Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Jason Todd - #96? I mean, really?

• 94 results
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RainEffect

I have but one thing to bring forward to the table. Both Ra's al Ghul and Timothy Drake are in the 7000's, whilst Jason Todd is number 96. 

This is a travesty. Both of these people would school Jason Todd in a one-on-one fight. 
    And don't you bring up Tim vs Jason in Battle for the Cowl. The current Tim would wipe the floor with Jason.
    Edit: After an extended debate with ReVamp, Entropy Aegis and especially Rabbit May Cry, I have retracted my statement that Tim could beat Jason in a hand-to-hand fight.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect said:
    I have but one thing to bring forward to the table. Both Ra's al Ghul and Timothy Drake are in the 7000's, whilst Jason Todd is number 96. 

This is a travesty. Both of these people would school Jason Todd in a one-on-one fight. 
    And don't you bring up Tim vs Jason in Battle for the Cowl. The current Tim would wipe the floor with Jason.
    Extremely Subjective, Jason can win against Tim. But regardless, I'd like to ask what the hell are you talking about? Are you talking about some kind of Power listing?
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Baddamdog

Don't pay attention the the power rankings. They don't really mean anything

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @Baddamdog said:
    This^
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReVamp
    @TheGoldenOne said:
    @Baddamdog said:
    This^
    Isn't it user made anyway?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
    deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's all based on popularity, not logic and it doesn't mean anything (which nobody ever seems to get) it's just for fun and everyone who can't handle that idea should ignore it (like I do).

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RainEffect said:

Jason would kill Tim get over it
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RainEffect
    @Baddamdog said:
    Ah. Had no idea. I thought they were legit rankings. 

@daredevil21134
    There's nothing for me to 'get over', as I'm not having a tantrum about anything. I'm simply stating that, realistically, Jason Todd is not that powerful. 
    Although, I'd love to hear your justification that Jason would beat Tim now; especially after how much Tim has grown and improved since Battle for the Cowl.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RainEffect said:
    @Baddamdog said:

@daredevil21134: There's nothing for me to 'get over', as I'm not having a tantrum about anything. I'm simply stating that, realistically, Jason Todd is not that powerful.  Although, I'd love to hear your justification that Jason would beat Tim now; especially after how much Tim has grown and improved since Battle for the Cowl.
    I'll give you my reason later when I have more time.Ok dude?
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RainEffect
    @daredevil21134:  Sounds good.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect said:
    @Baddamdog said:

@daredevil21134: There's nothing for me to 'get over', as I'm not having a tantrum about anything. I'm simply stating that, realistically, Jason Todd is not that powerful.  Although, I'd love to hear your justification that Jason would beat Tim now; especially after how much Tim has grown and improved since Battle for the Cowl.
    He has?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RainEffect said:

@Baddamdog said:

Show feats,beating fodder means squat and neither do those powerlevels.
    Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Telcalipoca

Tim is a far better fighter now than he was back then but not enough to take down jason but still alot better than when he was in battle for the cowl

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @RainEffect
    Like I said to Scott Lobdell, Jason kicks Tim's ass in a very one-sided fight.

Jason is stronger, faster, more agile, plans better (even on the fly), AND has more mastery over more fighting skills than Tim. Tim only has Jason on the detective stuff. That would only help him find Jason...but not beat him. So Jason is the better here. The fights shoudn't even be close. 

Not to mention that Jason is willin' to kill...givin' him no limitation on what he can do in the fight.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry said:
    @RainEffect: Like I said to Scott Lobdell, Jason kicks Tim's ass in a very one-sided fight.  Jason is stronger, faster, more agile, plans better (even on the fly), AND has more mastery over more fighting skills than Tim. Tim only has Jason on the detective stuff. That would only help him find Jason...but not beat him. So Jason is the better here. The fights shoudn't even be close.   Not to mention that Jason is willin' to kill...givin' him no limitation on what he can do in the fight.
    We finally agree on something
    noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By noj
    @RainEffect said:

Sorry dude but Jason would totally destroy Tim. He has had more experience, more diverse training, and isnt afraid to pull any punches. Jason has beat Tim almost every time they have fought.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RainEffect
    @entropy_aegis: @noj: @daredevil21134: @Rabbit_May_Cry: @ReVamp
    Okay, sorry for the delay guys, had a hectic twenty-four hours. 

