Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7984 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

My Hopes for Jean

Avatar image for x_men_codename__phoenix
    x-men codename: Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I'm obviously a Jean Grey/ Phoenix fanatic!   We all know that she has been gone for quite some time now, but I'm honestly ready for them to bring her back, but not like she used to be.  I want them to bring Jean back but different.  I think when she does return, which we all know will eventually happen, she should be in complete control of her powers and the Phoenix.  We all know that the Phoenix and Jean are one and the same and meant to be together ( it was established in Phoenix Endsong).  At the end of Endsong, Jean did not die, but went off into the White Hot Room to find herself and collect all the pieces of the Phoenix (we see this when the Phoenix left Rachel and left the Cuckoos).  So I think that she should once and for all have complete control over it and her powers and stop spasing out and loosing control!  It's been done and it's time to let that dead dog lie!  Secondly when she comes back she does not need to interfere with Scott and Emma (who are perfect for each other!).  I have fallen in love with Emma since Jean has left.  Plus it was resolved at the end of "Here Comes Tomorrow" that Jean was happy for Scott and Emma and wanted them to be together and move on.  I personally think she should return and get involved with someone else (maybe give the whole wolverine thing a chance, god knows they've flirted enough throughout the years or someone else).  Lastly, when she returns, she should have a new role in the X-Men...... Scott and Emma are running things, so lets see Jean be a leader like the rest of the older X-Men, but still under Scott and Emma.  Maybe a role like Rogue was doing...... in helping the younger mutants understand their powers or be like an overseer of one of the younger X-Men teams like the New X-Men or something like that.  I'm ready for Jean to come back but I think things have to change and be different.  People are sick of the same crap happening over and over again when she returns...... I think she needs a new direction involving the X-Men.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EnSabahNurX

Im all for jeans return but i wouldn't throw her in with the x-men just yet, if you want to explore the wolverine relationship have her join x-force with him(have a angel psylocke dynamic), i do want to see them together but not long-term
    Phoenix wise Im torn, i love the concept of her having it but would rather her just have a phoenix echo and leave the full phoenix in the white hot room and leave the door open for her to call upon the full phoenix(maybe the occasional intergalactic mission) in DIRE circumstances like a galactus attack, this way she won't have the risk of losing control and will weaken her just enough to make her a power player(still omega but not ridiculous) but not be so strong she can't be on a team. 
    I mean I know she is one with the phoenix but I say she deserves a fairly normal life now, they should do a white phoenix mini series to tie up the phoenix things leading to some epic event or something allowing jean to move on

Then she should return to the x-men and be a team leader.

Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FortressoftheMoon

Here's you new direction. Jean needs to come back depowered. That's right I said it. DE-POW-WORD! Give her a minute to think about what she has been thru the and even have a hard time accepting the changes while she was gone....kind of like Ultimate Captain America. With all of that going on, just make her bitter as hell. Talking %$^@ and just saying what should have ben said about the past, like dying so many times, Emma and Scott having their psychic sexy time. Just get a backbone and quit being a damsel in distress for no reason Like this here...... 

Jean: Where the hell am I? 
    Cyclops: You are home. Jean Welcome back 
    Jean: Home....WTF? I don't remember the mansion on island next to the Golden gate bridge. What the hell are you talking about? 
    Cyclops: Jean, the mansion got destroyed and we moved to San Fransico. 
    Jean:San Fransico? the moment i die and the roof collaspe on the mansion. Oooh let's high tail to San Fransico. Where's my stuff?  
    Cyclops: Jean we um......Emma was to help me out here? 
    Jean:No #%$^# her, I'm talking to you. You tell me. 
    Cyclops: We gave it to Logan. 
    Jean: Logan? You give my stuff stuff to the drunk canadian molester who barely showers?.......ewww. He probably sits there sniffing my....ah nevermind. I'm starving. Who do I have to ^&*% to get a Big Mac around here. Being resurrected takes a lot out of you? 

Two hours later 

Jean: Who the %^&$ is that? 
    Cyclops: Who? 
    Jean: That hippe right there.....in the Magneto knockoff costume.  
    Cyclops:Him?....That is Magento. 
    Jean: Seriously? Magneto...Erik Lehnsher. The same guy who ran the Brotherhood? Magneto, who was turned in a baby with a swollen oversized here looking like the Watcher's cousin?. Naaaah, Un-uh this ain't no Magento. Well, look at him. He's like so calm and acted like he found Budda. Is he high? I'mma need what he's sniffin.
    Cyclops: Jean, a lot has changed since you've been gone. Magento has changed also. He is one of us. 
    Jean: One of us, huh? One of us like when he was when he Xorn, right? That kind of one us? Surrounded by bastabbers, him. you, Emma 
    Cyclops: Jean. that's not fair. 
    Jean: Not fair? Not fair? You son of a mutant bitch! You want to know what not fair? What's not fair is putting up with your cheating self when I could have been getting my groove on from someone who appreciated a redhear with green eyes. . What's not fair is I'm lead to be believe that our marriage is all honky dorry when my so called husband is mind$%^#ing someone else behind my back. I could have banged Warren and be set for life with his riches but Nooooo I had to be be the good one and stay by you while you left me for a "becky". 
    Cyclops: Jean..please calm down. We talked about this. You was ok was Emma and I. 
    Jean: Calm down? Is Jean Grey gonna have to choke a bitch? Hey Scott you want me calm ok fine. I'll be calm. See? no flaming eyes or shit flames from my armpits.  Hey Emma....EMMA. Yeah you. Come here I just want say something I should have said years ago,  

