Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Will Jason Todd ever get a girlfriend?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JasonTodd13

Dick Grayson and Tim Drake are the Robins that have the most romantic interests, even Damian is apparently shown to have an interest in Stephanie Brown (so I have heard), but the one Robin who hasnt had any serious Romantic interests is Jason Todd. He slept with Talia, shown an interest in Donna Troy and apparently dating a woman named Isabel in the new 52, but he has never had a serious romantic interest and relationship. Is he to much of a angry character to get a romantic interest, does he even want to be with someone, or does he want to be alone? OR is he like Bane and says: 'No Woman will love me"?

Please dont suggest he become a homosexual, this topic about him being straight, and about him getting a girlfriend.

Red Hood
    Red Hood
    wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By wessaari

mmhhhmm, idk. I have a feeling Isabel is either going to die, or she and Jason wont get serious. But that is a nice though, he is secretive, has an angry side, but he has been a guy who has been more on the short term. In Rhto he had relations with a girl names Essence. She is this immortal girl with powers, and a bit like Raven, but that didnt end well

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

For all intents and purposes, right now Isabel is his girlfriend.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JasonTodd13

@god_spawn: nah, hes just using her to try and find out what its like to date women.

Isabel is a horrible name for a women, it sounds like Jezebel, and its the type of name for women who betray people.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@JasonTodd13: Too bad he genuinely cares for her. But honestly, this little back and forth between us is getting old when you haven't even read the series.

Have a good day, sir.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JasonTodd13

@god_spawn: too bad he doesnt care for her. using her and all that, and i think she might betray Jason, since she has a name like that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@JasonTodd13: I'm just gonna say that you're probably trolling at this point. So I'll leave it at that and let you continue your little tirade of what is and isn't happening with the character.

Good day, sir.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JasonTodd13

@god_spawn: clearly you dont what troll is, i dont do trolling, but people like you do, goodbye.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

@god_spawn: too bad he doesnt care for her. using her and all that, and i think she might betray Jason, since she has a name like that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@wessaari: It's no use, dude.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wessaari

@god_spawn: like when the whole thing started on my post, it was fine. I agreed with his position, but then he just goes into blatant ignorance of what is going on, i feel like banging my head against a wall. Im not tryin to be mean to the guy, but jeez. ignorance is freaking bliss

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wessaari said:

@god_spawn: like when the whole thing started on my post, it was fine. I agreed with his position, but then he just goes into blatant ignorance of what is going on, i feel like banging my head against a wall. Im not tryin to be mean to the guy, but jeez. ignorance is freaking bliss

Willful ignorance is one of the most annoying things in the world, but there's nothing to be done about it. Nice scan by the way to sum up your point.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: heh, for all we know she works for the joker, like a secret villain like Talia in the Dark Knight Rises.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@JasonTodd13 said:

@wessaari: heh, for all we know she works for the joker, like a secret villain like Talia in the Dark Knight Rises.

She is a flight attendant that thought Jason was cute back in issue 2 and gave him her number. She became his girlfriend and then was drugged by the Joker to near fatal amounts to get to Jason. Aside from that she has nothing to do with Joker.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By queenfrost_

I think in Issue #22 of Batgirl v3, someone sent in a suggestion of Stephanie Brown and Jason Todd. And it actually sounded plausible...But idk with the New 52 now. I think he is fine with Isabel.

Also whats with the emphasis on 'straight'? I don't think he's ever explicitly stated he is heterosexual O_O

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should date Harley Quinn.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JasonTodd13

@queenfrost_: Its pretty obvious hes straight, hes ever only shown an interest in women.

@god_spawn: And how would you know that? The Death of the Family hasnt finished yet, so its still possible, with a name like hers, I wouldnt be surprised of betrayal. And shes not really his girlfriend, more like hes using her.

@DeathpooltheT1000: LOL, youre joking!

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18  Edited By McKlayn

She could be working with Joker, I highly HIGHLY doubt it. But even if she is, HE CARES for her. So he is NOT using her, she may be using him but again i HIGHLY doubt it. Comics are comics and Spiderman made a deal with the devil so anything can happen (even if they shouldn't) but for now, and the reason why your question (at least new 52 wise) is really invalid, he has a girlfriend that he cares about.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By queenfrost_

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

He should date Harley Quinn.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JasonTodd13

LOL, harley and Jason, seriously people, the crazy things you think up.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonTodd13 said:

LOL, harley and Jason, seriously people, the crazy things you think up.

