Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8003 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

If Jean Grey was going to

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

When she returns. If this was going  to happened to her?

If she was going to lose the Pheonix

If she was going to get back  with Scott

If she was going to have her own mini series 

If she was going to join the Avengers 

If she was going  to start dating Logan 

If she was going to established a new X-Men team with Storm. 

If she was going to beat the crap out of Emma Frost  

If she was going become headmistress of the X-Men

How many of you would be upset or happy about it?. I am just curious, I know there are a lot of Jean Grey fans out there. That want her to come back.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg
    @time said:

When she returns. This was going to happen to her  If she was going lose the Pheonix If she was going to get back  with Scott If she was going to have her own mini series  If she was going to join the Avengers  If she was going start dating Logan  If she was going established a new X-Men team with Storm.  If she was going to beat the crap out of Emma Frost   If she was going become headmistress of the X-Men  How many of you would be upset or happy about it?. I am just curious, I know there are a lot of Jean Grey fans out there. That want her to come back.  

I think that if Jean comes back they'll need to do a lot of work to make her unique again since they've handed out all her usual hooks to other characters.

• I think she should lose the phoenix entirely  
    • She should NOT get back together with Scott (or Logan, or anyone; define her as her own character before pairing her up) 
    • She could join whatever team--Avengers, X-Men, FF, whatever 
    • They should subvert expectations and make her fast friends with Emma, much to the chagrin of Scott 

I'm totally ambivalent in her coming back as long as they move the character forward. If they bring her back just to wind the clock back that would suck. Scott has moved on with Emma and Logan just had a storyline where he admitted to himself that he's finally over her. And she NEEDS--badly needs--some work on herself in a solo context to develop her character in new directions. She can't be the old Jean because there's already Rachel and Emma and Hope and the Cukoos and all the other "powerful female psychic phoenix messiah people" and she shouldn't be reduced to just "[male x-man's] love interest." 

If they bring her back to reset an old status quo, cover the same old story themes, and regress the surrounding characters, that will bug me. Otherwise, I don't care. And because I don't care and because I don't trust them to do it right, I'd rather she just stay dead.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Shadowdoggy

1. she'd just get it back again 
    2. I can't see him doing that. He's been with Emma for years now.
    3. she won't get a miniseries. That's far far far less than likely 
    4. ......why would she? They wouldn't ask her to join. They're the Avengers, not the X-vengers. Wolverine is the only X-Person to ever strattle that line (other than Beast) and they did it because they have much more to offer than just their powers. Jean is JUST her powers 
    5. it'd be interesting and then it'd end. Probably badly, but still it'd end to preserve the status quo 
    6. ......What? Why would they do that? Storm is barely an X-Man now as it is. She's too busy with her other responsibilities to form some new team with her undead girlfrend. Now, STORM as an Avenger- that's something worth considering.....  
    7. Ummm. No. I'd like to see her try though. 
    8. Maybe if she develops the mutant ability to travel back in time to the 90's when that was a viable option

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Bestostero

1. No, because then she'll be overpowered again and be forced back into comic book limbo. I think maybe she can retain a fragment of it like Rachel?
    2. Yes and No, a part of me will always be in favor of the pairing, but in real life, people move on, people drift apart.... if they do, it shouldn't be rushed.
    3. Yes, I would read.
    4. Yes, change is good, and if I remember correctly the Avengers were the one that found her cocoon originally, she should help them out.
    5. Yes and No, i like their romance, but Logan isn't the type that would commit, Jean deserves better. 
    6. Yes. Jean and Storm are best friends, I would like to see their friendship start up again.
    7. Yes.... I mean No... she already proved she can beat up Emma when she exposed the affair, but the point is, Jean pushed Emma to help Scott move on, so there you go.
    8. Yes and No, she definitely has the potential to do that, but times has change, depowered mutants, utopia, etc etc... so much has changed and she's out of the loop, you cant be put in charge of the X-men without knowing and understanding the situation.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EmmaGrace
    @fodigg said:
    @time said:

When she returns. This was going to happen to her  If she was going lose the Pheonix If she was going to get back  with Scott If she was going to have her own mini series  If she was going to join the Avengers  If she was going start dating Logan  If she was going established a new X-Men team with Storm.  If she was going to beat the crap out of Emma Frost   If she was going become headmistress of the X-Men  How many of you would be upset or happy about it?. I am just curious, I know there are a lot of Jean Grey fans out there. That want her to come back.  

