Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

x-men: hint of a jean grey return

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Return of Jean Grey or Just Another Tease?

I normally don't blog when Marvel gives fans their weekly enema of teasers.But this is one teaser that's hit comic fans like rocket powered dildo up the ass. It's triggered confusion, dread, elation, relief, indifference, and drinking. Okay, that last one can really be caused by anything, but you get the idea. This time shit is serious. Marvel finally appears to have done it. They've dropped the J-bomb. By that I mean Jean Grey. Once again, they're teasing her return courtesy of an article in Entertainment Weekly of all places.

Comic Con: Jean Grey Returning? EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW

It doesn't appear to be photoshopped or hacked from Joe Quesada's Iphone. The story was also picked up by CBR, Newsarama, and Bleeding Cool. The conspiracy theory in me wants to say they're in on the ruse along with the Illuminati, but this clearly cropped picture is the first time Marvel has been this overt about Jean Grey. The exact text of the article is equally compelling.

This week, Entertainment Weekly‘s Comic-Con issue will prepare you for the geek event of the year with an in-depth look at a whole host of movies and TV shows. But what’s Comic-Con without comic books? €™s why EW is excited to reveal an exclusive first look at an upcoming initiative by Marvel Comics that will build off the current Avengers vs. X-Men crossover and radically alter the Marvel Universe as you know it. For now, we just want to tease you with a first look at an exclusive piece of art by Marvel CEO Joe Quesada.

To answer your questions: Yes, this is Jean Grey — as in, the Jean Grey who’s been absent from Marvel Comics ever since dying for a second time back in the mid-’00s. And yes, she is modeling her vintage blue-and-yellow X-Men outfit from her Marvel Girl days. Does this mean that the fan-favorite character is finally returning? We can only confirm that her presence in the Marvel Universe will not be imaginary. This will not be part of the Ultimate line-up. She will not be a zombie hologram, likeShard on X-Factor. What could this all mean? Check back tomorrow, when all the secrets will be revealed. (Or some of them, anyhow.)

Could they finally have sobered up? Does this mean I'll have to find something else to rant about on this blog? Comic Con is in two weeks and I'll probably be passed out in a brothel in Tijuana for most of the time, but this may be were fans get their first insight into the post Avengers vs. X-men world. Marvel has a history of hyping up the aftermath of an event almost as much as the event itself. It usually all boils down to the tagline, "Everything will change." Everything changes with each issue in a comic book series, but there's change and then there's smashingly huge change. This may be the latter.

This week, Entertainment Weekly‘s Comic-Con issue will prepare you for the geek event of the year with an in-depth look at a whole host of movies and TV shows. But what’s Comic-Con without comic books? (Nothing but “-Con.” Look at that lonely hyphen!) That’s why EW is excited to reveal an exclusive first look at an upcoming initiative by Marvel Comics that will build off the current Avengers vs. X-Men crossover and radically alter the Marvel Universe as you know it. For now, we just want to tease you with a first look at an exclusive piece of art by Marvel CEO Joe Quesada.

To answer your questions: Yes, this is Jean Grey — as in, the Jean Grey who’s been absent from Marvel Comics ever since dying for a second time back in the mid-’00s. And yes, she is modeling her vintage blue-and-yellow X-Men outfit from her Marvel Girl days. Does this mean that the fan-favorite character is finally returning? We can only confirm that her presence in the Marvel Universe will not be imaginary. This will not be part of the Ultimate line-up. She will not be a zombie hologram, like Shard on X-Factor. What could this all mean? Check back tomorrow, when all the secrets will be revealed. (Or some of them, anyhow.)

WHAT DO YOU THINK???

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hareil0079

She'll be back but it's an alternate reality Jean Grey

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hareil0079 said:

maybe its AoA jean but i dont like her

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hareil0079

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@Hareil0079 said:

maybe its AoA jean but i dont like her

AoA jean is depowered, this ver of jean is powered and comes from a reality where you Have Sam Fury head of SHeild cable with an eye patch and still with the techno virus, and rocket racoon is on the team as well with the hulk.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MenaceForever2

AVX is just a plot device to bring Jean back again

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@menaceforever said:

agreed...i say no more events....lol

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tahmidk

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@menaceforever said:

agreed...i say no more events....lol

but i like avx.... besides jean already came back as moon dust in issue 6 remember?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.