Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8004 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

if you were jeans creater

shadow death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By shadow death

tell things like what color costume you would make her, if her eyes were glowing, what her skin,hair or power color be, what here phoenix might look like 

shadow death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shadow death

hair:still red

eyes:glowing black
    phoenix: it would look like a big dark shadow of black fire
    color:black and red
    addition:  she would have a protective black aura surrounding here like a force field that can erupt like a field blast when attacked
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MrUnknown

I kind of like it how it is...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

She'd look like she did when John Byrne drew her, but her costume would be white and gold the way Dave Cockrum intended it. 

Also: she'd never have hooked-up with Scott.  Never, ever.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EmmaGrace

Everything would be the same, but she would have more of an edge. Not an Emma Frost copy, but she's too nice IMO. Also she would wear the Black Queen outfit more, because she rocked that look (:
    Avatar image for therealjeangrey
    TheRealJeanGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheRealJeanGrey

I would keep her the same, except the whole Scott romance... He annoys me to no end...Its his Codependency.
    treysome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By treysome
    @shadow death said:
    hair:still red
    eyes:glowing black
    phoenix: it would look like a big dark shadow of black fire
    color:black and red
    addition:  she would have a protective black aura surrounding here like a force field that can erupt like a field blast when attacked
    would love to see an artist tackle that
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#8  Edited By time1
    @EmmaGrace said:
    Everything would be the same, but she would have more of an edge. Not an Emma Frost copy, but she's too nice IMO. Also she would wear the Black Queen outfit more, because she rocked that look (:
    I don't  mean to be rude, but she never  been a Emma Frost copy. I think you have it the another way around.  It's all thanks to Jean that Emma is where she is now. Jean Grey was X-MEN leading lady years ago and now Emma frost is and they both loved the same man, hence the copying.
    Cyclops and Emma Frost
    Cyclops and Emma Frost
    No Caption Provided
    EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @time
    I just meant make Jean less of a "perfect" girl, and give her some attitude without making her personality the same as Emma's. I don't think either of them are copies of each other.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1
    @EmmaGrace said:
    @time: I just meant make Jean less of a "perfect" girl, and give her some attitude without making her personality the same as Emma's. I don't think either of them are copies of each other.
    I don't think she need some attitude, she be to similar Emma Frost. I like her way she is, writers need stop using phoenix force to get rid of her, it's getting old and lame. I think both Emma & Jean are good characters, I prefer Jean though.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Jeans not perfect she's just really really nice. when will people learn that is okay to have some of em in comics.
    crj25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crj25

I would have her be resurrected and be rendered powerless by M-Day and her connection with the phoenix force is permanently severed. Hope can have the phoenix force i don't care about her character and let's admit it, the phoenix force ruins characters. I would either have jean become kind of a bad ass powerless character (i.e. storm during her mohawk era or rictor and dani moonstar right now) or i would have her come into contact with hope who would kickstart a secondary mutation in jean giving her the power of pyrokinesis. And on the jean vs. emma copy discussion, I personally think they are two sides of the same coin meant to be foils to each other's attributes. Emma's less than idyllic family life and unfettered access to the dark corners of the human psyche has made her somewhat of a cynic while jean's childhood tragedy (coming with the onset of her telepathy) and then ascension to godhood has made her maintain somewhat of a goodie goodie personality fearing what she would become if she were to let go of her inhibitions. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to see jean come back stripped of her godhood and sort of finally begin to let down her guard and interact with emma who would now be the powerhouse in comparison, jean should be a character stripped down to the basics not some flaming space godess. Also i wanna see her give Cyke a swift knee to the crotch but thats just me. 

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By time1

I wouldn't like Jean Grey to be striiped of her powers and have Emma frost  as a  powerhouse. I think Emma got to good if you ask me, being X-Men leadering lady, Cyclops main women. She focus more on then Storm and Rogue and they are much better characters  than her . I think they should get rid of phoenix force for a least a couple years, just like it was in 90's, it was good back then. I like her Morrison look, she look cool back then. I honest don't believe Emma deserve to be where she is now, it all thanks to Jean when you think about it. I think Emma owns Jean a lot. I think she should apologize  to Jean for the way she acted. and then Jean not giving her any forgiveness.  I would like to see storm lead again a team and  away from Scott. The team should be Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Charles, Gambit and X-23 and it should be called Astonshing X-Men and it should be less focus on science and more on helping mutants.  I also would like to see Jean kick Cyclops butt and put t him in place and teach him a lesson, for treated his friend that way.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Mercy_

@crj25 said:

I would have her be resurrected and be rendered powerless by M-Day and her connection with the phoenix force is permanently severed. Hope can have the phoenix force i don't care about her character and let's admit it, the phoenix force ruins characters. I would either have jean become kind of a bad ass powerless character (i.e. storm during her mohawk era or rictor and dani moonstar right now) or i would have her come into contact with hope who would kickstart a secondary mutation in jean giving her the power of pyrokinesis. And on the jean vs. emma copy discussion, I personally think they are two sides of the same coin meant to be foils to each other's attributes. Emma's less than idyllic family life and unfettered access to the dark corners of the human psyche has made her somewhat of a cynic while jean's childhood tragedy (coming with the onset of her telepathy) and then ascension to godhood has made her maintain somewhat of a goodie goodie personality fearing what she would become if she were to let go of her inhibitions. I think it would be an interesting dynamic to see jean come back stripped of her godhood and sort of finally begin to let down her guard and interact with emma who would now be the powerhouse in comparison, jean should be a character stripped down to the basics not some flaming space godess. Also i wanna see her give Cyke a swift knee to the crotch but thats just me.

Great post!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Samimista

I would leave her physical appearance alone and resurrect her as Marvel Girl for awhile since Phoenix is overused while writing Jean as a strong independent character.I would also give her a team with Storm being the leader and Jean being co-leader.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.