Follow

Jason Voorhees

Character » Jason Voorhees appears in 105 issues.

Mommy's boy and legendary Crystal Lake 'Slasher', Jason was the multi homicidal main character of the Friday The 13th, franchise. Seeking for vengeance, Jason is considered the most brutal mass killer of all time in the film world.

Who could Jason get the drop on?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

I seem to have FT13th on the brain lately. << I apologize for that, I know a lot on here either  1. Don't like him, or 2. Don't think hes much of anything  but I wanna see if anyone has some thoughts. Now as some may know, Jason is pretty much a killer who is able to sneak around without getting caught and is hardly ever seen by his victim(unless the plot dictates it, which usually isn't until near the end of the movies but usually there could be the 1 or 2 that see him but he ends up killing them shortly thereafter). 

So the question for all you folks is, which comic characters(street level) would Jason be able to get the drop on? Bare in mind, that Jason isn't one of those villains that drags his feet or gives his opponents a fighting chance so keep in mind these 3 things before saying something. 

1. Super Strength 

2. Goes straight for the kill. 

3. Is never seen(or its a very rare thing.) 

Also don't worry, this will be my last FT13th thread....well maybe not, I dunno...no promises!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

People don't give Jason enough respect, to me he's better than Michael Myers will ever be. As for the thread...I dunno, it would have to be someone without super senses, and who doesn't have ninja skillz of their own. Also, if they're a horny teenager, that could help too.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @The Stegman said:

People don't give Jason enough respect, to me he's better than Michael Myers will ever be. As for the thread...I dunno, it would have to be someone without super senses, and who doesn't have ninja skillz of their own. Also, if they're a horny teenager, that could help too.

Now, now, Jason has killed more then just teenagers. :P But ya your right on the senses, but I dunno about ninja skills...I mean what good are they if he gets behind said person and crushes their skull with his bare hands of runs his machete right through em? Jason doesn't really make any noise, when he is stalking remember. This is who he can get the drop on, not so much fighting just who could he get a hold of.
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@Wolfrazer said:

@The Stegman said:

Now, now, Jason has killed more then just teenagers. :P But ya your right on the senses, but I dunno about ninja skills...I mean what good are they if he gets behind said person and crushes their skull with his bare hands of runs his machete right through em? Jason doesn't really make any noise, when he is stalking remember. This is who he can get the drop on, not so much fighting just who could he get a hold of.

Nah, I don't mean fighting skills, I mean training to be a ninja, like Batman, Elektra, Daredevil etc, you train in the art of stealth, meaning it's easy for you to sneak up on someone, AND you know when you're being approached without even having to look.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @The Stegman said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@The Stegman said:

Nah, I don't mean fighting skills, I mean training to be a ninja, like Batman, Elektra, Daredevil etc, you train in the art of stealth, meaning it's easy for you to sneak up on someone, AND you know when you're being approached without even having to look.

Hmm...point taken, alright I guess those characters would be out then. Hmm....Punisher? Green Arrow?
    Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

Punisher nah, I think the key to Jason success is inexperience and as mentioned stealth. So if say the Young Avengers or Teen Titans went in the woods to party, he'd have the jump on them do too inexperience and ultimately lead into how every Friday the 13th ends with the most innocent one surviving in the end.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Rabidwolfdog said:

Punisher nah, I think the key to Jason success is inexperience and as mentioned stealth. So if say the Young Avengers or Teen Titans went in the woods to party, he'd have the jump on them do too inexperience and ultimately lead into how every Friday the 13th ends with the most innocent one surviving in the end.

Inexperience in what way? Jason has taken on cops/gov't forces before, and also big guys too maybe not as big as Punisher but even so.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

Punisher would make Jason into swiss cheese.

Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@Wolfrazer: Inexperience over people like your average small town cop. The only time I saw a ridiculous come back by Jason was Space Jason in Jason X. But Sure hes taken on government forces, Special Ops , but they most of the time are not aware of how unstoppable Jason is. Punisher on the other hand has clashed with foes of the type and would be resilient enough to keep shooting till InnerVenom said "Swish Cheese", because one mistake that is made over and over, after Jason gets shot down, they check to see if hes dead, wrong, you keep fighting him till hes back in hell.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Rabidwolfdog said:

@Wolfrazer: Inexperience over people like your average small town cop. The only time I saw a ridiculous come back by Jason was Space Jason in Jason X. But Sure hes taken on government forces, Special Ops , but they most of the time are not aware of how unstoppable Jason is. Punisher on the other hand has clashed with foes of the type and would be resilient enough to keep shooting till InnerVenom said "Swish Cheese", because one mistake that is made over and over, after Jason gets shot down, they check to see if hes dead, wrong, you keep fighting him till hes back in hell.

While true, this thread is for who he can get the drop on. Meaning take by surprise, not so much fighting. Should probably also clarify, that said character getting dropped upon would have no knowledge they would be stalked and the like, unless they have super senses. Though I find it rather funny, that no one in the movies or comics never really smelled Jason...even without super smell you'd think someone would smell a rotting corpse behind them. 

But then...perhaps he doesn't give off an odor? Doesn't really seem to make any noise either.
    Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@Wolfrazer said:

@Rabidwolfdog said:

While true, this thread is for who he can get the drop on. Meaning take by surprise, not so much fighting. Should probably also clarify, that said character getting dropped upon would have no knowledge they would be stalked and the like, unless they have super senses. Though I find it rather funny, that no one in the movies or comics never really smelled Jason...even without super smell you'd think someone would smell a rotting corpse behind them. But then...perhaps he doesn't give off an odor? Doesn't really seem to make any noise either.

Lol I would imagine he smells pretty putrid . Hence why a tracker like Wolverine would pick him up miles away. Reason why I feel Punisher would pick up hes being stalked, He possesses a good set of tracking from being at war in the jungles where they listen for foot steps, animals scurrying away , maybe its just " too quite". So Jason could get the jump on many Super Heroes, because all it takes is inexperience and one stealthy machete strike. And there is a number of Heroes who fit that area of weakness.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Rabidwolfdog said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Rabidwolfdog said:

While true, this thread is for who he can get the drop on. Meaning take by surprise, not so much fighting. Should probably also clarify, that said character getting dropped upon would have no knowledge they would be stalked and the like, unless they have super senses. Though I find it rather funny, that no one in the movies or comics never really smelled Jason...even without super smell you'd think someone would smell a rotting corpse behind them. But then...perhaps he doesn't give off an odor? Doesn't really seem to make any noise either.

Lol I would imagine he smells pretty putrid . Hence why a tracker like Wolverine would pick him up miles away. Reason why I feel Punisher would pick up hes being stalked, He possesses a good set of tracking from being at war in the jungles where they listen for foot steps, animals scurrying away , maybe its just " too quite". So Jason could get the jump on many Super Heroes, because all it takes is inexperience and one stealthy machete strike. And there is a number of Heroes who fit that area of weakness.

True, but even the most experienced can get surprised(though thats much harder to do). :P So whom do you think Jason could get the drop on?
    Rabidwolfdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabidwolfdog

@Wolfrazer: I dunno Tony Stark unarmed on the can maybe? He wouldnt see that coming

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @Rabidwolfdog said:

@Wolfrazer: I dunno Tony Stark unarmed on the can maybe? He wouldnt see that coming

XD Oh come on. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.