Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1742 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason Todd is back

• 183 results
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By daredevil21134

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedK

deadly wonder if their gona bring scarlet back as well

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

He looks like Mysterio.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RedHoodsDen

While I'm far from thrilled with the costume choice, and God only knows how much I hope he ends up back in biker outfit after a daring escape: 

A. It's Winick 
    B. They called him an "anti-hero", not a villain. They're towing our line some. 
    C. I do believe this will be a return to the gray area stuff in Lost Days. Jason will waste some real scumbags. 

So, not judging a book by its cover....with a craptastic costume and the worst chest logo ever...I'm onboard. 

To the point of satire, it is an awesome cover though.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64

Ugh...I hate that costume

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " Ugh...I hate that costume "
    Same. I loved his original leather jacket and helmet.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RedHoodsDen

email DC people. 

We'll make them get it. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

Please Judd...get rid of that costume and retcon the red hair thing.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EnSabahNurX
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " Please Judd...get rid of that costume and retcon the red hair thing. "
    AGREED, hate this costume with a passion he lost his coolness with this costume
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedHoodsDen

When I spoke to Judd at SDCC, this really was one of the issues. DC was unsure of what suit to go with. The red hair to him was just an easy retcon. I imagine Scarlet is going to return now as well. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @RedHoodsDen: You...spoke to him?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenkey

I'd love to see Jason Todd join Batman Inc.  It was cool the grudge he had but get over it.  Actually the idea of Bruce, Dick, and Jason being Batman sounds cool to me.  Maybe throw Tim (I know it'll never happen) in as his Robin. 2 Batman's why not 2 Robins.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Sure, got Lost Days #1 signed by him and Tucci at the show. He's a nice guy. It was pretty early on friday and the booths weren't overly crowded since it was only signings, not sketches.  I basically used the chance to just sort of throw the "DC should do this" type of stuff at him, in hopes he could save Jason.  I'll be honest. I said a lot of shit. I think I compared Jason to Kurtz in Apocalypse Now at one point.  And that he should be DC's Punisher, and could work in ways Vigilante never could, because of the bat ties. Probably emphasized that with Batman it should adversarial as opposed to Jason being the straight out baddie. That the fear really is, what if Jason get to the actual villain first?

He actually told me there wasn't a series planned [which frankly was a real kick in the ass hearing it one on one] before he announced the same bad news later in a DC nation type panel. There was talk of another mini...which this may have evolved into. I really was expecting another 6 part mini with Red Hood and Scarlet. I know editorial likes Scarlet so I pretty much expect them ignore Morrison's ending and have Scarlet jailbreak Jason. I mean arguably it's been months and things could've changed but I really do expect her back in this, unless Morrison put his foot down on that ending in BnR 6 but frankly Damian was supposed to be dead 4 years ago and Michael Lane wasn't supposed to be Azrael either. you know? They change their minds. 

But as to Judd himself, I think he wants to write for us. He sees we care about Jason.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64

Nothing planned? :(

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Well that was June of last year.  The talk at that time was second mini series. Who knows? This arc could be a springboard to that, or maybe this is it. 

On some level, I think the pickle DC feels is that he's supposed to be a "bad guy" to maintain that he's Bruce's greatest failure and he can always be used as an anchor "baddie" in a pinch. 

I can tell you that hearing Lost Days wasn't going to birth a series affected my buying. I own all the issues but wasn't running to the shop on release after he told me it wasn't going anywhere. I think I picked up 4 and 5 with 6 actually. It was a huge downer. 

It's honestly why we need to be vocal. I have a real damn hard time believing there's any fanbase at DC making as much noise as us. They hear a lot about Jason from us. Let me tell you they ain't screaming for Wally West as loud as us. You want a biker-clad Hood series with Winick? Write for it. 
     http://www.dccomics.com/sites/dcletterspage/

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Primmaster64

They hear a lot of Jason?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnny_spam

Honestly I will never understand why he is always thought of as a hero by fans he is a very messed up person with no regard for human life or what Batman means in fact he wants to destroy it I would for more writers in comics to write villains as real villains.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Primmaster64
    @johnny spam: He's not a hero. Its just entertainment dude.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy
    @johnny spam said:
    " Honestly I will never understand why he is always thought of as a hero by fans he is a very messed up person with no regard for human life or what Batman means in fact he wants to destroy it I would for more writers in comics to write villains as real villains. "
    Who refers to him as a hero? He's an anti-hero. Ever since his reintroduction he's been an anti-hero. He doesn't so much want to destroy what Batman is but become the "Batman" that Gotham deserves, one who's willing and has no problem with killing. It depends on his depiction and who's writing him, but almost every writer usually has him on the hero side of the spectrum.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RedHoodsDen

