Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8006 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

Do you Hate Cyclops? I do for following reasons

• 64 results
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

First off I like Cyclops. He's cool, but I also hate him... for his Madelyne Pryor incident and his being with Emma( Weird I like Emma a lot but not in this scenario at least for him). Cyclops was always meant to be with Jean then the Phoenix Saga happened things went wrong, then Madelyne Pryor happened...ruined his character forever, then he went with Emma...things went just as bad. Then Jean returns...making things even worse.
    People in general know the MODERN Cyclops. I like Classic Cyclops. Things can be overmodernized( which is another topic entirely). Cyclops isn't a doosh bag...he's a gentleman. I'm saddened cause all 3 women are nice( Madelyne is nice and not bad but was forced that way because writer had to make her that way). All 3 are to good for him something the writers don't seem to get.
    I am a big Jean Grey fan( Mercy_ I don't not have bad taste). Emma in my opinion though is her equal in every way if not more. Emma has gone from evil to good and proven herself to be a hero.
    I am what I call a "Classic" Fan. I love most classic heroes/villains. Cyclops needs to go back to his old ways...which means...A REBOOT( Not Like 52)
    And while Cyclops/Jean is the pairup I like Emma deserves someone better( Beast? Or someone like that?) Problem is all the girls need better men to date and all the good X-Guys are taken.
    What do you think do you hate NON-Classic Cyclops? Do you like Jean Grey?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Billy Batson

BB

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Oh look, it's the one millionth "CYCLOPS SUCKS AND HERE'S WHY" thread.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

There is no such thing as a soul mate, so it's an invalid judgment of his character. Writers use romanticism to spice up their lame story lines.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

@InnerVenom123 said:

millionth and one.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@InnerVenom123 said:

Just wait til the Cyclops fans appear to defend his honor.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman
    @InnerVenom123@Kallarkz: Can't be. We were promised a pro Cyclops thread if we hit a million. WHERE IS MY PRO THREAD?
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

...We agree about Cyclops needing to go back more to the classical side, but I think we disagree about everything else.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Kallarkz said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

millionth and one.

too bad if it had been the millionth he would have won the prize.....

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By antemiusenteri

am just pissed at the way he treated professor X that made me hate him the most

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

Oh dear being a Cyclops fan is starting to be like being a Storm fan. He has a fan base so even if you don't like him you will see him, and besides he is an important X-Man perhaps the most important. I don't like him personally, but he is a classic character and is one of the few characters who has gone through what I consider a natural character change from the golden boy, to the anti-hero.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#12  Edited By knighthood

I've never liked Cyke (except for when he battled Master Mold in MCP), but he is an important X-Men so I respect the character. Now he just seems like Magneto. The UXM are just a bunch of ex-wrong-doers and Storm.

MCP stands for Marvel Comics Presents, just in case you didn't catch my reference earlier.

No Caption Provided
    GreyPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GreyPhoenix

I think its just freakin adorable to how opinionated and bitter and inconsiderate people can be because thins aren't you way. You bashes nd haters. I could just pinch our chubby over reacting cheeks. Awe.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

The reason I hate Cyclops is because I hate character growth.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

As a wise man once said:

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rickbarry
    No Caption Provided

@TheGreyOutcastX: A wise man said this as well.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry said:

No Caption Provided

@TheGreyOutcastX: A wise man said this as well.

Have I told you lately how much I respect you, sir? :D

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: I'm the champion of the under appreciated characters. I will always defend Cyclops, Colossus and Ultimate Dazzler.

I'm allergic to Storm, but that might be the sheer amount of people that fawn over her.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry said:

@TheGreyOutcastX: I'm the champion of the under appreciated characters. I will always defend Cyclops, Colossus and Ultimate Dazzler.

I'm allergic to Storm, but that might be the sheer amount of people that fawn over her.