Now, first things first, I want to let you all know that I don't hate Jason. I actually dig the whole 'taking Joker's old identity' to overcome his fears etc. This thread was not made in spite, but it was merely shock that two characters were exceptionally lower than he was. I also withdraw my statement that Tim could wipe the floor with Jason, but I still believe he can beat him.

Onto my discussion/debate: I'll address the questions you guys have been asking me in how Tim improved since Battle for the Cowl. It's my understanding that the entire Red Robin solo series occurs after Battle for the Cowl, if it doesn't, then my argument is entirely void. The whole Red Robin series was, firstly, a gauntlet for Tim to grow independently. Yes, he was independent when he was Robin, but this is the first instance where he's acting without Bruce or Dick around. He came into direct collision with Ra's al Ghul and his League. During this time, he strengthened in all forms; mental, physical and psychological. For instance, during his 'teaming' with Ra's Al Ghul, he took down seven of the League of Spiders, and that was after he recovered from intense wounding, single-handedly. I can't find anything in Jason Todd's history to suggest he's gone up against fighters of that level by himself. From what I know of Todd (which is actually quite little), he's only been a street-prowler. 

Secondly, Tim was able to thwart Ra's Al Ghul's ultimate plan to take control of Wayne Enterprises and eventually Gotham after Bruce's death. He managed to go toe-to-toe with Ra's, something I doubt Jason has ever done, and it ended in a stalemate (with Tim wounded, obviously) but Ra's congratulated Tim afterwards, thereby earning his respect. He outclassed Ra's in tactics and intelligence, and fought him to a stalemate in one on one fighting. May I also add that, due to his consistent exposure to Lazarus Pits, Ra's has heightened physical traits. 

Now, sure, you guys stated fighting styles, but I did some research. Tim has been trained by Lady Shiva; Jason hasn't. He's been trained in the Leopard Blow, which only Bruce and Shiva are aware of. I am well aware Todd spent a great deal of time training around the world, and his physical traits are superior to Tim's, but I don't believe it would be enough to take down Tim now.  

Thirdly, Tim hates Jason. Morals mean nothing in this instance. Of course, Tim's conscience might get in the way, because he so deeply wants to be like Bruce, but I remember Tim beat Jason savagely with that pipe during Battle for the Cowl; so he's not going to pull punches.

So, I lessened the amount I was going to post to save you from an essay, but here is my justification that Tim could beat Jason now. Tim could beat Jason, but only after an extended fight. What are your thoughts, lads?
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RainEffect said:

Now, first things first, I want to let you all know that I don't hate Jason. I actually dig the whole 'taking Joker's old identity' to overcome his fears etc. This thread was not made in spite, but it was merely shock that two characters were exceptionally lower than he was. I also withdraw my statement that Tim could wipe the floor with Jason, but I still believe he can beat him.

Onto my discussion/debate: I'll address the questions you guys have been asking me in how Tim improved since Battle for the Cowl. It's my understanding that the entire Red Robin solo series occurs after Battle for the Cowl, if it doesn't, then my argument is entirely void. The whole Red Robin series was, firstly, a gauntlet for Tim to grow independently. Yes, he was independent when he was Robin, but this is the first instance where he's acting without Bruce or Dick around. He came into direct collision with Ra's al Ghul and his League. During this time, he strengthened in all forms; mental, physical and psychological. For instance, during his 'teaming' with Ra's Al Ghul, he took down seven of the League of Spiders, and that was after he recovered from intense wounding, single-handedly. I can't find anything in Jason Todd's history to suggest he's gone up against fighters of that level by himself. From what I know of Todd (which is actually quite little), he's only been a street-prowler. 

