Follow

Jason Voorhees

Character » Jason Voorhees appears in 105 issues.

Mommy's boy and legendary Crystal Lake 'Slasher', Jason was the multi homicidal main character of the Friday The 13th, franchise. Seeking for vengeance, Jason is considered the most brutal mass killer of all time in the film world.

About Jason's Intelligence...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Something doesn't really add up here about his intellect. It says that he has the brain of a Dinosaur, which looking that up suggests that Jason would be stupid(extremely). However...looking through the movies, he actually seems to have intelligence to... 

1. Carefully stalk his victims, until the right moment. 

2. Hiding the bodies, and using them to terrorize the other people. 

3. Able to use a variety of tools to kill.  

4. Able to make traps.

Now I have no doubt, that some Dinosaur's would be able to stalk what they are hunting to eat and I realize that they don't need to do the other 3 points. However, if Jason had the brain of a dinosaur...then how would he know when to strike or the other things mentioned? 

Now your probably thinking, that it doesn't take much to kill a human being...especially if the killer is an undead zombie who has super strength, a healing factor and durability. Well...its not so much that he kills people...but its more the way he goes about doing so. 

Am not saying that Jason is a genius or anything like that, but....him having the brain of a dinosaur? Really?....Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Wolfrazer:

Yeah I think it is utterly ridiculous too to be honest.Wasn't that from Jason X too? Well the film isn't exactly stellar so I wouldn't take that as gospel.

I mean he knows what he is doing I mean just like you list on how he plans his kills,he is also capable off differentiating between who to kill and who not to.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Rumble Man

BB - bad

TDK - good

TDKR - bad

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I say it's what powers him. It's obviously an evil force for powering him for evil purposes. Plus, it's a slasher flick, I wouldn't think too hard on it.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @mrdecepticonleader:  Ya it was from Jason X, and also sadly part of the series.  On that note though, in a comic continuing off of that Jason X did survive re-entry into Earth and faced off against...himself and killed himself before cracking open the other self's skull and putting that brain to his....for some weird reason.

@jloneblackheart:  True I suppose..but I think the evil powers just goes as far as him not being able to die and giving him powers. I mean before that, he was able to make himself a shelter and live off the land.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The world is filled with people who make shelter and live off the land... and they have little to no education whatsoever. It's basic survival and how our race lived for thousands of years.

I just think his purpose is killing machine, that's how he's wired.

Also, I confess to enjoying Jason X.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rumble Man said:

BB - bad

TDK - good

TDKR - bad

? Wrong thread maybe?

@Wolfrazer: Well it really doesn't make sense,I don't take it seriously and actually just ignore it.I mean maybe the writers were just having a little joker?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wolfrazer
    @mrdecepticonleader:  /shrug The very least it shows that Jason survived and actually still didn't die because of his son. Yes he has a son, a woman got injected with his DNA and ya...but anyway his son launched him to an uninhabited moon so...he's just hanging there.
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer said:

@mrdecepticonleader: /shrug The very least it shows that Jason survived and actually still didn't die because of his son. Yes he has a son, a woman got injected with his DNA and ya...but anyway his son launched him to an uninhabited moon so...he's just hanging there.

Yeah I suppose.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.