LOL it's like true storm fans have cooties or something.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I can get not liking Cyclops some for the actions he have taken, especially in his personal life. I read X-Men season one recently and it made me miss not just Jean Grey, but the relationship with Scott. That being said, I think the Scott/Emma affair was one of the greatest things to happen to the X-Men. It didn't make him a horrible person, it made him fallible just like everyone else.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor
    Just seemed like the time to post this
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Blood1991 said:

Oh dear being a Cyclops fan is starting to be like being a Storm fan. He has a fan base so even if you don't like him you will see him, and besides he is an important X-Man perhaps the most important. I don't like him personally, but he is a classic character and is one of the few characters who has gone through what I consider a natural character change from the golden boy, to the anti-hero.

so i don't like him either but i agree with your statement.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#24  Edited By Hawkeye446

@BlueLantern1995: My favourite thing you said was this:

I like Emma deserves someone better( Beast? Or someone like that?) Problem is all the girls need better men to date and all the good X-Guys are taken.

Mainly because I agree. Most of my favourite X-Men are the female characters. It has nothing to do with gender, I just think that many of the female characters have better personalities and such. I think Emma is an extremely strong character, and I mean that in more than one way. She has a lot going for her, beauty, intelligence, wit. It makes an excellent character. Being with Cyclops was a good move originally, but I think it's restricting her. I want more focus on Emma as a character, and not as Cyclop's girlfriend. I wish she could find someone at her level, or go single.

I think Cyclops is also in a rut, he has gained a lot of hate recently. I wish he could develop more, show more weakness, get us feeling for him.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By azza04

How Scott gets Jean and Emma hot for him is a mystery...they must be attracted to power and douchebaggery.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

Modern Cyclops >>> Boy Scout Scott.

You can't criticise Scott for the Madelyne Pryor stuff, something he was actually manipulated into, making the distinction between Modern and Classic Cyclops, and hold Modern Cyclops accountable for that. That was the fault of Classic Cyclops, if at all.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine

@azza04 said:

How Scott gets Jean and Emma hot for him is a mystery...they must be attracted to power and douchebaggery.

Or the fact that he's peak human in terms of physical fitness and has a face to rival that of a male supermodel.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By azza04

@John Valentine said:

@azza04 said:

Or the fact that he's peak human in terms of physical fitness and has a face to rival that of a male supermodel.

Wow really? I had never noticed.....

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine

@azza04 said:

@John Valentine said:

@azza04 said:

Wow really? I had never noticed.....

No Caption Provided
    edited/fixed
    edited/fixed
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No worries, you don't have to thank me. It's fine.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#30  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @azza04 said:

Well with Jean, she fell for him funnily enough Cyclops was the nice guy, and that's what Stan wanted, and I mean, Angel was an arrogant rich boy, Iceman was the immature prankster constantly pole dancing, and Beast was actually probably the jerkiest of the group, he even like groped and jumped Jean once. Cyclops was the shy reserved one and if there is one thing comic creators know what to do, is to have a small bit of wish fulfillment present if you can, you know, if your target market are young teen boys primarily. So Cyclops was the default. Defaults always make the best projection characters.   

What I find ironic or funny depending on what colour your car is, is that Grant Morrison paired Cyclops with Emma, because he felt he was boring and he needed more edge (which could be a synonym for the words you used) and so Emma was more of a catalyst for those traits with Cyclops rather than her being attracted to them =D    
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:

You can't criticise Scott for the Madelyne Pryor stuff, something he was actually manipulated into, making the distinction between Modern and Classic Cyclops, and hold Modern Cyclops accountable for that. That was the fault of Classic Cyclops, if at all.

John Valentine to the rescue again. There needs to be an end thread feature that comes along every time you make an X-Men related comment. Because the thread is won once that happens. 
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By azza04

@SC: Thats interesting about the Grant Morrison thing, never thought of it like that.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@John Valentine said:

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By yasiiii4

@azza04 said:

i agree with you

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Nope, love him.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#36  Edited By time1

Is me or do people defend Cyclops way too much. He mistreats Maddie and that's ok,

like John said

@John Valentine said:

He abandons his son and disrespects two women, but that's Ok.

