic artists and test pilots. Using comic logic, reckless test pilot pwns all.
    Duuuuuudee...lol!!!!!!!
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By joshmightbe

I'd say Sodam Yat is the strongest all the powers of superman plus a GL ring 

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By velle37
    @joshmightbe said:

Also people forget he's an engineer, who has built technology far beyond anything on Earth.....
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kallarkz
    @velle37 said:
    @joshmightbe said:
    Also people forget he's an engineer, who has built technology far beyond anything on Earth.....
    Sodam Yat is a very powerful GL but cannot be considered the most powerful due to his handicap. 
    He is a very talented engineer yes because of the fact that he repaired a space ship. 
    But seeing as how if his ring runs out of energy he would die within minutes it is hard to consider him of the most powerful if he were to confront a top tier character.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By ImperiousRix

He's certainly my favorite. 
    Whether he's most powerful or not would be left up to interpretation and  who is writing who.

mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mark5
    @velle37 said:
    @Billy Batson said:
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

Kyle has the most extravagant feats of any GL because during his time, he was mandated to be depicted with a vivid imagination. (personally I think this is the way GL should be.written). This being said I don't think Kyle would beat John, because I don't see Kyle matching John's will or expertise. Both are artistically gifted, but John has the added element of Marine corp training, and years of experience on Kyle. Despite Ron Marz off-handed attempt at making it seem like Kyle could beat John, a graphic artist bneating a marine/architect with a GL ring makes no sense. I've seen Merc's argument that Kyle's ring has no limits whatsoever and that;'s how he wins, but I have two scans sitting in my Yahoo, right now that will disprove that (possibly 3 scans. One of Ganthet warning Kyle about his limits. A second of Kyle remembering that John told him to be careful of his ring's limits. Can't remember the other one.)    Hal does not have more impressive feats than John post-crisis (In John and Hal's first fight, John nearly took out Hal with one construct punch, in their second fight John beat Hal), though Hal has pretty much ALL of the feats pre-crisis :P. Hal is the GL poster boy right now, but he does not have more impressive feats than Kyle or John. I've listed a few feats in the John VS Hal thread, but the majority of these things come down to the writer, and their knowledge and understanding of each character. Somehow fans think it makes sense for Professor Zoom or Barry to run around in a circle, creating and air pocket to incapacitate Hal (who is armed with the most powerful weapon in the universe, and automatic shielding) :/. But then at the universal level consider him the greatest GL of all time. No logic is applied to Hal's character. He's the greatest "just cuz." I'm not hearing it. Idiots can stay in la la land believing bull, I'll stick to intelligence and comprehension. Hal has willpower. Kyle has willpower and imagination. John has willpower, intelligence, and imagination (he used to display more creative constructs in his earlier days, now everything is centered on his marine sniper training, similarly Hal used to use boxing gloves, now he usually shoots construct jets [Air force possibly]. The constructs have become more "character conscious" I guess). Also oddly enough, both Kyle and Hal have been owned by Deathstroke (though the Kyle incident makes no sense to me, and I discredit it). Personally I don't think any human should be considered the greatest, because that makes no sense. There are aliens with interstellar travel capabilites and civilizations billions of years older than human ones. While people on the vine hate on Sodam Yat, he's an engineer (Like Alan Scott, and a step above an Architect), who rebuilt an alien starship from scratch on his home planet. Arisia and the other vets respect Sodam like one of their own, even though he's new, and Sodam used the Ion power to convert Nero's energy into green and burn out Nero's connection to Ion (to which Kyle said "Hell, I couldn't even do that."). Oh yea, and he's a Daxamite :).Kreon is characterized as having a mind so fast that his constructs would flicker before you even knew something just happened. Arkillo has gone toe to toe with Mongul (whose physical stats are above Superman's) without a ring. Translating this over to Kilowog taking Arkillo down with ease, plus the fact that Kilowog is a highly intelligent geneticist (and has even genetically cultured plants with his ring during the Rann-Thanagar War, so could most likely do the same to animal life. I do recall Kyle even augmenting himself with powers before as well). Mogo is a planent whose psychic abilities are amplified to resonate through the entire universe and choose those who are fearless and honest (thus he already knows the loves, fears, intwentions, and potential of anyone he is aware of). He is also incredibly old and wise, able to generate completely believable hallucinations, and can exponentially increase his gravitational pull at will, not even mentioning the fact that he has a GL ring. The ideas of a planet > the ideas of a human. Sinestro is a master strategist, Hal is dumb as a doorknob.   People also use the argument that Hal has the greatest willpower. I have never seen this stated. And even if it was, I'd just judo his willpower back at him (Kyle has done this to Grayven's Omega Beams) You'd better have some intelligence coming into battle, not just will. Sinestro has been shown to have greater willpower than Hal, and greater intelligence. No way Hal can beat him in a straight fight. Using logic most alien species should be superior to humans. And Marines with master degrees in architecture don't lose to graphic artists and test pilots. Using comic logic, reckless test pilot pwns all.
    did you seriously type all of that? Jeez...
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By velle37
    @mark5 said:
    @velle37 said:
    @Billy Batson said:
    @velle37 said:

@Billy Batson
    said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

did you seriously type all of that? Jeez...

No I didn't type it.... 
    It just appeared there :P..... 

@Kallarkz said:
    @velle37 said:
    @joshmightbe said:
    Sodam Yat is a very powerful GL but cannot be considered the most powerful due to his handicap. He is a very talented engineer yes because of the fact that he repaired a space ship. But seeing as how if his ring runs out of energy he would die within minutes it is hard to consider him of the most powerful if he were to confront a top tier character.

It was a starship that can go to and fro between galaxies, most humans wouldn't even be able to comprehend this kind of technology..
    He is powerful, and is given the weakness that if he removes his ring he will die in minutes. Also that he can't fully tap the Ion power with his ring, yet another handicap... 
    So someone far less powerful than him could exploit this weakness, unless he could outsmart them........ 
    It depends on the writer..........
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Video_Martian
    @Osiris1428
    B/C im a fan of green lantern & everyone's entitled to their own opinion :)
    isgavin_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we were talking about Lanterns with just base traits I'd say he is. But with all the buffs the other lanterns get, he wouldn't even be in the conversation. I mean Kyle and Sodam get the Ion, Hal gets Parrallax, and Alan gets Starheart. Hell, even Simon gets the powers of two rings combined. They did John Stewart so wrong, and they know it. The GL's are racist, don't believe me ask me and I'll give you five reasons.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#35  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@isgavin_5: wasn't John a guardian once? That seems like a pretty big buff

isgavin_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@isgavin_5: I suppose not,but it ain't exactly shabby. And when you consider the circumstances surrounding Hal becoming (pre or post rebirth)Parallax, would you really want that for John?

isgavin_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@isgavin_5: Yeah, John's guardianship seems totally retconned out of existence.

isgavin_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By isgavin_5
    STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velle37 said:

@Billy Batson said:

@velle37 said:
    @Billy Batson said:

BB

I disagree.

BB

Kyle has the most extravagant feats of any GL because during his time, he was mandated to be depicted with a vivid imagination. (personally I think this is the way GL should be.written).

This being said I don't think Kyle would beat John, because I don't see Kyle matching John's will or expertise. Both are artistically gifted, but John has the added element of Marine corp training, and years of experience on Kyle. Despite Ron Marz off-handed attempt at making it seem like Kyle could beat John, a graphic artist bneating a marine/architect with a GL ring makes no sense. I've seen Merc's argument that Kyle's ring has no limits whatsoever and that;'s how he wins, but I have two scans sitting in my Yahoo, right now that will disprove that (possibly 3 scans. One of Ganthet warning Kyle about his limits. A second of Kyle remembering that John told him to be careful of his ring's limits. Can't remember the other one.)

Hal does not have more impressive feats than John post-crisis (In John and Hal's first fight, John nearly took out Hal with one construct punch, in their second fight John beat Hal), though Hal has pretty much ALL of the feats pre-crisis :P. Hal is the GL poster boy right now, but he does not have more impressive feats than Kyle or John. I've listed a few feats in the John VS Hal thread, but the majority of these things come down to the writer, and their knowledge and understanding of each character. Somehow fans think it makes sense for Professor Zoom or Barry to run around in a circle, creating and air pocket to incapacitate Hal (who is armed with the most powerful weapon in the universe, and automatic shielding) :/. But then at the universal level consider him the greatest GL of all time. No logic is applied to Hal's character. He's the greatest "just cuz." I'm not hearing it. Idiots can stay in la la land believing bull, I'll stick to intelligence and comprehension. Hal has willpower. Kyle has willpower and imagination. John has willpower, intelligence, and imagination (he used to display more creative constructs in his earlier days, now everything is centered on his marine sniper training, similarly Hal used to use boxing gloves, now he usually shoots construct jets [Air force possibly]. The constructs have become more "character conscious" I guess). Also oddly enough, both Kyle and Hal have been owned by Deathstroke (though the Kyle incident makes no sense to me, and I discredit it).

