Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Sons of the Bat

• 84 results
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BatteredArmor

I actually think that Tim and Jason's relationship will be significantly better in the New 52, Lobdell said in an interview with Newsarama that at least one part of their interaction would completely shock us, and since we're expecting them to kill each other that wouldn't exactly...how did he put it make us "stand on the table and spit out our cheerios"? (the quote was along those lines). Plus Jason comes to help Tim in RHTO #9 but of curse that could just be pay back for the jail break thing if that's still canon, and finally if Jason was called to a meeting of Robins I suspect he would have someone there on his side so he doesn't get ambushed and shipped to Arkham. Plus Lobdells writing them both so Tim would be the easiest robin for him to get the A.O.K on not hating Todd. I expect that Jason and some other Robin (at this point Tim seems most likely) are at least on speaking terms.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#52  Edited By ReVamp

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

True. But after Jason became Red Hood, there seems to be a lot of respect from the both of them TO the both of them.

Not respect. Dick wants to help Jason, and Jason was mad at the world.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

True. But after Jason became Red Hood, there seems to be a lot of respect from the both of them TO the both of them.

Not respect. Dick wants to help Jason, and Jason was mad at the world.

You can be mad at someone and still respect them.

@BlackArmor said:

I actually think that Tim and Jason's relationship will be significantly better in the New 52, Lobdell said in an interview with Newsarama that at least one part of their interaction would completely shock us, and since we're expecting them to kill each other that wouldn't exactly...how did he put it make us "stand on the table and spit out our cheerios"? (the quote was along those lines). Plus Jason comes to help Tim in RHTO #9 but of curse that could just be pay back for the jail break thing if that's still canon, and finally if Jason was called to a meeting of Robins I suspect he would have someone there on his side so he doesn't get ambushed and shipped to Arkham. Plus Lobdells writing them both so Tim would be the easiest robin for him to get the A.O.K on not hating Todd. I expect that Jason and some other Robin (at this point Tim seems most likely) are at least on speaking terms.

I already know... and Lobdell himself said that in issue 8 of RHatO Jason and Tim have an awkward moment because Jason feels badly about how he treated Tim in the past. And he said Tim's response was gonna be somethin' like: "Look, you got murdered, you came back to life, you were mad, I get it. It happens."

So their relationship will get a little better. And I don't think the family is still tryin' to put Jason in Arkham.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Rabbit_May_Cry: Really? I missed that, where was it stated?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ReVamp

@Rabbit_May_Cry: You can, he had some semblance of respect, but nothing above average. He respects Bruce though, just thoroughly disagrees with him.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@BlackArmor said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry: Really? I missed that, where was it stated?

Somewhere in his most recent interview. I think USA Today or somethin'.

@ReVamp said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry: You can, he had some semblance of respect, but nothing above average. He respects Bruce though, just thoroughly disagrees with him.

I think it was still above average respect. As Jason went out of his way at times to help Grayson. Like when Deathstroke set Black Lightnin' up.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Rabbit_May_Cry: Appreciated

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ReVamp

@Rabbit_May_Cry: He's a good guy. Like the Punisher.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Deranged Midget

That's a spectacular image. I'd love to see a book go in that direction though.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@BlackArmor: No problem. Need to spread more possibilities of this happenin'.

@ReVamp: I never said that Jason wasn't good. I said that he goes out of his way to help him. Why help someone you don't have much respect for?

@Deranged Midget: Wouldn't we all. I'd kick a midget down a very long flight of stairs for this...not YOU of course.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ReVamp

@Rabbit_May_Cry: For the same reason you'd help someone at all.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Rabbit_May_Cry: I'm watching you...

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@ReVamp: There's a difference in someone needin' help right in your area, and you helpin' him..and...goin' out of your way to someone, KNOWIN' it's goin' to turn into a fight, but still wantin' to help them.

Jason is a good guy...but he ain't THAT good.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@Deranged Midget said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry: I'm watching you...

Just don't watch me too close to the stairs.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ReVamp

@Rabbit_May_Cry: I didn't read it, so I won't comment.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@ReVamp: Fair enough.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And then Micheal Bay is going to make all of them Aliens!!!

Ah sorry, i dont know, but i always think that Jason have some respect for Tim, i mean their relationship wasnt a totally cold one.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#68  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen

this would be epic but there would have to be a story not just a big battle beteween them all

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@DeathpooltheT1000: I don't think it's complete hate either. I just believe that Jason never allowed himself any type of relationship with Tim, because of how they started out...(Jason believin' that Tim was just his replacement, and all that).

@Arkhamc1tizen: That's what this is about...a book about a sorta-team that they would be. It's not just a fight and everyone goes on their merry way. It would be a book book of how they came together, joined up, and how they try to make it work because they ARE brothers.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

s@Rabbit_May_Cry: The main problem of Jason, is the same that most of Badass, for some reason have feeling for people he say or look it didnt have feeling for.