He has telepathic affair with Emma Frost, but that's Ok, Emma just mind rape him. He not responsible for his actions.

He mistreats a lot of the X-Men characters, Charles, Storm, Rogue, X-23, Beast and doesn't mind sending young mutants to there deaths or letting them become murderers , like 'Oya', but that's ok, he's the leader of mutant race.

How about letting the Avengers beat Cable to death in Avengers Sanctions, I suppose people will be saying that's ok, as well. Cable did the wrong thing by going after the Avengers.

Every X-Men character at one point, has been poorly written over the years, no character has had it perfect, but Cyclops is a character that just seems to get worse and worse over the years. I really hope bad things happen to him, in the next couple of years, either Emma dumps him, Jean returns and her, Charles and Storm take over the leadership of the X-Men or Magneto beats the crap out him and returns to his villain days. It's not like Cyclops didn't have it coming.

What Douche!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

I have to post this. Every time Scott is called a douche, this must appear.

No Caption Provided
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By John Valentine

@time said:

Is me or do people defend Cyclops way too much. He mistreats Maddie and that's ok,

like John said

@John Valentine said:

He has telepathic affair Emma Frost, but that's Ok, Emma just mind rape him. He not responsible for his actions.

He mistreats a lot of the X-Men characters, Charles, Storm, Rogue, X-23, Beast and doesn't mind sending young mutants to there deaths or letting them become murderers , like 'Oya', but that's ok, he's the leader of mutant race.

How about letting the Avengers beat Cable to death in Avengers Sanctions, I suppose people will be saying that's ok, as well. Cable did the wrong thing by going after the Avengers.

Every X-Men character at one point, has been poorly written over the years, no character has had it perfect, but Cyclops is a character that just seems to get worse and worse over the years. I really hope bad things happen to him, in the next couple of years, either Emma dumps him, Jean returns and her, Charles and Storm take over the leadership of the X-Men or Magneto beats the crap out him and returns to his villain days. It's not like Cyclops didn't have it coming.

What Douche!

Urgh, as if this is new. For the record, Scott's not my favourite character. I don't like people bashing him unjustly.

She was a creation of Sinister, who was obsessively-interested in him, and someone who looked exactly like his dead wife at a time when he was grieving her. He then left her to find Jean, admittedly terrible behavior. Straight after they formed X-Factor (X-Editorial, anyone?).

We've been through this before. Scott did not have an affair. He was getting help from Emma for his already failing marriage. If anything, it was Emma who was the worst in this situation. Read New X-Men again, that's how Morrison wrote it. He was also still suffering from the effects of being bonded with Apocalypse.

Jean, in her dying breathes, told Scott to "live" and gave her consent for him to be in a relationship with Emma. It's not as though Jean would have been an easy person to be married too, especially with all the Phoenix instability.

How did he mistreat Charles? His actions towards Xavier were perfectly justified. Charles imprisoned a sentient AI and forced her to act as his "danger room". Charles was part of the Illuminati, the group who exiled Hulk which eventually resulted in WWH. Charles also sent four young, under-prepared children to their deaths on Krakoa to rescue, among them, Gabriel Summers. Xavier told no one about this; Moira was the only other person who knew. This resuled in Vulcan being revived post M-Day and going crazy, torturing the X-Men and then flying into space to wreak destruction across the Shi'ar Imperium. All of these failures, the last one in particular, was from a man Scott saw as a father. I guess both Cyclops and Xavier employ children to fight for them, the difference being with Scott is that they're fully prepared and willing to do so. Second to this, it's now more necessary than ever for all mutants to fight for their survival.

How has he mistreated Storm? This is a woman who left the X-Men to play Queen in Wakanda when she got married, a time at which mutant-kind were in their time of most need. She then comes back full-time and says all this "murder is wrong blah blah blah". It would be nothing short of idiocy to let Storm lead the X-Men right now, although, she's Cyclops' second in command on the Blue Side. She hasn't lead mutant-kind through this saga, nor has she had to make certain sacrifices due to the choices she's made, unlike Scott.

