Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1742 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason Todd defaced or erased?

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By wessaari

THERE BE SPOILERS, YE BE WARNED!!!

Red Hood and the Outlaws issue 17 came out this week, to which I highly recommend but there has been something that I noticed about the ending of the issue.

No Caption Provided

Joker said himself that if Jason wanted to be his own man, that he should start fresh. Jason is then gased and his face is apparently damaged. Now obviously his face might recieve some damage but it doesn't look as bad as it does in the future solicits. What I found interesting is that the solicit for issue 20 has the Outlaws going to S'aru the Proctor and looking through Jason's memories, and this leads me to believe that Jason has lost his memories and thus "starting fresh". If this is true, this will be huge to his character, depending on how long it will take for him to have his memory back, but it is definitely going to be an exciting and interesting tale to tell for James Tynion IV. Jason could forget who he is, who the Outlaws are, or why he is has cooled down on his anger issues, but something tells me that Ducra and her Jedi spirit will be of some use.

No Caption Provided

What do you think this means?

Is Jason going to be needing a new face, a new memory, or a new identity all together?

Please be respectful

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't think whatever happens will be permanent.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By akbogert

I honestly don't know. I thought it was just memory erasure, but that last page really didn't make it clear. I also don't think this will last more than an arc, because frankly he's the title character of the book and he kind of needs to be Red Hood, not just Jason-who-doesn't-know-anything-including-The-Outlaws. But I'm excited to see how that arc goes, for sure. I think it's almost a shame this wasn't Lobdell's last issue. Because I find it hard to believe he'll top it in the next issue, and the name would have been even more clever had it also applied to Lobdell's departure.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Lamenoire

this issue really didn't make what happened clear. His face seems to be still here (I mean that it is not like the cover where his face is completly gone...).

I really thought joker would use the chemicals that made him the way he is on Jason (making him the new Joker)

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wessaari

@Lamenoire said:

this issue really didn't make what happened clear. His face seems to be still here (I mean that it is not like the cover where his face is completly gone...).

I really thought joker would use the chemicals that made him the way he is on Jason (making him the new Joker)

i think that would have been a bad idea, I mean Jason is popular in his own book and it would seem sorta messed up for Snyder or Lobdell for that matter to just change Jason's character so dramatically when he is already successful on his own. To me it would be harming to his character

WonderHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WonderHunter

@wessaari said:

What I found interesting is that the solicit for issue 20 has the Outlaws going to S'aru the Proctor and looking through Jason's memories, and this leads me to believe that Jason has lost his memories and thus "starting fresh". If this is true, this will be huge to his character, depending on how long it will take for him to have his memory back, but it is definitely going to be an exciting and interesting tale to tell for James Tynion IV

This is my theory :P

Avatar image for abigail_the_magical_person
    Abigail_The_Magical_Person

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WonderHunter: Yeah I agree with you two. Plus I think he gets it back by Batman 20. It says they talk about Damian together and that seems impossible to do if he has no memories...

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wessaari

@Abigail_The_Magical_Person said:

@WonderHunter: Yeah I agree with you two. Plus I think he gets it back by Batman 20. It says they talk about Damian together and that seems impossible to do if he has no memories...

also with Batman Inc 8 featuring Jason, it is pretty much guranteed that Jason will end up fine. But this brings me back to my point how Batman Inc is really screwing with the whole Bat-verse, the way he is using the characters.

havoc1201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By havoc1201

@wessaari said:

@Abigail_The_Magical_Person said:

also with Batman Inc 8 featuring Jason, it is pretty much guranteed that Jason will end up fine. But this brings me back to my point how Batman Inc is really screwing with the whole Bat-verse, the way he is using the characters.

its what Morrison does best screw everyone as long as he gets to tell his little story he has been dragging on for years that could have been summed up in five issues. Bright side he will be gone soon and then all the other writers can work out the mess he left behind

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By consolemaster001

Face scarred

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.