(Emma walks over to Jean Grey.) 

Jean: Hey Blondie. Whoop there it is! *FALCON PUNCH*  

Give me something like that. I'm a Jean grey fan 4 life.

mario_nblc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By mario_nblc
    @FortressoftheMoon: 

Is Jean Grey gonna have to choke a bitch?    ...... LMAO! OMG this is sooo funny, u should write for marvel, i would so read more x-men if it was liek this! Love it!
    Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aqua11500
    @FortressoftheMoon:  Hell naw.
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @FortressoftheMoon:
    You, are my idol. You just made my life.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I hope Jean never comes back.

Also, Cyke never cheated, he was technically raped, but let's never bring that up because then Mary Sue Jean might look less than perfect.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

I love how people conveniently forget that it was Jean as WPotC who pushed Scott and Emma back together. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I hope Jean never comes back. Also, Cyke never cheated, he was technically raped, but let's never bring that up because then Mary Sue Jean might look less than perfect. "
    O_o you referring to the whole Emma thing?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " I love how people conveniently forget that it was Jean as WPotC who pushed Scott and Emma back together. 

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " I hope Jean never comes back. Also, Cyke never cheated, he was technically raped, but let's never bring that up because then Mary Sue Jean might look less than perfect. "
    O_o you referring to the whole Emma thing?
    "
    Yeah. She was his therapist, and she manipulated him into a form of sexual congress. That's rape in any form. I've no doubt she didn't do it with any kind of malice, she truly loved Scott; and she didn't exactly come from a loving background so her logic was screwy, but she still raped him.
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Lance Uppercut

Nothing. Jean doesn't fit with any stories the X-Men are involved in at the moment. It looks like the new writing team wants to take this in a far different direction. One that isn't Phoenix/Jean dependent. 

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thewidowsbite
    @FortressoftheMoon:
    OMG your freakin' stupid! That was hella funny! Hella out of character, but hilarious nonetheless. Jean needs to start taking a more agressive side to her personality like that, she sweeps too much under the rug. As a diehard Jean fan, make a full blown fan fiction of this nature and get it published by Marvel (just like Marjorie M. Liu's X-Men: Dark Mirror) and my life will be complete.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mercy_
    @thewidowsbite said:
    " @FortressoftheMoon: OMG your fucking stupid! That shit was hella funny! Hella out of character, but hilarious nonetheless. Jean needs to start taking a more agressive side to her personality like that, she sweeps too much under the rug. As a diehard Jean fan, make a full blown fan fiction of this nature and get it published by Marvel (just like Marjorie M. Liu's X-Men: Dark Mirror) and my life will be complete. "
    I'd suggest reading the site rules. 
    Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
    FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewidowsbiteOMG your freakin' stupid! That was hella funny! Hella out of character, but hilarious nonetheless. Jean needs to start taking a more agressive side to her personality like that, she sweeps too much under the rug. As a diehard Jean fan, make a full blown fan fiction of this nature and get it published by Marvel (just like Marjorie M. Liu's X-Men: Dark Mirror) and my life will be complete.     

That was the whole point to make her out of character. Xmencodename Pheonix was talking about giving Jean a new direction, I was giving just giving my imput on a totally whole new direction.

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thewidowsbite

@FortressoftheMoon:
    I like this direction. I'd pay to read a full novel like that.

hitchcock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hitchcock

i love the new direction.  let me know when that is out and i will buy every issue.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#16  Edited By time1

I am a Jean grey fan too. Can someone explain to me, what they mean when x-men has moved on from her. Do they  mean in terms of  phoenix or in terms of Emma and scott relationship, cylclops moving on,  cause not many characfers stay dead or gone forever, Cyclops came back, colossus came back, psylocke came back and Jubilee came back to X-MEN and she has no powers when she return. What do people mean by that?
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @time said:
    " I am a Jean grey fan too. Can someone explain to me, what they mean when x-men has moved on from her. Do they  mean in terms of  phoenix or in terms of Emma and scott relationship, cylclops moving on,  cause not many characfers stay dead or gone forever, Cyclops came back, colossus came back, psylocke came back and Jubilee came back to X-MEN and she has no powers when she return. What do people mean by that? "
    I think they're referring to the fact that Jean's story has been told. She can't return due to how much she's been upgraded in terms of power, and there's only so many Phoenix stories you can have before the concept becomes tired and annoying; which it has.