Personally I don't think any human should be considered the greatest, because that makes no sense. There are aliens with interstellar travel capabilites and civilizations billions of years older than human ones.

While people on the vine hate on Sodam Yat, he's an engineer (Like Alan Scott, and a step above an Architect), who rebuilt an alien starship from scratch on his home planet. Arisia and the other vets respect Sodam like one of their own, even though he's new, and Sodam used the Ion power to convert Nero's energy into green and burn out Nero's connection to Ion (to which Kyle said "Hell, I couldn't even do that."). Oh yea, and he's a Daxamite :).

Kreon is characterized as having a mind so fast that his constructs would flicker before you even knew something just happened.

Arkillo has gone toe to toe with Mongul (whose physical stats are above Superman's) without a ring. Translating this over to Kilowog taking Arkillo down with ease, plus the fact that Kilowog is a highly intelligent geneticist (and has even genetically cultured plants with his ring during the Rann-Thanagar War, so could most likely do the same to animal life. I do recall Kyle even augmenting himself with powers before as well).

Mogo is a planent whose psychic abilities are amplified to resonate through the entire universe and choose those who are fearless and honest (thus he already knows the loves, fears, intwentions, and potential of anyone he is aware of). He is also incredibly old and wise, able to generate completely believable hallucinations, and can exponentially increase his gravitational pull at will, not even mentioning the fact that he has a GL ring. The ideas of a planet > the ideas of a human.

Sinestro is a master strategist, Hal is dumb as a doorknob.

People also use the argument that Hal has the greatest willpower. I have never seen this stated. And even if it was, I'd just judo his willpower back at him (Kyle has done this to Grayven's Omega Beams) You'd better have some intelligence coming into battle, not just will. Sinestro has been shown to have greater willpower than Hal, and greater intelligence. No way Hal can beat him in a straight fight.

Using logic most alien species should be superior to humans. And Marines with master degrees in architecture don't lose to graphic artists and test pilots.

Using comic logic, reckless test pilot pwns all.

Good stiff, the best GL, na the best human GL possibly

myround0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: First off Hal Jordan isn't. People confuse greatness with power, and the facts are John is the only Lantern who's eyes glow, his ring was given to him by the Guardians, and he is not affected by yellow. Plus the only Green Lantern who's will exceeded the limits of the limitless ring. Taht should tell you all you need to know. But you mention Kyle, in fact Kyle would be the weakest of the four Earth Green Lanterns at least in combat. Yes, he can make some colorful objects because his mind is that of an artist, but you need sturdy objects in battle and no one is more tested in combat than a Marine, next would be Hal as an Air Force Pilot, then the Police officer Guy Gardner, Last on the list of Earthling would be Kyle. Now Because of Guy's arrogance there are times Kyle gets the better of him. But pure power raw strength, and combative matches, John is more powerful than any Lantern, and if you remove Kilowog, and Hal he might be more powerful than any two Green Lanterns. But Kyle is not in the top two...Since a person's backgrouund also adds to the rings ability.

myround0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billy_batson: The wearer's background helps to share the ring uniquely to the wearer. Kyle is an Artist, ARTIST AREN'T THAT HANDY IN A COMBAT ZONE, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE MARINES. John Stewart, Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, and Kyle Rayner. Kyle beats Guy more often than not, because Guy gets to arrogant...But on pure power Guy is more powerful and battle ready. Kyle is and should be the weakest or least powerful of Earth's Green Lanterns. Kyle gift is as an Artist his mind is always evolving, which makes him the ideal fit for the multi-emotion ring. But as Green Lanterns go and Green being the most balanced of all the colors, making green the most powerful, John is that and it isn't even close. That said Hal retains the mantle of the Greatest due to his ability to always test the ring, that testing is shaped by him being a test pilot. Hal always shares his knowledge with all of his fellow Lanterns and especially John Stewart...Kyle is not near the most powerful of the Green Lanterns and of Earths Lanterns he is the least powerful...His mind is why he wears the multi-emotional ring...

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He is a close second to Hal. Hal Jordan has been considered the most powerful, in terms of humans bearing the Ring.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.