Constantine 2 (2012) - The world really is going to end next year

Avatar image for silkcuts
Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Constantine 2 (
2012 )

Online sources such as IMDb have a Constant(een) #2 for 2012.  Why is DC trying to ruin my favorite character by trying to franchise him?
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Hopefully it wont have Keanu Reeves in it and will be set in the UK.
Avatar image for silkcuts
#2 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:   Keanu can't act but he brings in female fans :(
So its safe to say it will be American John again.

To do the proper John it would have to be rebooted and not called Constantine 2
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: True, but that's just the working title. Amazing Spider-Man was still working under "Spider-Man 4" before it had a title. High School Musical was called Grease 3.
Avatar image for silkcuts
#4 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Your actually giving me hope.
Since the entry has no cast yet anything is possible.

I wonder if WB will put their fingers in the pot and get Neil Patrick Harris as John and make it a musical
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Yikes don't even joke.

I actually think they'll want to do it better this time, with the exception of Jonah Hex (which was just a rush job), both Marvel and DC are taking their comic properties far more seriously. When they brought out the first Constantine, it was more like they just wanted people to know that not all comics were superhero-oriented.

There's a good chance they'll fix it. Even if it's set in the US, I think it will probably be a British Constantine working in the US for that particular "mission".
Avatar image for silkcuts
#6 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  I hope they fix it as well.
But American Constantine was acknowledged by British John in a throw away line in the comics, can't remember were, but John does know of other versions of himself.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Yeah, I read about that. Still hoping for a true Brit John though. Not sure who I'd have playing him though.
Avatar image for silkcuts
#8 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Hoping its proper as well
Avatar image for caligula
#10 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't think the first one was so bad. As a matter of fact I rather enjoyed it.

and I like Keanu

Avatar image for caligula
#12 Posted by Caligula (12660 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula: but it wasn't Hellblazer, that at least has to be admitted, I like the movie for what it is...but not as any sort of homage or interpretation of Hellblazer/Constantine "
I agree. But to call it a bad film is a misnomer. It was a pretty good movie, inaccurate as it was.
Avatar image for irishx
#14 Posted by IrishX (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
"
Constantine 2 (
2012 ) Online sources such as IMDb have a Constant(een) #2 for 2012.  Why is DC trying to ruin my favorite character by trying to franchise him? "


I've noticed that you are pretty adamant about the pronunciation of Constantine's name. I believe you've said before it's suppose to be Constan (tin) or (tyne). Why is it pronounced that way in the comic?  

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#15 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because it has imdb page means nothing. Cloak and Dagger had a page back in the early 00s. 

Avatar image for joshmightbe
#16 Posted by joshmightbe (27423 posts) - - Show Bio

The term in development could mean many things, technically Spiderman was in development for like 25 years before the movie was actually made

Avatar image for silkcuts
#17 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" @Silkcuts said:
"
Constantine 2 (
2012 ) Online sources such as IMDb have a Constant(een) #2 for 2012.  Why is DC trying to ruin my favorite character by trying to franchise him? "


I've noticed that you are pretty adamant about the pronunciation of Constantine's name. I believe you've said before it's suppose to be Constan (tin) or (tyne). Why is it pronounced that way in the comic?  

"
That is the way Alan Moore intended.  John states it with the Rhyme in the pages of Swamp Thing.  Apparently it is the way the British pronounce it, I have literally heard Moore, Delano and Diggle say it with the rhyme.
Avatar image for silkcuts
#18 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula: but it wasn't Hellblazer, that at least has to be admitted, I like the movie for what it is...but not as any sort of homage or interpretation of Hellblazer/Constantine "
I agree. But to call it a bad film is a misnomer. It was a pretty good movie, inaccurate as it was. "
true. but we don't need more of the same misrepresenation, do we? especially now that Milligan is writing his epic Hellblazer run "
I stated in the past that I think the American John was to get a movie out before Steve Niles could get a Criminal Macabre movie made.