To be honest is one of the most popular post 52 fan pairings.

Angry sex, what could be better?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wessaari

so you are seriously judgin the character you have read nothing about by her name? pretty petty if you ask me, so petty its freaking Tom Petty

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: who are you talking to? I know who harley quinn is.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: im talking about Isabel

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: Everyone can tell by her name that shes a treacherous wrench, name is similar to jezebel which spells that she might sell jason to the joker like jasons real mom sheila haywood did. she sounds like she doesnt have a good personality, i heard she whines about wanting to go home. Plus no girl in the right mind would want to flirt with jason, as his attitude and personality, gives people a bad impression of him.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: Jason flirted with her and got her number, and really? She was whining about wanting to go home because she was on a damn space ship being attacked by aliens. If you are going to seriously judge her by her name, when you ahve no knowledge of her character, than im sorry but thats just ignorant and stupid

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel the need to point out that Post-Flashpoint Jason's mom didn't sell him to anyone. Joker manipulated the situation and kept her from Jason, then allowed them to meet again to draw Jason out and kill him. His mom had nothing to do with any of that. Also, the name Isabel has no negative connotations associated with it like the name Jezebel does

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: hes not really interested in her you know, he wants to know what its like if his life was different and that if he was able to date. And all she does is whine, a more suitable match for jason wouldnt whine and help take down aliens and be excited to be in an alien space ship, as its different from normal boring as life. I know shes a flight attendant, and you cant tell me shes not the type that would not betray jason in a heart beat.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

@wessaari: hes not really interested in her you know, he wants to know what its like if his life was different and that if he was able to date. And all she does is whine, a more suitable match for jason wouldnt whine and help take down aliens and be excited to be in an alien space ship, as its different from normal boring as life. I know shes a flight attendant, and you cant tell me shes not the type that would not betray jason in a heart beat.

its ridiculous how u think you know the series without having read it. like it all comes down to you having no idea what is going on in the story and claiming what jason knows, and feels. im fed up

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: this isnt about what i think, this is about whether or not jason will get a girlfriend or not, hes still currently available, as he has no commitment to isabel. i dont think, i know what jason is like and nothing anyone can say that will change that. if you are fed up then basically ignore my comments, get on with the topic of the threads, or go somewhere else, you dont need to argue with me.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

i dont think, i know what jason is like and nothing anyone can say that will change that.

That right there is why no one can have a conversation with you about Jason Todd.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: thats because we see jason the right way, and you guys are keep trying to make me see jason in the wrong way.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: you are the definition of arrogance

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: you dont know what arrogance is, look at how Jason is portrayed in under the hood storyline, that is how i see jason.

Shutdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shutdown

Wow.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

@wessaari: you dont know what arrogance is, look at how Jason is portrayed in under the hood storyline, that is how i see jason.

Under the Red Hood is only one story dude, there are many other stories that paint him in a different light. Some stories make him crazier, while others make him not so crazy. You are only holding your position on that one story and to say that he hasnt change and will never change whne you havent read the newer stories, that is arrogance. You say you know him, that you see him the right way. You arent Jason Todd, you arent his writer, you are a reader, and readers have different opinions, but when you ignore what has happened and claim to know what is best and are so determined in your very narrowed way of thinking, that right there is arrogance and ignorance

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JasonTodd13

under the red hood may be one story but it is an important one which shows and depicts what he has become, sure hes a little different in the following stories but hes basically the same in them, he still kills criminals and attacks the bat family, trying to kill them. you have no undeniable evidence that says hes changed, so you are in no position to say hes changed. I never said i was jason, i never said im his writer, so stop assuming that i think those things when i dont. you are arrogant to believe that jason can change and move on from his death, thats the show of arrogance and ignorance, i am going on the stories i have read, and what i have read up on RHATO, he has not changed end of story. Are you still plan on arguing with me, or are you even going to bother comment on the topic of this thread?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: i did but u made a ridiculous explanation of the girl Jason is currently with

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Yeah, this thread's the same as the other one with a very easy answer. Yes, because he already has one right now. How serious it'll get depends on the outcome of the current situation. Joker's kidnapped her though so there's a very good chance she could die, especially seeing as this event is supposed to leave everyone involved scarred in some way.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By wessaari

How does your version of Jason Todd differ from Judd Winick's and Grant Morrison's version of the character?