If Bruce had any idea what Batman meant, there wouldn't be little indoctrinated 10 year olds in tights ready to die for him.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By johnny_spam
    @iLLituracy:@iLLituracy said:
    " @johnny spam said:
    " Honestly I will never understand why he is always thought of as a hero by fans he is a very messed up person with no regard for human life or what Batman means in fact he wants to destroy it I would for more writers in comics to write villains as real villains. "
    Who refers to him as a hero? He's an anti-hero. Ever since his reintroduction he's been an anti-hero. He doesn't so much want to destroy what Batman is but become the "Batman" that Gotham deserves, one who's willing and has no problem with killing. It depends on his depiction and who's writing him, but almost every writer usually has him on the hero side of the spectrum. "
    You'd be surprised at how many people online want to ignore his more bad actions and want him to be in the Bat family for instance. After reading his stories even Judd Winnick's first one Jason was only saying he was something that Gotham needed and better than Bruce he is  written more like a petty kid who wants to hurt Bruce anyway he can in the last scenes of both Under the Hood movie and show it is about hurting Bruce more than anything else not be someone who does what needs to be done.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I find it funny DC's using "anti-hero" as if it's what he does. He is a vigilante. As a literary type he's an anti-hero. You can tell they had a meeting about what to call him and now they're using  the term wrong.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    "I find it funny DC's using "anti-hero" as if it's what he does. He is a vigilante. As a literary type he's an anti-hero. You can tell they had a meeting about what to call him and now they're using  the term wrong. "

Long Live Jason Todd and may all his fans rejoice to this news
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Band Lone

I like the biker outfit better also but, although in this image it looks barfstastic, this costume makes him look like a big deal like a super villain and it can look really badass WITH THE RIGHT ARTIST!  

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RedHoodsDen

You say that but all I hear is "Blinky from Pac-Man.... Blinky from Pac-Man.... Blinky from Pac-Man...." 

No Caption Provided
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64

I don't like that costume

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By johnny_spam

Honestly the Red Hood costume looks lost on when Tan did it when Quitley did it the message comes across this is a Acid punk version of Jason Todd that fits in with Pyg and the Morrison Batman and Robin run.

No Caption Provided
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Well we all get the message "He's mocking superheroes so hard he doesn't know he looks like a supervillain" schtick. 

They seem to have missed our mesage which was "Suit and the message sucks" 

By the way, the above image johnnyspam posted, anyone own trade # 1 for BnR? I believe they edited the line "if you can't trust Red Hood Scourge of the Underworld, who can you trust?" from the single issue to something like "what else have you got planned?" 

It was odd but can anyone confirm that with the trade?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iLLituracy
    @johnny spam said:
    " @iLLituracy:@iLLituracy said:
    " @johnny spam said:
    Who refers to him as a hero? He's an anti-hero. Ever since his reintroduction he's been an anti-hero. He doesn't so much want to destroy what Batman is but become the "Batman" that Gotham deserves, one who's willing and has no problem with killing. It depends on his depiction and who's writing him, but almost every writer usually has him on the hero side of the spectrum. "
    You'd be surprised at how many people online want to ignore his more bad actions and want him to be in the Bat family for instance. After reading his stories even Judd Winnick's first one Jason was only saying he was something that Gotham needed and better than Bruce he is  written more like a petty kid who wants to hurt Bruce anyway he can in the last scenes of both Under the Hood movie and show it is about hurting Bruce more than anything else not be someone who does what needs to be done. "
    I've never come across people wanting him back in the Bat-Family which is what confused me. Truthfully I never see it happening with what he's done. There's no place for him there, either. Quite honestly I would have preferred he left the Red Hood guise alone after that first arc he returned.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevil21134

I want the biker outfit
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @johnny spam said: 
    I've never come across people wanting him back in the Bat-Family which is what confused me. Truthfully I never see it happening with what he's done. There's no place for him there, either. Quite honestly I would have preferred he left the Red Hood guise alone after that first arc he returned. "
    It's like Punisher man. He's the worst dude on earth standing next to Captain America but on his own, well, his mindset works. Villain as the hero of his own story I suppose. 