Since John's profile has drastically increased I think proper John is the way DC will do it now
Avatar image for jonesdeini
#19 Posted by JonesDeini (3873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula: but it wasn't Hellblazer, that at least has to be admitted, I like the movie for what it is...but not as any sort of homage or interpretation of Hellblazer/Constantine "
I agree. But to call it a bad film is a misnomer. It was a pretty good movie, inaccurate as it was. "
true. but we don't need more of the same misrepresenation, do we? especially now that Milligan is writing his epic Hellblazer run "
I stated in the past that I think the American John was to get a movie out before Steve Niles could get a Criminal Macabre movie made.Since John's profile has drastically increased I think proper John is the way DC will do it now "
Let us pray this is so. You really could make a great Constantine film if they put their mind to. Hell if you can redeem Batman, anything's possible. 
Avatar image for silkcuts
#20 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: I am setting my hopes low so there is a better chance to surpass it.
Avatar image for jonesdeini
#21 Posted by JonesDeini (3873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: 
Lol don't we all when it comes to the films?
Avatar image for irishx
#22 Posted by IrishX (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: 
Thanks.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  I hope they fix it as well.But American Constantine was acknowledged by British John in a throw away line in the comics, can't remember were, but John does know of other versions of himself. "
Dosnt he say something about another him with black hair thats american and they pronounce his name wrong?
Online
Avatar image for silkcuts
#25 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Silkcuts said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula said:
" @aztek the lost said:
" @Caligula: but it wasn't Hellblazer, that at least has to be admitted, I like the movie for what it is...but not as any sort of homage or interpretation of Hellblazer/Constantine "
I agree. But to call it a bad film is a misnomer. It was a pretty good movie, inaccurate as it was. "
true. but we don't need more of the same misrepresenation, do we? especially now that Milligan is writing his epic Hellblazer run "
I stated in the past that I think the American John was to get a movie out before Steve Niles could get a Criminal Macabre movie made.Since John's profile has drastically increased I think proper John is the way DC will do it now "
if they do a movie on the real John, do you have any particular arc or run you hope it's inspired by? "
I was actually talking to a few HB fans at TCAF, I was getting sketches in my John book so I met a lot, The Azz run is very underrated.  I would love to see Hard Times.  Till this date, when John gets the Muslims to turn their back on God is one of my all time favorite Cons.
Avatar image for silkcuts
#26 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
" @Silkcuts said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:  I hope they fix it as well.But American Constantine was acknowledged by British John in a throw away line in the comics, can't remember were, but John does know of other versions of himself. "
Dosnt he say something about another him with black hair thats american and they pronounce his name wrong? "
Comic John has acknowledged the existence of American John somewhere in the comics yes, but American John has nothing on the real John.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
#28 Posted by turoksonofstone (14671 posts) - - Show Bio

going to go out on a limb and expect a reboot, and a turn toward the source material.

Avatar image for silkcuts
#29 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" @Silkcuts: Hard Time, eh? not the pick I expected...kind of seems like one of the worst possible (good) stories that could be used for a movie but not really introduce new people to a typical Hellblazer story...I'm sure most people would just see it as some prison movie

I'd like an All His Engines movie, that's the only Carey story I can think of that wouldn't need to be multiple movies

Dangerous Habits they already attempted so we can't have that...if an American story was preferred I'd like Good Intentions or Freezes Over as they are more self-contained, especially Freezes Over...Dark Entries would be cool
"
I think that is the charm to hard times, John works behind the scenes.  Good intentions would do well with the Torture porn angle.  Freezes over as well because it involves a serial killer.

All his Engines was kind of a tie-in to the 2005 movie as well.... so I don't know about that one.

Dark Entries would make an interesting movie and Rankin has a big following.

Family man could work as well, since they like to give John a gun any way...lol

Diggle's joy ride maybe, since VErtigo tried turning The Losers into a movie.

With vampires being in and Ennis being the writer most people think of The King of Vampires story would be cool.  May be the royal blood jack the ripper arc.
Avatar image for feliciano2040
#31 Posted by Feliciano2040 (665 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
if they do need to appeal to American audiences, why not use Azzarello's run as inspiration or something?

The right choice was to use "Dangerous Habits", the wrong choice was to change EVERY SINGLE THING that made it a good story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.