Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Who Wants Her To Come Back In Second Coming?

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By riri4life

I really want her to come back, but most of the comments I see on CV are not in favor of it. I really wish everything would be more like it was in the 90s (including the main line-up). Jean should come back, woop Emma's a$$/kill her, get with Wolverine (and rub it in Scott's face), and make Storm the leader (or they could be co-headmistresses of the school...girl power)!. lol Seriously though, they should stop killing her off soo much! She's one of the originals and deserves much more respect!  
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

I am ok with Jean back, just don't make Hope a reincarnated Jean.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By riri4life

Totally agree! Don't really care for Hope.
    mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mighty dude

Yeah I would love to see jean in action agian. But  DEFINATLY NOT  "get with " Wolverine. haha
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By riri4life
    @mighty dude said:
    "Yeah I would love to see jean in action agian. But  DEFINATLY NOT  "get with " Wolverine. haha "

You don't have to "watch them". lol I liked Jean and Logan together! They were just "caught in a Bad Romance"...lol  
    RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RavenDark

If Emma gets killed...sure ; )

pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pinchpaker29

I was introduced to comics in the 90s and i like Jean Grey. She is really hot! I just dont like her for Wolverine, he already has had enough @$$ in his credit. I hope she comes back.

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mighty dude
    @riri4life said:
    "@mighty dude said:
    "Yeah I would love to see jean in action agian. But  DEFINATLY NOT  "get with " Wolverine. haha "
    You don't have to "watch them". lol I liked Jean and Logan together! They were just "caught in a Bad Romance"...lol   "

Hahaha no, I know. I just have never liked Wolverine. Jean is kinda above him in a way. I know they have always had a thing, but I can't see her with him. I think she should find someone new completely. Her and scott are definatly over.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By riri4life
    @RavenDark said:
    "If Emma gets killed...sure ; )"

YAAAYY!!! Now everybody say it 1, 2, 3, "DEATH TO EMMA AND HER SLUTTY ASS!" Jean need to put that bitch in the ground for good! (I'm not bitter) lol
    Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Ebbm

I want Jean to come back but if somehow she got back with Cyclops I'd be pissed. I don't want Emma to die either.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I love Emma, so i wouldn't want to see her killed, but i would also really want to see Jean come back lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Nope. It'd hurt too much to have to watch her die again. 

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LT1085
    zabdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zabdi

I like Emma, although it seems to be a minority view. 
    I dont hate Jean, I just think she dies and comes back too much, it had gotten to be a bit of joke

Ransack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ransack

I'd rather have Havok, Rachel, and Lorna come back.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Green Skin

It looks waaaaaaay too likely that Hope is Jean reincarnated.  After all the arc is called "Second coming"  who do you think they are referring too?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By agent9149

only if she gets with logan♥♥ and leaves scott...i hate jeanXscott with a passion

zabdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zabdi
      @Green Skin said:
    " It looks waaaaaaay too likely that Hope is Jean reincarnated.  After all the arc is called "Second coming"  who do you think they are referring too? "
    Second Coming of the messiah, for some Christians its doomsday/end of time/ragnarok/yes I forgot the word, anyway wouldn't it be 3rd or 4th coming for Jean
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Green Skin
    @zabdi said:
    "   @Green Skin said:
    " It looks waaaaaaay too likely that Hope is Jean reincarnated.  After all the arc is called "Second coming"  who do you think they are referring too? "
    Second Coming of the messiah, for some Christians its doomsday/end of time/ragnarok/yes I forgot the word, anyway wouldn't it be 3rd or 4th coming for Jean "
    Not if it's Jean being reincarnated.  I highly doubt it has anything to do with Christians, so they are probably talking about Jean.  If there was ever a mutant messiah, you know Jean is going to be involved somehow
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By riri4life

What exactly is Emma's appeal (other than visually...not to me!). To me, she has always seemed shady, manipulative, selfish, bitchy, and well... a  WHORE! lol If/when Jean does come back, we can't have two alpha-females! Its time for Emma to go! Besides, she ain't really doin anything in Second Coming anyway other than posing.   
    PhoenixEssence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PhoenixEssence

OK ! l My point  

First : Given under the circumstance that she's now WPOTC  , I would love to see that comic's folks start treating her as a Multiversal Force like she deserves . What's that supposed to mean ? Means she's way too classy to come back now just getting involved with an unstable simp like Scott or his slutty , flirty wife Emma Frost or a firece , blood thirst Wolverine ! If she ever comes back , It at least should be a big Evolution , or an Epic " Burn away what doesn;t work " event . and ( if possible ) anhilates some useless greedy judgy , cold -blood , self- centered  like Galactus- the most greedy , evil , annoyed entity ever  ( and don't tell me she isn;t capable of sending the Galactus sorry hungry ass  to Oblivion because she's totally capable of ) . 