What about Rogue and X-23? He's been fine to both of them. Wolverine's been worse to Rogue.

Scott never actually told Idie to kill. He told her to "do what she had to do" until he got there. It was a "kill or be killed" situation. And, frankly, the Wolverine stance on the matter is ridiculous and terrible sudden. A man such as Wolverine should realize the harsh reality of mutant kind's situation and accept that certain measures have to be taken. Second to this, the majority of people you call children are late teens at the youngest. Scott never even uses children as a first resort, anyway; always a last result. They're not normal children; they have super-powers and the world will always hate them and try to kill them. They should be allowed to defend themselves - those who stayed on Utopia want to. I refer you to Dust's speech in X-Men Legacy #262 concerning the situation.

I reserve judgment on the X-Sanction thing. It's very possible that Cable was right. However, Scott didn't have the knowledge he now has about Hope/ and Cable was also the one who attacked and imprisoned the Avengers, Scott had no choice. Cable's alive, so I don't see how you can still be mad.

The reality is, without some like Scott to lead mutant-kind, they would be in a much worse situation right now. If a character you liked, say Storm or Jean, was doing this, you'd have no complaints.

I refer you to this:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

No Caption Provided

Hipsterhobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hipsterhobo

With all the events going on in AvX hes acting more and more like a crazy fanatic like magneto was/is but, i mean come on you gotta love cycops

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Osian2

1. Scott didn't leave Madelyne in a "this relationships is over" sort of way he went to go see Jean who had returned (for the first time). I'm sorry but i don't see how anyone couldn't go see her I mean it wouldn't have made sense if he didn't.

2. He didn't cheat on Maddie when he went to visit Jean they didn't kiss or anything and then he returned only to find out that Maddie had left Alaska and sinister had wiped all traces of her.

3. People use psylocke as another example of him cheating yet all he ever did was look at her occasionally (like Jean and Logan did all the freaking time. I mean its a famous love triangle for a reason) and when she kissed him he immediately pushed her away telling her that he loved Jean. Jean even had the cheek to accuse Psylocke of having an affair with Scott (I don't remember Scott accusing her of cheating with Logan).

4.When Cyclops and Apocalypse had been merged people seem to forget that it wasn't for something like 30 minutes he was suffering for over 6 months and all the x-men gave up on finding him, hell Jean even told Cable he should give up (the only person who was still searching!) and after they found Scott Jeans brilliant advice was "the bad feelings go away...... you're not the first person to be possessed) talk about being cold. What really angers me about that is that although Jean was possessed by phoenix she only had problems as Dark Phoenix and that lasted little more than a couple of days in the comic and she committed scuicide because it was to much but she brushes Scotts six months of suffering away as if it was nothing!!!! Not even prof X helps Scott he just tell him to take a holiday (where he gets attacked by dinosaurs, the juggernaut and Black Tom). Thats right the two most powerful telepaths in the world dont bother with therapy to help their husband/son.

5.People act like Jean was the perfect wife during this time even though she kissed wolverine while scott and warren were fighting a villain then on the day professor x left for space she went into the woods, kissed Logan and even tried to start an affair but he turned her down. THIS WAS BEFORE HIS AFFAIR WITH EMMA!!

By the way i'm not saying scott was right to have an affair it was defnitely a bad decision however I can't stand it when people act like Scott is a total ****ard and that Jean was completely innocent. IMO Scott and Jean were the best couple in the marvel universe but to make interesting stories Grant Morrisson abused theit character and i'm still hoping for the day when they finally reunite and Marvel stop trying to destroy every relationship. (Peter and Mary Jane, Rogue and Gambit, Daredevil and Elektra.)

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oraclefyre

They're both bad for each other in some respects and also good for each other. They both need each other in sense they believe they need to do what is best but they don't necessarily represent what they want. Jean and Scott were definitely a great couple but they were too young when they got married and never had a chance to define themselves outside of each other. It was always "Scott and Jean".