I think that if Jean comes back they'll need to do a lot of work to make her unique again since they've handed out all her usual hooks to other characters.

• I think she should lose the phoenix entirely  
    • She should NOT get back together with Scott (or Logan, or anyone; define her as her own character before pairing her up) 
    • She could join whatever team--Avengers, X-Men, FF, whatever 
    • They should subvert expectations and make her fast friends with Emma, much to the chagrin of Scott 

I'm totally ambivalent in her coming back as long as they move the character forward. If they bring her back just to wind the clock back that would suck. Scott has moved on with Emma and Logan just had a storyline where he admitted to himself that he's finally over her. And she NEEDS--badly needs--some work on herself in a solo context to develop her character in new directions. She can't be the old Jean because there's already Rachel and Emma and Hope and the Cukoos and all the other "powerful female psychic phoenix messiah people" and she shouldn't be reduced to just "[male x-man's] love interest." 

If they bring her back to reset an old status quo, cover the same old story themes, and regress the surrounding characters, that will bug me. Otherwise, I don't care. And because I don't care and because I don't trust them to do it right, I'd rather she just stay dead.

Agreed 100%
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

If she was going to lose the Phoenix
     -Good for her. Give it to a different character and give her a break.
     -Indifferent, although I do think she's better for him than Emma.
     -I might read it.
     -She's not right for that team.
     -I'd like to see that.
     -Add in the other X-women and I'd read it.
     -Yes. Doooo ittttt.
    -Hasn't she already been that?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

1.If she was going to lose the Phoenix

good. let writers work on developing her character instead of falling back on that tired crap.

upset. Scott and Emma are good for each other.

i might try it out

I'd be psyched.  I think it would be a good alternative.

i'd be a little irritated. that whole thing is old. 

I'd prefer her to take Logan's spot on the Avengers. 

I'd laugh my ass off. 

Emma also pretty much has this covered

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

When she returns. If this was going  to happened to her?

If she was going to lose the Pheonix 
    She can't lose it, they have plently of ways to keep her there without sending her to the WHR...it has been said enough times on panel that the nature of the White hot room is beyond space and time and reality and that you are always there waiting for yourself to arrive, which means even if Jean comes back to Earth as the mutant Jean Grey, she would still be in the White Hot Room as White Phoenix, so that takes care of that, her omega level potential obviously allows her to tap the Phoenix as a power source the way other psis tap the astral plane or Magneto taps the EM field of earth

Why would she, she let him go to begin with, he wasn't over her, she let him go and made him get over her

why not everybody else does the premise could be dealing with her time away and be a back story.  There is also the fact that Jean seems to come back from being White Phoenix without memories of it like she she did after Dark Phoenix, it could deal with her fleeting memories of being a god and acclimating herself to being back in reality and a mutant again 

never was too crazy about this, the Xmen need a mutant who reps what they originally stand for more than ever  
    no, part of her being able to develope should start with her being just Jean and single 
     she should
    Emma made a very big threat at the end of Warsong, lets see if she (Emma) is gonna stand by her words 

She should rebuild and reopen the school any mutant that wants to follow the original dream would be welcome and those who don't can stay on utopia, not severing contact just being different factions of the same group, it wouldn't be the first time different teams of X-bearing mutants had different agendas to reach the same goal...equality.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    If she was going to lose the Phoenix: Completely cool with that

If she was going to get back  with Scott: No, they are over and she needs to move on. They aren't good together anymore

If she was going to have her own mini series: I would order it right now lol

If she was going to join the Avengers: No she would match that group

If she was going  to start dating Logan: I'm ok if she did that for a while 

If she was going to established a new X-Men team with Storm: I support this and think it should happen

If she was going to beat the crap out of Emma Frost: well they need to settle some things  

If she was going become headmistress of the X-Men: Ehh I want her to be more active than just being the head of the school

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.