Will Emma be push a side, so Jean Grey can shine in comics

Avatar image for time1
#1 Posted by time1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

So will Emma been treated badly, so Jean Grey get the respect she deserves and should Emma be treated badly now that Jean grey back.
share your views.

Avatar image for ageofhurricane
#2 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7697 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma's already being treated badly, denied a position with the honorary Uncanny X-Women in favor of being written by Bendis i.e Scott's side-chick, for the rest of her Bob days.

I do really feel it for her, the rest of her fellow X-Ladies are moving up, while she's experiencing the downside of half decade's worth of over-exposure.

Lololol. Sorry.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#3 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (5789 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know how to feel really, scott and emma are broken up it would be good to have the adult jean back to be with scott

but now im thinking maybe jean should be with wolverine because he always treated her fair and forgave her for her mistakes and knew she wasnt perfect and that ok too.....people make mistakes.....isnt that's why scott turned to emma in the first place, because scott felt like he could say or do noting wrong, it felt like he was flying???

anyways, im excited about the 50th anniversary of x-men. is that why marvel brought in the o5 for a gimmick money making ploy?????

but i hope hope summers isnt really jean grey that would be confusing

Avatar image for time1
#4 Edited by time1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

Over the years Emma got the nod over Jean and she benefited from her absence,  so I think Jean deserve more respect than Emma. @AgeofHurricane: Jean not In that title anyway,  Rachel is.

Avatar image for brucecapell
#5 Posted by brucecapell (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is in Uncanny. I wouldn't call that pushed a side.

Avatar image for time1
#6 Posted by time1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio
@brucecapell said:

Emma is in Uncanny. I wouldn't call that pushed a side.

she might be push aside by scott, like she has been.
Avatar image for x_29
#7 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix your grammar.

Avatar image for snyderman567
#8 Posted by snyderman567 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: but now im thinking maybe jean should be with wolverine because he always treated her fair and forgave her for her mistakes and knew she wasnt perfect and that ok too

No she should not. If you are especially referring to young Jean Grey and current Wolvie getting together, than you are one sick fan.

people make mistakes.....isnt that's why scott turned to emma in the first place, because scott felt like he could say or do noting wrong, it felt like he was flying???

NO!

but i hope hope summers isnt really jean grey that would be confusing

SHE'S NOT!!!!

Avatar image for crimsonlord53
#9 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

No both woman deserve to be writing well and treated with respect the fact that jean/phoenix is a hot potato is the editors fault not emma,s.

Keep logan away from jean please. do not fall into that old love triangle bull it well just cheapen jean,s return.

Avatar image for madame_mist
#10 Posted by Madame_Mist (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma is forever relegated to Scott's side. It's been established that she has a massive soft spot for him no matter what and no matter what the cost.

I say she should hook up with Namor and they can be fabulous b*tches together.

Avatar image for tdk_1997
#11 Posted by TDK_1997 (17068 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not.

Avatar image for queenfrost_
#12 Posted by queenfrost_ (2613 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Emma's already being treated badly, denied a position with the honorary Uncanny X-Women in favor of being written by Bendis i.e Scott's side-chick, for the rest of her Bob days.

I do really feel it for her, the rest of her fellow X-Ladies are moving up, while she's experiencing the downside of half decade's worth of over-exposure.

Lololol. Sorry.

Agreed on everything

Avatar image for homosexuality
#13 Posted by homosexuality (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I wander if Emma diamond form got an upgrade that she don't know about I think the phoenix 5 all got upgrades that they don't know about how cool would it be if she she blast people with diamonds then sell those diamonds an become richer.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
#14 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucecapell said:

Emma is in Uncanny. I wouldn't call that pushed a side.

Is it just me that feels like Uncanny is going to be the least interesting of the X-men titles going forward for a little while? Maybe second to only Wolverine and the X-men if it doesn't get better.

Avatar image for snyderman567
#15 Posted by snyderman567 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

So will Emma been treated badly, so Jean Grey get the respect she deserves and should Emma be treated badly now that Jean grey back. share your views.

Quit your anit-Emma pro-Jean bulls!@t

Avatar image for time1
#16 Edited by time1 (6194 posts) - - Show Bio

@snyderman567 said:

@time said:

So will Emma been treated badly, so Jean Grey get the respect she deserves and should Emma be treated badly now that Jean grey back. share your views.

Quit your anit-Emma pro-Jean bulls!@t

Quit your hate threads for Jean Grey. If you don't like her, then don't go on her forum.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
#17 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (5609 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Emma will be treated just fine. She has proved herself to be just as important as a character.

Avatar image for darkxseraph
#18 Posted by DarkxSeraph (681 posts) - - Show Bio

"Quit your hate threads for Jean Grey. If you don't like her, then don't go on her forum."

He just likes spreading hate in general. *chuckles*

Honestly, back on topic-- I think that Emma shouldn't be treated any better or worse. Make both characters their own women without worrying about who they should shack up with, etc. Let them grow.

And dear god, do NOT pair young Jean with Quinten.

Avatar image for madame_mist
#19 Posted by Madame_Mist (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

"Quit your hate threads for Jean Grey. If you don't like her, then don't go on her forum." He just likes spreading hate in general. *chuckles* Honestly, back on topic-- I think that Emma shouldn't be treated any better or worse. Make both characters their own women without worrying about who they should shack up with, etc. Let them grow. And dear god, do NOT pair young Jean with Quinten.

I like you.

Avatar image for darkxseraph
#20 Posted by DarkxSeraph (681 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you kindly.

Avatar image for chasereis
#21 Posted by chasereis (803 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkxSeraph said:

"And dear god, do NOT pair young Jean with Quinten."

Yes please. Do not cross that particular threshold into utter comic dom hades, please. That is all I need to see Scott vs Quinten flame wars. At that point its time to sell the "X" collection.

Avatar image for nappystr8
#22 Posted by nappystr8 (1497 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think Emma should get with Iceman...mainly for the pun sure, but I think they'd also have an interesting chemistry.

Avatar image for snyderman567
#23 Posted by snyderman567 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@snyderman567 said:

@time said:

So will Emma been treated badly, so Jean Grey get the respect she deserves and should Emma be treated badly now that Jean grey back. share your views.

Quit your anit-Emma pro-Jean bulls!@t

Quit your hate threads for Jean Grey. If you don't like her, then don't go on her forum.

Thats hypocritical seeing as how you dislike Emma and yet still go to her forum and post anti-cwap about her and Scott. @DarkxSeraph said:

" He just likes spreading hate in general. *chuckles*

"And i do it all for free, your tears are all the pay I will ever need" - Volitare

Now on a more serious note, that way of logic does not really make sense. How does Emma being treated poorly equal to a better characterization of current Jean Grey?

Avatar image for darkxseraph
#24 Posted by DarkxSeraph (681 posts) - - Show Bio

@snyderman567 said:

" He just likes spreading hate in general. *chuckles*

"And i do it all for free, your tears are all the pay I will ever need" - Volitare

Now on a more serious note, that way of logic does not really make sense. How does Emma being treated poorly equal to a better characterization of current Jean Grey?

I don't think Emma should be portrayed any worse at all. two separate characters. They should both be given their due.

It's so easy when you're evil.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.