Were they to bring Jean back with her original power levels, I'm sure more people would be ok with it, but that's very unlikely. As it is, the X-Books can't sustain a story where one character has the ability to telekinetically control molecules.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#18  Edited By time1

I do agree the phoenix story has been told too many times. Characters like Storm, cyclops and Magneto have gotten more and more powerfu over the  years, so I do not see what the problem is with Jean being powerful and she much more useful  in a fight than a lot of the other X-Men. Her Telekinsis pretty cool.
    kai1309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kai1309

I like The depowered idea, also Emma and Jean already fought and she won so let that go. hooray for single jean, and i vote for her to be headmistress again. also jean "pushed" scott to emma even though he chose her before her last death,

thewidowsbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thewidowsbite

She needs to return and if she has powers they need to write her as having the omega-level telepathy/telekinesis and NO Phoenix! I love the Phoenix like any other Jean fan but it's seriously getting old. I feel they haven't really demonstrated what she can do by herself and show how powerful she is without the Phoenix (they pretty much imply she's nothing without it). I say they maybe reton the events of Phoenix Endsong, at least the part about she and the Phoenix being one; or maybe saying her access to it is diminished. The depowered idea is cool with me, though I don't know how they would explain her going from White Phoenix of the Crown to depowered Jean. To Marvel: bring her back, give her original storylines NOT involving Scott or Emma or Phoenix, let her outshine Hope (who is a sad excuse for a copy of Jean), give her some crossovers and maybe join another team AS WELL as the X-Men, and most of all STOP KILLING HER.

Jean Grey is a pivotal character in the X-Men and Marvel franchise; she obviously has a very strong fanbase since they can't seem to create any X-Men show, video game or movie without SOME appearance by her. This "rises from death" thing is getting staler than year-old bread. Bring her back and keep her alive, or keep her dead! And give her some storylines about who Jean Grey is and not about the Phoenix and how powerful she is (yet always being killed off) or her now tainted love story with Scott. Keep her single for a while too, though I would kind of like the idea of her with Logan (he obviously loves her and would appreciate her more than Scott did; and he has not really had any strong relationships that I know of), but maybe later.

Give me Jean, 100% pure JEAN.

Avatar image for x_men_codename__phoenix
    x-men codename: Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewidowsbite:   I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!   :)
    SuperboyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SuperboyRob

@FortressoftheMoon:
    WOW fav phoenix return ever

I like the idea of jean only bring a echo of the phoenix back with her then put her on the team

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EmmaGrace

@thewidowsbite:
    I agree with everything, but I don't want them to make it seem like her an Phoenix aren't the same. With everything she's been through with PF, it's safe to assume she's more than just another host. They just need to find a reason to make them connected, without giving her the PF power.

I've said before I think they should just say that now they've (they being the writers) established they are the same, they could say they can be linked without the PF inhabiting her body. So she can do her thing on earth as an omega psychic, and it can do it's thing in space. So Jean and PF can still be the same, just not connected physically.

marvellover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By marvellover1

If jean comes back shel be too powerful to be on the xmen team, i mean she is bonded with phoenix now, in fact i thought she made the phoenix flesh by becoming one, what challenge could they give her?

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BMEZY

it is inevitable that jean grey will return, i mean she is the embodiment of ressurection for christs sakes; they can't just depower her or anything. and you can't just strip her of her phoenix powers which it has been stated that it is hers by birthright and it is her ultimate mutation.. u can't go from saying that they are one bonded entity and one in the same, two halves of a whole "i am always jean and i am always phoenix" to a depowered character.. 

u just have to admit that jean is now a cosmic character beyondd all earthly beings.. now being one with the cosmos there's no way she can return to her normal life.. it's her job now to do phoenix work and that's all there is to it; she no longer belongs to the x men.. it's sad butt true... tear tear
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By fodigg

If she returns, her ONLY power should be near-instantaneous resurrection.

hulk_beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hulk_beyond

I think it'd be cool if Jean returned but with her physical body on the X-Men with limited Phoenix power while the actual Phoenix (in the form of Jean) goes of having cosmic adventures... I'm still wondering why the Phoenix wasn't major in Chaos War.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By Timandm
    @FortressoftheMoon: Um... Where the smurf is the REST of the story, Dude?!?!?!!  LOL!   Oh, you could edit the part where Jean finds out that Magneto is an X-Man now... "Um, Magneto, the guy that *#(*^&$(*$ KILLED ME?!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.