I don't see Jason as obsessed as he is with the past, with Gotham, with putting out fire with fire the way he has in his fight against crime. I think they were all great stories, but we're moving past that the same way most people do with their lives as they grow and change through experiences.

this is an interview from Scott Lobdell, the writer on RHTO on Jason.

It is actually here on ComicVine, heres the link

http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lobdell/26-40996/scott-lobdell-answers-questions-on-jason-todd-superboy-teen-titans-more/92-633437/#30

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wessaari

heres another thing

Scott Lobdell answering questions on ComicVine

Also will Jason still hate the Bat-family?

I don’t think he hates them. I think he finds their methods to be, well, stupid and self-limiting. But as far as hate? I think he is more likely to hide in the bushes at Wayne Manor on Thanksgiving Day and look at everyone eating turkey dinner by a roaring fireplace and wondering why he isn’t inside with the others — wondering if maybe he couldn’t have made different choices. But I don’t think that’s hate.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari said:

heres another thing

Scott Lobdell answering questions on ComicVine

Also will Jason still hate the Bat-family?

I don’t think he hates them. I think he finds their methods to be, well, stupid and self-limiting. But as far as hate? I think he is more likely to hide in the bushes at Wayne Manor on Thanksgiving Day and look at everyone eating turkey dinner by a roaring fireplace and wondering why he isn’t inside with the others — wondering if maybe he couldn’t have made different choices. But I don’t think that’s hate.

I actually remember reading that interview and thought that part was extremely touching, as well as true to the character. Of course you realize its useless telling JasonTodd13 right? Point anything a writer says about Jason that he doesn't agree with and he'll say the writer hates Jason or some other type of nonsense.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: only because its true, and shes the least important person in jasons life.

@Nathaniel_Christopher: This thread is different from the other one, the other one was asking if jason had a girlfriend at all in the past, this asks will jason get a girlfriend. Isabel isnt his girlfriend, they have been one date, and they never said they were boyfriend and girlfriend.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: and you know this how, oh wait you havent read any of RHTO and his reaction to her possible death was so freaking benign that his enraged face and threatening to kill Joker if she did die meant nothing

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: if youre talking to me then my interpretation is the same as Judd Winicks interpretation in under the hood. Theres nothing for jason to do than hold onto his past to motivate himself into killing criminals. Jason is a character that cant move on from the past, because its impossible to move on for him, he was murdered in the worse way possible, in realistic terms no one can move on from that if it happened in real life, they keep it realistic in the comics, by making jason continue to dwell on the past.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By wessaari

im seriously banging my head against the wall right not, this is behind arrogance or ignorance, this is freaking stupidity. You have freaking done it, im done holding back my tongue. You sir, have no clue what you are talking about, no one will take you seriously, no one will believe you because you dont know anything about New 52 Jason. It is incredible that your ignorance has driven me to this level. YOu are so freaking petty, and childish, i feel like i ahve to change your diaper once you realize that you are indefinably wrong

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13: Ya cause the writer saying he is changing means nothing right

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: He naturally hates the death of innocent people like her, as it relates to him he was an innocent person when he was murdered. So he would naturally threaten to kill the joker if the joker threatened a person he either knows or dont knows.

JasonTodd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JasonTodd13

@wessaari: what the writer says means nothing to me, the only thing that matters to me is what happens in the DCU comic book stories.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wessaari

@JasonTodd13 said:

@wessaari: what the writer says means nothing to me, the only thing that matters to me is what happens in the DCU comic book stories.

THERE, THERE IT IS AGAIN. THAT IS FREAKING IGNORANCE DUDE, YOU ARE SIMPLY JUST INGORING WHAT YOU DONT LIKE, MAKING EXCUSES FOR IT AND PUTTING IN WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT!!! Really then dont read RHTO, because you seriously will not enjoy it because you arent willing to accept change.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.