Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 7984 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

I want her to Return Permenantly

Dacnomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dacnomania

This dead alive,dead, alive,dead,alive has gone on long  enough.

I honestly would prefer her to stay dead dead rather then for her Character to be treated with this kind of Bungee Cord after life routine

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Video_Martian

Death is useless in comics.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Daveyo520

Don't we all? wink wink nudge nudge say no more

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

I am also tired of the dead alive dead alive dead alive dead alive cycle however unlike you I want her to stay dead permanently

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Powerzone789

@BlackArmor said:

I am also tired of the dead alive dead alive dead alive dead alive cycle however unlike you I want her to stay dead permanently

this

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123

I want the white room or whatever to be completely destroyed. Just freaking annihilate her. End it. End it, please.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LadyHarley

She either needs to stay dead or be kept alive. Marvel has been pulling this crap for ages. The Phoenix needs to be destroyed. I'm so tired of that thing. But if they are going to resurrect Jean I want her to be without the Phoenix Force. Just be Jean for once.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By BatteredArmor

@InnerVenom123 said:

I want the white room or whatever to be completely destroyed. Just freaking annihilate her. End it. End it, please.

I am mentally shaking your hand

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@LadyHarley said:

She either needs to stay dead or be kept alive. Marvel has been pulling this crap for ages. The Phoenix needs to be destroyed. I'm so tired of that thing. But if they are going to resurrect Jean I want her to be without the Phoenix Force. Just be Jean for once.

this.

LadyHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LadyHarley

@Archlord: Absolutely. I'm with you there. That would actually be interesting. I get Jean is meant to be one of the most powerful women on the planet,and then suddenly she is powerless. That would be an intriguing plot.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By fodigg

If returned, Jean needs to be:

1. Totally split off from the Phoenix Force
    2. Conclusively removed from the Scott/Logan love triangle
    3. Given a new identity on the team (e.g., role, motivation, gimmick), possibly including a new secondary mutation

She's in the unique position of being gone too long and yet we're still sick of her. Her story has been recycled to death and, worse, all of her major character hooks have been passed off to other characters (e.g., Rachel Grey, Emma Frost, Stepford Cuckoos, Madelyne Pryor, Hope Summers, Nate Summers, Nathan Summers). If reintroduced, she needs to have a new angle in order to stick. Otherwise she'll simply be used again and again to recycle the same story: love triangle with Scott/Logan and uncontrolled connection to the Phoenix Force that eventually destroys her.

If I were handling her return, I would do it like this:

1. She returns somehow due to Hope's abilities and then immediately fight off the Phoenix Force which finds a new host or is just conclusively confined somehow (since "killing" it would be meaningless). Possibly returning it to the "White Hot Room" or some such? Regardless, the connection between the Phoenix and Jean are cut.
    2. She eschews all romantic ties, especially those with Scott and Logan. The relationship with Scott should be mutually combative with neither wanting a relationship, his having moved on with Emma. The distance from Logan should be less mutual, but a firm separation. Jean's character needs growth and the biggest growth-killer is to peg her as just somebody's love interest.
    3. She's be given a totally new secondary mutation in addition to her telepathy/telekinesis in an attempt to expand on her character the same way as was successfully done with Emma Frost. This would serve to distance her from her old "flames" motif and establish a new one. It would also allow her to be unique without playing her up as the most powerful telepath or telekinetic, which would overshadow established characters who've assumed those roles (e.g., Hellion). This power/gimmick really could be anything as long as it doesn't tread too closely to resurrection or flames.
    4. I'd establish some new villains for her to fight, possibly in a mini-series starring her and a few supporting X-Men, just to set her on a new path. In the course of defeating this villain she'd establish a new core motivation and role within the larger organization of the X-Men.
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GREGalicious

Haters keep saying the same thing but I think she needs to be returned. They couldve been working on her return instead of that mess with HOPE, who is pretty lame. She needs her own mini series to first clarify her role as White Phoenix of the Crown, what exactly "the Crown" is, and tie up all her loose ends as Phoenix (performing "Phoenix work" ONLY, when absolutely needed) and leaving that out of her earthly affairs. She needs time away from the X-MEN, and I said it before, but I think she would be right at home leading her own team of EXILES (and she can pop in on the X-Men every now and then).

I dont mind her being a symbol of death and rebirth, but it shouldnt constantly be so literal. She should mean new beginnings. I could care less about her connections to the Phoenix (it is afterall what makes her so popular and recognizable) but the constant complaining about the force is just backward BS. BAD to mediocre writing is the problem, not her power or her destiny. Bad writing is what turns a hit series to CRAP and it works the same for individual characters. If you use the force too much, people complain about overuse and if they focus on Jean, then people complain about no character growth. She needs someone who knows and respects the character of both JEAN and PHOENIX. Thats the only way it is going to work. I like her for who she is: (Phoenix troubles aside) The most normal woman in the X-Men.

PS: I think ALL of Scott's women should stick around (MADELYNE included), if only to screw with his bland emotions occasionally.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.