Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

New thread for BnR#23

Avatar image for theincrediblezero
    theincrediblezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theincrediblezero

Alright, I think it's about time for a new thread. In anticipation of Batman and Robin #23, we hear the Jason is getting transferred for "good behaviour", and that though he does leave prison, it's not of his own choosing. Do you think this is Jason genuinely reflecting on his new path in life, or is it just him scheming to get out? I'd like to think that Jason might actually be condisering returning to the right side of the law, despite Winick's view of him as a villain. And what about who's breaking him out? Do you think it's a familiar organisation (someone like Talia) or another original/shitty villain for BnR?

/discuss

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @theincrediblezero: Well man I have to agree with you on him becoming more of a good guy. And there are three possibilities that I have in mind on who it is that breaks Jason out. Number one is the League of Assassins. I mean Talia has helped Jason out before, but I'm not a 100% sure on that because of how things are now. Number 2 is a tie between the Secret Six and the Terror Titans. They both have everything to gain and nothing to lose by breaking him out. the third and final one that I think is a possibility is Bruce and the Bat Family themselves. 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedHoodJT: ain't Bruce gonna visit Jason in this ark?
    Jor-el Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jor-el Zod
    @Primmaster64: 
    dought it. he won't even go visit cassandra.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Jor-el Zod: This is the first time since UTH that Bruce talks to Jason.
    Jor-el Zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jor-el Zod
    @Primmaster64: 
    Dude sorry to say but he threw a baterang in his throught. he don't give a sh!t
    georgethecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By georgethecat

Bruce and Jason are going to talk. Winick has already spoken about it at Wonder Con and in a few interviews. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @theincrediblezero: Well man I have to agree with you on him becoming more of a good guy. And there are three possibilities that I have in mind on who it is that breaks Jason out. Number one is the League of Assassins. I mean Talia has helped Jason out before, but I'm not a 100% sure on that because of how things are now. Number 2 is a tie between the Secret Six and the Terror Titans. They both have everything to gain and nothing to lose by breaking him out. the third and final one that I think is a possibility is Bruce and the Bat Family themselves.  "
    I say none of them,what does the SS have to gain? It's Jason himself.
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

According to the solicits, whoever breaks him out will want a favor in return which will be something Jason wants no part of. That will lead to him and B&R teaming up.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedHoodJT

@entropy_aegis: What don't the SS gain by helping Jason out? I mean in a way Jason is very much like Batman. To have someone on the SS with the same skill set as the guy that has taken them all out before what would they have to lose?

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Grubich

I'd say Dr. Hurt but Joker killed him didn't he?

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @Unwritten Duck: Well you have a point but that doesn't mean that they aren't just keeping it quiet. Like real hush hush stuff. But Winick does do original stuff so it could be a group he created or something. Who knows.
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By saiyan_earthling
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @RedHoodJT: ain't Bruce gonna visit Jason in this ark? "
    All in due time my friend. Come to think of it, it actually has been a while since we spoke lol
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodJT

Bruce is supposed to talk with Jason. I'm going with he talks with him right before he is transferred on good behavior.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedHoodsDen

It's probably Superman or something. I really doubt they'd redeem Jason this way at all, or set this up before Winick's arc. The suit looks exactly the same as when the last Wingman wore it, nothing's been adapted to scream "Red Hood"! It's probably Superman. A meta pretending to be a regular ol' vigilante is the only thing missing from Morrison's arc. Really wouldn't surprise me if it's Clark and this is how he can get involved in Inc as an ace in the hole. As other people pointed out, Morrison likes to do the guess who's behind the mask shtick,  see Xorn or Sexton. No way this is Jason though.  

No Caption Provided
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedHoodJT

I haven't even kept up with Batman Inc. I think its a lame story. I might have to check this out now. Damn you guys for showing me this. lol.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " It's probably Superman or something. I really doubt they'd redeem Jason this way at all, or set this up before Winick's arc. The suit looks exactly the same as when the last Wingman wore it, nothing's been adapted to scream "Red Hood"! It's probably Superman. A meta pretending to be a regular ol' vigilante is the only thing missing from Morrison's arc. Really wouldn't surprise me if it's Clark and this is how he can get involved in Inc as an ace in the hole. As other people pointed out, Morrison likes to do the guess who's behind the mask shtick,  see Xorn or Sexton. No way this is Jason though.  
    No Caption Provided
    "
    You know,the mask does have a JPV vibe to it.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Yeah it also has a Robocop, Knight, Owlman, or Prometheus vibe to it. Also...a Batman vibe. Bwahaha. Everyone's just gonna see what they want to. 

What do I really get out of all this?

"Who does Batman take with him on dates?"
    "Wingman"

Christ I kill me.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

Imagine Jason dressed up like that though.priceless.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64

Jason killed like100 people in the comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.