Jason cares for Tim and Dick, more that he wants to.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@DeathpooltheT1000:

That's true, but I wouldn't call it a problem. I myself tend not to let people know the actual extent at which I DO care for them. That's 1 of the reasons why Jason Todd IS my favorite DC character. We just have so much in common. So I understand, and can make sense out of practically everything he does.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By wessaari

na man, jason has outright spoken that even though he might not like drake he respects him alot. i just bought the new outlaws and there is a huge convo between tim and jason right before the teen titans arc starts and right before the night of the owls arc. they seem to be on ok terms and tim says he would like to get past everything that happened and jason said its possible. when jason is about to leave tim offers him breakfast to which jason replies "what if bruce saw you being so nice to me" which tim responds that bruce isnt there. there is a bond between these two, not the strongest but there is a bond. as for dick and jason i see dick trying his hardest to help jason but jason cant stand him that much, so theres hostility there. everything else seems about right relationship wise though but i think batman and robin should focus more on damian instead of mostly bruce trying to control him, the last couple issues werent bad and we'll hopefully see damian fight a talon

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By htb106

you talking about an ongoing or a story arc because for an actual book there wouldn't be room because after the second wave there'll be 12 bat- books. it'd be a good idea though.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By Funrush

I would buy this over Batman Inc. any day. If there is ever a bat series cancelled, either this or a Red Robin series should be made immediately.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#75  Edited By BlueLantern1995
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: Definitely would get this. And while I understand the point...I understand Tim...we make similar decisions in similar scenarios...LOL. We tend to respect Batman, but see his mistakes and disobey them in order to correct them, Dick we tend to like though certain things need correcting, Damian we see as a little brother who needs protecting...but he is a thorn in our side because he won't stop bothering us.
    Jason, we see as our equal, and that is the problem...there is a rivalry, that's why they don't like each other. However if we're both framed for murder or some crime and are forced to run together we could eventually be friends...probably deeper friends than any other cause we're both so similar.
    I agree it would make a interesting comic. The rivalry would end eventually if the situation is right. It strikes me as Jason wants to prove himself better than Tim, time and time again. And Tim is trying to do the same. I can make sense of everything Tim does and do not see hatred living between them...at least not forever for Tim. Respect will grow to like and like to love like a brother.
    I actually picture Damian dying and all of them would go, not to defeat, but to kill Damian's killer( Joker would be a interesting choice), cause I think they all picture him as the little annoying brother who gets in your hair. I respect, agree(  a lot of the time...not all the time), and often times side with Jason and understand his moves as much as you do, however it is because of Tim's perspective. I understand but see the wrong and their in lies the problem. We feel like a replacement too...a replacement for Jason. 
    The real problem I see is Grayson...let me explain. He is the big brother and loves them both, however he does see Jason's problems and tries to steer Tim away from that path. Jason even would do the same. He strikes me as the Jason who didn't turn bad by Joker though other differences are obviously there. Jason...though I don't understand him as much as you do, strikes me as hating himself more than anyone...even Tim...perhaps his endless question shows self doubt...is his replacement better than him? I don't know...wanna here your thoughts on my own thoughts.
    Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Primmaster64 said:

Everytime Jason and Dick are in the same book...I see them fight about something.

Apparently now they're friends

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
    redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this book is made there should be an arc called Sins of the Father, Binds of the past or something like that

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BatteredArmor

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@Primmaster64 said:

Everytime Jason and Dick are in the same book...I see them fight about something.

Apparently now they're friends

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That's Jason and Tim, Jason and Dick will more and than likely still try beat the crap out of each other every time they're in the same room

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the only one that belives his problems are with Dick and Bruce for what i see.

This one make sense.

Netherith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Netherith

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@Afro_Warrior: I guess that's where we have a difference in opinion. To you that may say that she was adopted, but to me...that's not sayin' he adopted her. It's like if I said ..."skittles are tasty"...that doesn't mean that I ate any skittles, that just means that I'm aware that of them bein' tasty. Meanin' that Grayson was aware that Bruce was goin' to adopt Cassandra, and at first it didn't sit well hearin' of it. But it in no way says he did it yet. But again, the past means nothin' as she's not in the new universe yet so we don't know how she's gonna become part of the family this time.

Hint hint...Jason&Cassandra...hint hint...(looking around)...Hey, wishful thinkin'...a man can dream.

I'm going to settle this.

Cassandra's adoption did go through.

When? During the Batman and the Outsiders run which happened after the miniseries but before R.I.P.

Official validation: Aside from the already mentioned comic appearances; issue 37 of the DC Comics Super Hero Collection series (an official magazine with DC input with info on each character along with a figurine, etc) states that the adoption went through.

Now, on their own they perhaps hold little merit, but all together we have official comic book mentions, logical timeline allowance and official info book statements that Cassandra's adoption did go through.

And now, moving on.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By htb106

In RHATO #8 Tim and Jason have a sit-down chat over breakfast.

DB150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DB150

This rumor has been going on for almost a year and nothing has said since and if this rumour was true

wouldn't the comic be done by now and jeff lemire doesn't seem to writing

it any time soon

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

lol

DB150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DB150

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.