Secondly, Tim was able to thwart Ra's Al Ghul's ultimate plan to take control of Wayne Enterprises and eventually Gotham after Bruce's death. He managed to go toe-to-toe with Ra's, something I doubt Jason has ever done, and it ended in a stalemate (with Tim wounded, obviously) but Ra's congratulated Tim afterwards, thereby earning his respect. He outclassed Ra's in tactics and intelligence, and fought him to a stalemate in one on one fighting. May I also add that, due to his consistent exposure to Lazarus Pits, Ra's has heightened physical traits. 

Now, sure, you guys stated fighting styles, but I did some research. Tim has been trained by Lady Shiva; Jason hasn't. He's been trained in the Leopard Blow, which only Bruce and Shiva are aware of. I am well aware Todd spent a great deal of time training around the world, and his physical traits are superior to Tim's, but I don't believe it would be enough to take down Tim now.  

Thirdly, Tim hates Jason. Morals mean nothing in this instance. Of course, Tim's conscience might get in the way, because he so deeply wants to be like Bruce, but I remember Tim beat Jason savagely with that pipe during Battle for the Cowl; so he's not going to pull punches. So, I lessened the amount I was going to post to save you from an essay, but here is my justification that Tim could beat Jason now. Tim could beat Jason, but only after an extended fight. What are your thoughts, lads?
    The leopard blow is a lethal move,and it requires peak human strength on the level of Bruce,Shiva etc so Tim is'nt using it anytime soon.Tim did not thwart Ra's,he showed him Bruce's will.Ra's was on the wrong trail the whole time,and Tim got his ass kicked by Ra's,it was'nt a stalemate Dick ended up saving him.Granted he did give Ra's a nosebleed but that's about it.Also how come you're so sure Jason would'nt have done just as well? he's fought Batman and given him a good fight.When has Tim done that? and please killing no name asasins does'nt mean much.Even Steph Brown was mauling them. 
    Ra's does'nt have heightened physical stats,he only gets them when he has emerged from the pit and in that state he's mindless,and modern Ra's is'nt that great to even begin with.He has'nt been anywhere near as deadly ever since Chuck Dixon last wrote him.That Ra's bested Nightwing,Bane(swordfights ofcourse) and was close to beating Batman too. 
    Todd has gone up against Nightwing and Tim himself,he's beaten the guy twice in canon and both were written by different writers,neither of which was Judd Winick.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevil21134
    @entropy_aegis: agreed my brother
    Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Whisper_

They're glitchy and user voted. They don't mean anything. 

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @RainEffect said:

Thirdly, Tim hates Jason. Morals mean nothing in this instance. Of course, Tim's conscience might get in the way, because he so deeply wants to be like Bruce, but I remember Tim beat Jason savagely with that pipe during Battle for the Cowl; so he's not going to pull punches. So, I lessened the amount I was going to post to save you from an essay, but here is my justification that Tim could beat Jason now. Tim could beat Jason, but only after an extended fight. What are your thoughts, lads?
    The leopard blow is a lethal move,and it requires peak human strength on the level of Bruce,Shiva etc so Tim is'nt using it anytime soon.Tim did not thwart Ra's,he showed him Bruce's will.Ra's was on the wrong trail the whole time,and Tim got his ass kicked by Ra's,it was'nt a stalemate Dick ended up saving him.Granted he did give Ra's a nosebleed but that's about it.Also how come you're so sure Jason would'nt have done just as well? he's fought Batman and given him a good fight.When has Tim done that? and please killing no name asasins does'nt mean much.Even Steph Brown was mauling them. Ra's does'nt have heightened physical stats,he only gets them when he has emerged from the pit and in that state he's mindless,and modern Ra's is'nt that great to even begin with.He has'nt been anywhere near as deadly ever since Chuck Dixon last wrote him.That Ra's bested Nightwing,Bane(swordfights ofcourse) and was close to beating Batman too. Todd has gone up against Nightwing and Tim himself,he's beaten the guy twice in canon and both were written by different writers,neither of which was Judd Winick.
    Well said...all points I would've provin' myself.

@RainEffect
    In case you didn't know Tim is lookin' to be the least capable male fighter in the Batfamily. Jason fights with Dick, and Bruce on equal footin'. When has Tim ever done that? To me (and it is MY opinion)...