Second : And ...please ! No more Phoenix pieces everywhere ! Just let her claims all the pieces , be complete and do big things : Kill off Galactus , resurrect a whole bunch of good superheroes ..... etc and everybody should stop define her " with / without Phoenix force " ...Goodness sake ! She IS  the Phoenix , one and the same , It's a part of her ,

PS : I really really want to see Jean telekinetically shatters Emma's diamond arrogant grin off   to pieces !
    kai95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kai95

I want Jean Back but it would be cool for her to be with a completely new guy or by herself. Am I the only one that think her costume from Ultimate Alliance Two should be put in the comics too?.....but yeah I want Jean to come back independent if not with a new man lol

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jorgeareizaga

We all want JEAN GREY  COME BACK NOW!!!!, we are tired of her cheap copies (Emma, Rachel, Madeleine and Hope) We want the original and stop killing her, her several deaths are boring!!!!
    X-23_2513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By X-23_2513

yeah jean commin back would b cool but nows not the right time
    Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Terran

Nope..

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By riri4life
    @X-23_2513 said:
    "yeah jean commin back would b cool but nows not the right time "

Then WHEN DAMN IT!?!?! lol
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kerukun878
    @riri4life: After Second Coming.. Most likely after Hope loses her Phoenix Shard.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By riri4life
    @kerukun878 said:
    " @riri4life: After Second Coming.. Most likely after Hope loses her Phoenix Shard. "

Her Phoenix Shard?
    kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kerukun878
    @riri4life: YOu know how Jean was looking for the pieces of the Phoenix? I think Hope has one of said pieces.
    Inthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Inthedark

I'd love to see jean come back and "heal Wanda/save the mutant race"

Jean forgave Scott and wanted him to be happy if Emma makes him happy why would so go back on her word?

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @kerukun878 said:
    " @riri4life: YOu know how Jean was looking for the pieces of the Phoenix? I think Hope has one of said pieces. "
    I think hope might have a few pieces and if hope turns evil jean will just appear and take powers XD
    benjamin_kch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By benjamin_kch

i want jean back now!!! but i dont think that hope should be a reincarnated version jean, jean should be jean and i also dislike the idea or her not with the x-men, she is the soul of that team and i think she is just what they need, even tho she is too powerful for them

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @benjamin_kch said:
    " i want jean back now!!! but i dont think that hope should be a reincarnated version jean, jean should be jean and i also dislike the idea or her not with the x-men, she is the soul of that team and i think she is just what they need, even tho she is too powerful for them "
    I say Jean collects all the pieces of the phoenix having the phoenix become whole, return it to the white hot room
    Leaving jean without the PF so she could return to the x-men(not get involved with scott and wolverine)
     but would like her to still have Pyrokinesis(maybe not cosmic pyro cause its too strong) and boosted TK&telepathy that way she's still like the phoenix but minus the insane powers that make her character boring
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @EnSabahNurX: I agree, and i would like for her to lead her own team for once.
    LadyShayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LadyShayne
    @PhoenixEssence: I completely agree. Phoenix should be seen as a divine entity within the Marvel universe as opposed to just another resurrected mutant. A being with that much power would find squabbles over past relationships to be trivial (so all the Emma Frost lovers are safe). She should definitely work on an intergalactic level. Also I find great irony in the fact that a character named "Phoenix" rarely rises from the ashes.  
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really need her to come back - it would be great to have her remain a cosmic level character, and explore what "Phoenix work" consists of.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riri4life said:
    " What exactly is Emma's appeal (other than visually...not to me!). To me, she has always seemed shady, manipulative, selfish, bitchy, and well... a  WHORE! lol If/when Jean does come back, we can't have two alpha-females! Its time for Emma to go! Besides, she ain't really doin anything in Second Coming anyway other than posing.    "
    I like Emma - part of her appeal is that she has so many negative qualities.
    riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By riri4life
    @PhoenixoftheTides:
    Yeah, I do love to hate her. lol
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EmmaGrace

I would love to see Jean back on the X-Men, but the need to find a logical way to make her at the power of the other members. Like Storm's level of power. But it can't be as simple as watering her down, they need to find a good reason for her to not be at Phoenix level. And I also think, if they bring Jean back, the need to get rid of Emma somehow. Having them both on the team would just make things awkward in my opinion.  

On a final not, I also agree that her and Logan were not meant to be together, just a passionate crush. I believe her and Scott were meant for each other, but she needs to take a break from him before they get back together.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By Gambit1024

Bringing Jean back at this point would just be too awkward. Too much has changed since she's been gone. 

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EmmaGrace

I think they could make it work. I mean she isn't really dead, just in the White Hot Room, where for all we know she's been watching everything that's going on anyways.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Gambit1024

That's true. How disappointed do you think she is at Scott? 

(Assuming that she knows what's up on Earth)

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EmmaGrace

Well the more I thought about it, I totally love Jean but... There is no way around the fact that she has become to powerful to work on a team like the X-Men. Let things stay the way they are. Emma is filling her spot just fine. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.