Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Metahuman Jason Todd

Avatar image for someoneonthissite
    someoneonthissite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now hear me out,

I know that a lot of people will disagree with this, but putting differences aside, I've always wondered what would happen if somehow or someway, Jason acquired powers or abilities because, across the internet, a lot of debate has revolved around how Jason hasn't really been given his own "voice" and writers have made him inconsistent throughout the years.

A lot of points have been made on how he should be revamped or be put in a different setting to make him stand out, so you could say this a chance for a discussion on how giving him metahuman abilities can put him under a different light than the rest of the family.

If you want to go in depth on how his powers are described or how the DC universe can change to fit him, you are free to do so. Personally, I think it would be cool to give him the blacklight virus(Prototype, Prototype 2) because the amount of chaos and terror he would bring to criminals would be just awesome.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I would be already satisfied if they would be consistent with his All-Cast training, the All-Blades and give him this movement copy thing from the zero year tie in. And if they keep his characterisation the same in his own book and the Batman events.

Appart from this I think it could be cool to give the Suit of Sorrows (just painted to fit for Red Hood) and the Sword of Salvation and Sword of Sin (I like flaming swords). That would imo fit his character, his look and push him more in the mythical direction.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: same ! His all caste training is pretty much nonexistent now. All blades ? What are those ?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Jason does have magical abilities and the All-Blades thing going on so there's more to him than just martial arts and guns. It's just that those aspects were very inconsistently used in the new 52.

I don't mind Jason Todd or any member of the Batfamily obtaining meta-powers provided that they're subtle (not too over-the-top) and fit the character. For example, Grayson gave Dick Grayson the hypnos which allowed him to disguise himself and hypnotize others, a useful skill in espionage. It really added another element to the character and something like that can (and sort of did) happen to Jason.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind Jason Todd or any member of the Batfamily obtaining meta-powers provided that they're subtle (not too over-the-top) and fit the character. For example, Grayson gave Dick Grayson the hypnos which allowed him to disguise himself and hypnotize others, a useful skill in espionage. It really added another element to the character and something like that can (and sort of did) happen to Jason.

The All-Blades are imo not problematic, in the end of the day they are just cool looking swords, theoretical they they are probaly way more powerfull than normal swords, but but in comic books even normal swards can usually cut everything the writer wants them to cut. And with Azrael and Katana we had allready characters with flaming and/or magical swords in the Batman franchise.

And if Dick can have his Hypnos and Damian can have Goliath, and Batman stuff like the Justice Buster, the Hellbat Armor and the insider suit I don't see a problem with the All Blades.

And Jason uses anyway his guns to much imo he should imo do more Martial Arts (it just looks way cooler).

Avatar image for someoneonthissite
    someoneonthissite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, now that the possibility of Jason being connected to the order of St.Dumas was brought up, I think it would be a great idea to add more to the mystic side of his.

I mean, I remember that during Pak's run in Batman/Superman, Jason fought Supergirl with his All-blades while she wielded WW's atom slicing sword, so it's evident that the blades are powerful, and in RH&TO he was shown to some tattoos from his time with the all-caste, so why not explore more possibilities in the magic side of things?

I've always being been fascinated with the mythos behind the order of St. Dumas and Azrael, so it could be interesting if Jason, after his training with the all-caste, was picked up by a group similar to St. Dumas, but it's more like magic black ops. Jason would be molded into the perfect weapon against both human and supernatural evil, he could get to keep the all-blades but also have another pair of swords, just like Azrael has the sword of salvation and the sword of sin, maybe he can wield all of the blades in a pair of double bladed staffs.

No Caption Provided

kinda like this.

Furthermore, since we're delving into the supernatural side of DC, maybe we could have him meet some of the mystical heroes or villains, or antihero-I'm talking about Jason Todd meeting John Constantine okay?

Heck, there's tons of things you could with him, I mean if the greek gods exist in the DC multiverse, and Black Adam got his powers from the abilities of different Egyptian deities, you could have him battle against different monsters from different ancient backgrounds.

For a story context, you could have him trying to come to terms that he wasn't expecting to go from a street kid trying to take care of his mother to the boy wonder to fighting hydras and vampires and chimeras, he could be coping with the fact that evil comes in different forms, and a psychopathic clown with a crowbar is just a drop of water in an ocean.

Lastly, this could make him stand out with a different identity altogether, I think it would be cool to give him the name Samael, I don't know why, it just sounds cool and I read that Samael has been interpreted as an angel on the side of god, who takes care of dealing with the darker and more vile shades of darkness.

At least, in my opinion, is what could be done so Jason can be much more different

herewegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really forgot about the glowing tattoos, they should really bring them back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.