Dick is the best fighter in the Batfamily because of his agility. His agility is the best in the DC universe. It's so great that he has a fightin' style that nearly no-one could duplicate. So whatever fightin' style anyone else knows Dick can learn...but they can't learn what Dick can do.

In second place I would have Bruce because he's been doin' it the longest, so there are tricks he knows that the rest haven't come to realize.

Jason would be third because of how his agility is only second to Dick. He's stronger, and more endurable...but not as fast. And his anger problems keep him from fightin' calmly so that he could fight at his best. Which is WHY Dick and Bruce have been able to beat him.

Now forth would be Damian. He has fought with plenty of people who should have kicked his ass easily...but they couldn't put his little ass down. Tim bein' one of those people. So if he's capable of these feats at such a young age...Tim has absolutely NO chance of winnin' when he gets older.

Now even though I HATE Tim "Bitch-Made" Drake...this is my honest opinion of how they would rank against each other. Tim falls at the bottom because although he is a good fighter...he hasn't mastered a damn (to my knowledge). Common street thugs, and barely trained assassins aren't people to be proud of takin' down. Every male in the Batfamily that I have mentioned has either beat Tim or barely lost to Tim...(Damian). And with these statements...puts Tim at the bottom.

Ps...Tim STOLE the Red Robin identity...why don't people acknowledge that fact. it's Jason's, and he didn't give it to Tim...he hate's him as much as I do. And also, would people who discredit Battle for the cowl please stop referencin' it? You don't realize how bad it makes you look to say how much it didn't matter...then try to prove a point usin' it (not said to anyone in particular...I just hate it bein' done).
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect: I'll answer it in a bit. But most of the Red Robin series displays mental progress more than anything. It won't do much help in a battle with Jason.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

I don't follow Tim's comic, what I know about him, I learned from other people. But I don't care how much character growth he has...he will still never be able to beat Jason. I hate it when comic writers depict Tim and Jason havin' a back and forth fight...when Tim would be obliterated Jason. The only reason why Tim even survives fights with Jason is because he's a popular character. Jason hates him so of course he'll kill him.

I for one would thoroughly enjoy a story when Jason kills Tim. Because that's the reality of those two.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RainEffect
    @entropy_aegis said:

The leopard blow is a lethal move,and it requires peak human strength on the level of Bruce,Shiva etc so Tim is'nt using it anytime soon.Tim did not thwart Ra's,he showed him Bruce's will.Ra's was on the wrong trail the whole time,and Tim got his ass kicked by Ra's,it was'nt a stalemate Dick ended up saving him.Granted he did give Ra's a nosebleed but that's about it.Also how come you're so sure Jason would'nt have done just as well? he's fought Batman and given him a good fight.When has Tim done that? and please killing no name asasins does'nt mean much.Even Steph Brown was mauling them. Ra's does'nt have heightened physical stats,he only gets them when he has emerged from the pit and in that state he's mindless,and modern Ra's is'nt that great to even begin with.He has'nt been anywhere near as deadly ever since Chuck Dixon last wrote him.That Ra's bested Nightwing,Bane(swordfights ofcourse) and was close to beating Batman too. Todd has gone up against Nightwing and Tim himself,he's beaten the guy twice in canon and both were written by different writers,neither of which was Judd Winick. 

Are you referencing the Hush story arc, there? It was sort of a Bane/Knightfall scenario there. Bruce wasn't at full health in that fight; he was exhausted from having fought Superman, Ra's Al Ghul and Croc in such short time, not to mention still recovering from that massive fall he took at the beginning. 

That's the only Jason/Bruce confrontation to my knowledge, but you may know of another. 

Beyond that, I see a lot of logic in your points. I'm actually kind of budging on my opinion; I may even withdraw it. I still, however, believe Tim has improved although, as ReVamp said: 

@ReVamp

said:

@RainEffect: I'll answer it in a bit. But most of the Red Robin series displays mental progress more than anything. It won't do much help in a battle with Jason.

