Follow

Jean Grey

Character » Jean Grey appears in 8002 issues.

Jean Grey was one of the five original X-Men. An omega-level mutant telepath and powerful telekinetic, Jean has gained near limitless powers as a recurrent host of the Phoenix Force. She is known for her return from death and as the wife of Cyclops.

As a Jean Grey fan, do you like Emma Frost

• 54 results
    kai200995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kai200995

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ? Emma is obviously awesome character wise. Yeah she genuinely love him. Leading lady? No she just demands, they don't show why she deserves that position. Jean's Leading Lady status in New X-men and the 90s was needed and beneficial..

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ? Like I said the writers never gave a reason how she earned her authority over people like Storm and Rogue, and yes she uses Scott acceptance of her as a key to portray authority over the others.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ? Of coarse not, and if she do come back they should have Jean make everyone remember what she contributes as a leader slash consultant slash voice of reason slash powerhouse to back it up. It wouldn't be mature if the X-men push her away, that's uncalled for.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?Yes on both counts.

5) Would you prefer them to be friends? No.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ? No, unless she has no choice and accidently takes out her anger on her in a inevitable battle. Need good writers.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ? Jean and Scotts and yes BUT NOT AFTER 5 ISSUES! Jean needs a good writer that'll show what Scott is missing.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ? NO! ITS OLD.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ? Her characterization got screwed so bad that they don't know who she is. I do .Her return needs to be unexpected and needed plot-wise, and her rivalry should start over Emma authority over the X-men not Scott and a rivalry with Scott would make sense now.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ? Yeah. She pushes buttons.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@time said:

This thread is dedicated to Jean Grey's fans, not Emma Frost fans, but Emma fans, your more than welcome to post your opinions.

These questions are about how you feel about Jean and Emma.

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ?

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ?

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ?

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?

5) Would you prefer them to be friends?

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ?

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ?

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ?

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ?

Share your views, please.

1. Not really. Historically I prefer Emma as a villain. She was okay as a mentor in Gen X. I'm kinda iffy on her role now.

2. I don't consider her the leading lady.

3. No.

4. I'm glad Jean is back, but there is no rivalry since teen Jean has no interest in adult Scott.

5. No.

6. No.

7. Nope, Scott is too old.

8. Nope, Logan is too old.

9. No, she is dead.

10. Yes, very much.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#53 SC  Moderator

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey?

I like Emma Frost, I would say it depends how you define a good girlfriend, the word girlfriend is weird to me, I usually use the term partner when it comes to romantic and sexual couples, in that sense I would say that Emma was a great partner to Cyclops, she aided him in questioning himself, questioning his past relationships and experiences, question her, and in doing so explore himself, his motivations, his desires and I think thats a healthy assortment of experiences that make a person mature, grow and be wiser. I don't consider any single X-Character a leading anything. I think if such a character exists then the X-Franchise is failing. Has Emma been better than Jean Grey? Depends again how you define better. Emma was created under different circumstances than Jean and modernized characteristically in the 2000's, so I believe in many ways Emma is a better character based on how many great stories her characterization was relevant in per how many stories she has been in, on the other hand both her and Jean have been used very blandly and Jean was in many of the older greatest X-Men stories.

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top?

Emma is a fictional character, her ability to sleep to the top of a fictional comic book team is the same as Jean Grey's ability to steal 30 domestic cats and bake them in a pie and then eat that pie. A Generation X fan suggested to writer Grant Morrison that he would enjoy writing Emma Frost based on her characterization and his strengths, and he is a great writer who wrote her in great stories so its natural that the character would get popular and be used by other writers and enjoyed by fans who wanted to have her be used more.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was?

Jean Grey is a fictional character, what they deserve needs a point of reference. It would be harmful to the character to be treated better than another popular and well appreciated character. It would be a pretty poor financial and creative decision for Emma Frost to be pushed aside by X-Creators.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again?

Teen Jean? Not really, I would prefer adult Jean to be back and it would depend in either case as far as rivalry, thats a broad term.

Friendly maybe more than friends. Depends, I prefer that because Jean and Emma are so complicated and different as well as similar to each other, that terms like friends and rivals are too black and white as far as interactions between these two. Its a good thing, its a sign of a healthy character to have them clash, coexist and support certain other types of characters.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will, now that Jean a kid?

I really hope not, the two Jean's are different and Emma and any writer writing Emma should be smart enough to realize that.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott? What is the better relationship? Who is the better girlfriend?

I think all three characters are substantially better off without without poorly written and inspired romantic plots dragging them down. I don't know who is the better girlfriend, because I can't get past the idea behind such a question. I mean who between Jean and Emma bakes a better pie? Who between Emma and Jean can clean a kitchen better? Who between Jean and Emma can make a better sandwich? Jean and Emma to some have more personality, character and relevance than rotating around the Cyclops character and Cyclops quality of relationship will be subjective and be composed of multiple factors.

8) Will Marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they?

Teen Jean? Doubt it and no. Normal Jean? More possible but I would hope not.

9) Will Marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean Grey and should they?

Possibly eventually. I would hope so, but only under a good writer who knows their X-Men well and has a good story to integrate Jean into the modern era well.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey?

Haven't read enough to form a solid opinion.

C1N9T92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

1) Jean Grey fans, do you like Emma Frost, has she been a good girlfriend to Cyclops and a good X-Men leading lady. Has she better than Jean Grey ?

In general, not really, but I did like her in Astonishing X-Men (good writing I suppose). I hate how she treats Rachel (I feel she should be more empathetic towards her, but then again, that might not be Emma's style) I guess she has and I don't feel like the term leading lady suits her (despite how irrational that sounds).

2) Do you feel Emma Frost earn right to be X-Men leading lady or did she sleep her way to the top ?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

3) Does Jean deserve to be treated better than Emma, now that she back. Do you feel Emma will be push aside like Jean Grey was ?

Um, yes and ill will towards Jean is rooted in her own insecurities, not Jean's actions.

4) Are you glad Jean back, and you want to see there interesting rivalry again ?

Yes and glad to see her telepathically bitch slap Emma.

Nah.

6) Emma swore to get her revenge on Jean Grey, do you think she will , now that Jean a kid ?.

No.

7) In the future, should we see Jean and Scott back together or Emma and Scott ?. What is the better relationship ? Who is the better girlfriend ?

While I prefer Jean/Scott, I'd actually like to see Scott be his own man, like he is now. If there is a future thing with 616Jean/Scott, I do want them to have a proper discussion of their past and maybe I'd feel better about the whole thing ending. I also think considering what they've gone they're were a better relationship and can't answer the last part.

8) Will marvel hook up Jean with Logan at some point and should they ?

Never, I'd prefer Jean/Warren than that.

9) Will marvel ever return the 616 version of Jean grey and should they ?

I hope so.

10) Are you liking Bendis's Jean Grey ?

She's a bit bratty, but in an understandable way. Future Jeen, errrr. The Beast/Jean thing was a bit weird though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.