I love Scott and Emma because they bring out the best in each other. I do think Jean's death was just a cop out, though, in the respect that Marvel didn't want Scott having another failed marriage on his hands and be labelled a "divorcee", IMO. And the fact the writers didn't know what to do with her because some could be pretty lazy with her. I wish that she was alive and Scott her were on good terms as friends but because she died before they could resolve their issues, Scott got a bit of a suckish reputation personal-life wise that his haters use ammo.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antemiusenteri said:

so true someone should help them be friends again

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosAgent said:

@BlackArmor said:

Evil beings, beware of Scott Summers....Owner of a jetpack.

Oh, and the leader of the X-Men.

lol.....i bet he misses jean because if jean was alive he wouldnt need a stupid jetpack

antemiusenteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By antemiusenteri

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

@antemiusenteri said:

so true someone should help them be friends again

well he killed him so....

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By snyderman567

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

like John said

@John Valentine said:

He has telepathic affair Emma Frost, but that's Ok, Emma just mind rape him. He not responsible for his actions.

What Douche!

Urgh, as if this is new. For the record, Scott's not my favourite character. I don't like people bashing him unjustly.

She was a creation of Sinister, who was obsessively-interested in him, and someone who looked exactly like his dead wife at a time when he was grieving her. He then left her to find Jean, admittedly terrible behavior. Straight after they formed X-Factor (X-Editorial, anyone?).

We've been through this before. Scott did not have an affair. He was getting help from Emma for his already failing marriage. If anything, it was Emma who was the worst in this situation. Read New X-Men again, that's how Morrison wrote it. He was also still suffering from the effects of being bonded with Apocalypse.

Jean, in her dying breathes, told Scott to "live" and gave her consent for him to be in a relationship with Emma. It's not as though Jean would have been an easy person to be married too, especially with all the Phoenix instability.

How did he mistreat Charles? His actions towards Xavier were perfectly justified. Charles imprisoned a sentient AI and forced her to act as his "danger room". Charles was part of the Illuminati, the group who exiled Hulk which eventually resulted in WWH. Charles also sent four young, under-prepared children to their deaths on Krakoa to rescue, among them, Gabriel Summers. Xavier told no one about this; Moira was the only other person who knew. This resuled in Vulcan being revived post M-Day and going crazy, torturing the X-Men and then flying into space to wreak destruction across the Shi'ar Imperium. All of these failures, the last one in particular, was from a man Scott saw as a father. I guess both Cyclops and Xavier employ children to fight for them, the difference being with Scott is that they're fully prepared and willing to do so. Second to this, it's now more necessary than ever for all mutants to fight for their survival.

How has he mistreated Storm? This is a woman who left the X-Men to play Queen in Wakanda when she got married, a time at which mutant-kind were in their time of most need. She then comes back full-time and says all this "murder is wrong blah blah blah". It would be nothing short of idiocy to let Storm lead the X-Men right now, although, she's Cyclops' second in command on the Blue Side. She hasn't lead mutant-kind through this saga, nor has she had to make certain sacrifices due to the choices she's made, unlike Scott.

What about Rogue and X-23? He's been fine to both of them. Wolverine's been worse to Rogue.

Scott never actually told Idie to kill. He told her to "do what she had to do" until he got there. It was a "kill or be killed" situation. And, frankly, the Wolverine stance on the matter is ridiculous and terrible sudden. A man such as Wolverine should realize the harsh reality of mutant kind's situation and accept that certain measures have to be taken. Second to this, the majority of people you call children are late teens at the youngest. Scott never even uses children as a first resort, anyway; always a last result. They're not normal children; they have super-powers and the world will always hate them and try to kill them. They should be allowed to defend themselves - those who stayed on Utopia want to. I refer you to Dust's speech in X-Men Legacy #262 concerning the situation.

I reserve judgment on the X-Sanction thing. It's very possible that Cable was right. However, Scott didn't have the knowledge he now has about Hope/ and Cable was also the one who attacked and imprisoned the Avengers, Scott had no choice. Cable's alive, so I don't see how you can still be mad.