But no, I've seen a lot of people wanting Jason "rehabilitated" so it is out there. And I have absolutely seen posters who want him back in the fold, as a hero.  

The thing about it is, most of the bad-bad he's done you can tweak. Shooting Damian, kicking Tim's ass, you can make that about getting Dick to man-up. It'll be perverse but it can be done. As to the random mooks, meh. We gonna worry about thug #5 70 years into DCU carnage you know?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen:
    Punisher does'nt want to punish heroes . 

and If there is a SINGLE attempt to make dick look like an idiot in todd's favour,OR even  a MENTION of jason sleeping with talia.then i WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER JUDD WINICK COMIC AGAIN.     
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/01/22/comic-book-legends-revealed-191/ 
    here judd winick wanted to kill dick. 
    would'nt at all be suprised if his jason attempts to get in to damians head by mentioning his time with talia.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @RedHoodsDen:

and If there is a SINGLE attempt to make dick look like an idiot in todd's favour,OR even  a MENTION of jason sleeping with talia.then i WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER JUDD WINICK COMIC AGAIN.     
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/01/22/comic-book-legends-revealed-191/ 
    here judd winick wanted to kill dick. would'nt at all be suprised if his jason attempts to get in to damians head by mentioning his time with talia. "
    Jason killing Dick would be questionable.... killing Damien on the other hand... would be amazingly ironic. And deep. And awesome.

Someone kill Damien please.
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RedHoodsDen
    @entropy_aegis said:

" @RedHoodsDen:

If you think letting the Joker murder thousands time and time again is heroic.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:

" @RedHoodsDen:

If you think letting the Joker murder thousands time and time again is heroic. "
    I love how Batman is against guns and lethal weapons at all costs....

but rocket launchers on the batmobile?

F--K YEAH!!!11!!1!!!

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Mmm hmmm, and moreover, I'm beginning to enjoy any writing that show Dickie bird as less than perfect. It really irks the hell out of his most vocal fanbase. 

Remember that time he got raped? I do...

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Primmaster64

Meh, I just want the hair back and for them to get rid of the costume.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By InnerVenom123

Retcon that awful ginger retcon and get back the biker gear.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Primmaster64

indeed

Grubich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Grubich
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " Meh, I just want the hair back and for them to get rid of the costume. "
    That, and I'm just happy he's back.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RedHoodsDen:
    Dickie bird was always written as less than perfect. 
    he's lost to bane ,Ra's ,batman,slade and many more. 
    who's jason lost to under winicks pen?
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Bruce

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I just can't take the costume. It's eating me up that they went with that stupid goddamn costume, It's like they want him to be Rodney Dangerfield or some shit. 

So I had already come up with a Red R insignia for the biker outfit for branding purposes. Play up the Robin thing .

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @RedHoodsDen: WANT.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis said:
    "@RedHoodsDen:

here judd winick wanted to kill dick. would'nt at all be suprised if his jason attempts to get in to damians head by mentioning his time with talia. "

I hope he does mention it
    Meinos Kaen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Meinos Kaen
    That would be one way to fuck with someone's mind... Well, let's see how it goes. This is Judd, he knows what we like and how we like it. I know he can do something good even with that get up AND Scarlet. Also, since Jason has been in Arkham, well, it IS a psychiatric institute. I guess he could use it to rightfully change Jason's mind from the Morrison run's set to the old one or give him a new one, a more focused one more like the original resurrected one. I mean, if they're transferring Jason from Arkham to a lesser prison, it means that they deem him sane enough to be into one. Also, I bet that while this run may start with Jason using his old get up, I bet that he will end this arc with something else, be it the old biker get up or something completely new. All in all, this is a chance for Judd to rectify most of the blatant idiocy Morrison has laid upon us. I bet he is up to the challenge.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

Judd has a chance to redeem himself,if he treats the other characters well and ignores his own stupid plotholes.then we can get a killer stroyline out of this,but if goes out of his way to make jason look better than dick or bring the talia sex thing via damian ,then well ,i've already grown used to this stuff and will ignore this as well,after all it's not like there are not other writers who dont treat dick and damian well(daniel and snyder).
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

YESS!!! FINALLY!!!

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Telcalipoca

altering the helmet to its first incarnation would make it look better. no matter what he wears that helmet will make him look silly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.