The reality is, without some like Scott to lead mutant-kind, they would be in a much worse situation right now. If a character you liked, say Storm or Jean, was doing this, you'd have no complaints.

I refer you to this:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

No Caption Provided

Once again, Time's stupidity knows no bounds.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By John Valentine

@snyderman567 said:

Once again, Time's stupidity knows no bounds.

Because that was a valid post. No.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By god_spawn

@snyderman567: Warning for insults.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@Osian2 said:

1. Scott didn't leave Madelyne in a "this relationships is over" sort of way he went to go see Jean who had returned (for the first time). I'm sorry but i don't see how anyone couldn't go see her I mean it wouldn't have made sense if he didn't.

2. He didn't cheat on Maddie when he went to visit Jean they didn't kiss or anything and then he returned only to find out that Maddie had left Alaska and sinister had wiped all traces of her.

3. People use psylocke as another example of him cheating yet all he ever did was look at her occasionally (like Jean and Logan did all the freaking time. I mean its a famous love triangle for a reason) and when she kissed him he immediately pushed her away telling her that he loved Jean. Jean even had the cheek to accuse Psylocke of having an affair with Scott (I don't remember Scott accusing her of cheating with Logan).

4.When Cyclops and Apocalypse had been merged people seem to forget that it wasn't for something like 30 minutes he was suffering for over 6 months and all the x-men gave up on finding him, hell Jean even told Cable he should give up (the only person who was still searching!) and after they found Scott Jeans brilliant advice was "the bad feelings go away...... you're not the first person to be possessed) talk about being cold. What really angers me about that is that although Jean was possessed by phoenix she only had problems as Dark Phoenix and that lasted little more than a couple of days in the comic and she committed scuicide because it was to much but she brushes Scotts six months of suffering away as if it was nothing!!!! Not even prof X helps Scott he just tell him to take a holiday (where he gets attacked by dinosaurs, the juggernaut and Black Tom). Thats right the two most powerful telepaths in the world dont bother with therapy to help their husband/son.

5.People act like Jean was the perfect wife during this time even though she kissed wolverine while scott and warren were fighting a villain then on the day professor x left for space she went into the woods, kissed Logan and even tried to start an affair but he turned her down. THIS WAS BEFORE HIS AFFAIR WITH EMMA!!

By the way i'm not saying scott was right to have an affair it was defnitely a bad decision however I can't stand it when people act like Scott is a total ****ard and that Jean was completely innocent. IMO Scott and Jean were the best couple in the marvel universe but to make interesting stories Grant Morrisson abused theit character and i'm still hoping for the day when they finally reunite and Marvel stop trying to destroy every relationship. (Peter and Mary Jane, Rogue and Gambit, Daredevil and Elektra.)

I agree with this 100%.

Scott Summers-Jean Grey is the Clark Kent-Lois Lane of Marvel. OK, Kent is seeing Wonder Woman at the moment, but I'm sure things will go back to normal for him later. I don't understand why Marvel hates depicting normal relationships just like what they really are-normal relationships. They need to stop destroying these classic relationships just in order to get some "edginess" into their characters, but whatever lol.

If you look at what he has gone through his whole life, you'll see that it was Scott who has suffered the most amongst all X-Men ( even from the readers who considered him to be a boring person), that guy was an orphan, seperated from his father and his brother, cannot even SEE things like a normal person without his glasses, was manipulated by Sinister and Apocalypse. And still has the sheer willpower to keep going on and doing what is good for mutantkind. It's not hard to see him finally snap & kill Xavier in AvX. The guy is the Batman of Marvel. Please cut him some slack.

I hope young Scott & young Jean see the errors that both their current selves commited, and rectify them, so that they go back to their own time and remain a couple without making those kinds of mistakes again.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By PowerHerc

Do I hate Cyclops?

Yeah, I pretty much do.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By daredevil21134

@PowerHerc said:

Do I hate Cyclops?

Yeah, I pretty much do.

Why

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.