Alot of it was mental progression, rather than actual physical. It would be an extended fight between Jason and Tim, for sure. As I said, I'm kind of wavering now, if you guys can provide more evidence.

@Rabbit_May_Cry

As for you, sadly, I can't take your argument seriously if you swear and bring your obvious distaste for Tim into it. Right from the get go, I could tell you were bringing your biased opinion into the topic, whereas I actually stated I kind of like Jason. As for your statement about referencing Battle for the Cowl, I admit that I did state not to reference it, but you have to look at the context of how I referenced it.

"And don't you bring up Tim vs Jason in Battle for the Cowl" - What I clearly meant by this was, don't just say that it's happened before, as I went on to make the claim that Tim has improved. When I referenced it in my post, I was using their previous fight as evidence that Tim would not hold back, because someone stated Tim wouldn't fight to kill. Edit: Turns out that person was you after re-reading.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect: Lets not forget that Tim is going to have a handicap since Jason uses Lethal force and he doesn't.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RainEffect
    @ReVamp said:
    @RainEffect: Lets not forget that Tim is going to have a handicap since Jason uses Lethal force and he doesn't.
    See above post, last paragraph.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect said:
    @ReVamp said:
    See above post, last paragraph.
    He wouldn't fight to kill, but if you want to make this a Morals Off but its only fair.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RainEffect
    @ReVamp
    Although I want to say otherwise, I agree that Timothy desires to be too much like Bruce and won't fight to kill. Even if he hates Jason.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By ComicStooge

As for Tim not killing...

Tim Drake apparently tried to kill Captain Boomerang.

Anyway... 

Jason BARELY beat Tim Drake in BfTC, when he had the home field advantage. 

Tim has gotten faster and more brutal since then. 

So yeah, Drake would beat Jason.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @RainEffect:  
    The fight between Bruce and Jason in Hush is'nt really applicable,you correctly pointed some of the reasons but there's another.In the orignal storyline it was Clayface who was pretending to be Todd.Jason's involvement was forced via retcon. 
    But Bruce and Jason fought in Under the Red hood storyline,Jason did rough him up.Though ofcourse he heavily relied upon weapons which were specifically designed to penetrate Bruce's defenses and there were other factors as well but overall it was a solid effort.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: I had no idea you hated Tim lol but I have to disagree with Dick being a better fighter then Bruce
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ReVamp
    @ComicStooge said:
      Anyway...  Jason BARELY beat Tim Drake in BfTC, when he had the home field advantage.  Tim has gotten faster and more brutal since then.  So yeah, Drake would beat Jason.
    That's different as hell. It has nothing to do with this. 

@daredevil21134 said:
    @Rabbit_May_Cry: I had no idea you hated Tim lol but I have to disagree with Dick being a better then Bruce

Writers rarely use his agility in the write (bad pun I know) way. Dick can be considered the equal of Bruce in many things but in agility he's far superior. He needs his own fighting style, developed to compliment this. His skill should also be on par. Of course Bruce is smarter than him. Of course Bruce might have some skill on top of that, and in the mean time Bruce should be on top. What I mean is that one isn't at his peak potential while the other is.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ComicStooge
    @ReVamp

I just pointed out Tim doesn't ALWAYS fight without the intension of killing.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ReVamp
    @ComicStooge said:
    @ReVamp:  I just pointed out Tim doesn't ALWAYS fight without the intension of killing.
    He does with the sole exception of that instance because his father had just been killed and he had heard his last breaths.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @entropy_aegis said:

@RainEffect:  The fight between Bruce and Jason in Hush is'nt really applicable,you correctly pointed some of the reasons but there's another.In the orignal storyline it was Clayface who was pretending to be Todd.Jason's involvement was forced via retcon. But Bruce and Jason fought in Under the Red hood storyline,Jason did rough him up.Though ofcourse he heavily relied upon weapons which were specifically designed to penetrate Bruce's defenses and there were other factors as well but overall it was a solid effort.

I was JUST about to say all of this. Thanks.

@RainEffect
    As I said in that post of who's fightin' skills are best...I was speakin' truth. There was no biasness commin' from my end. I spoke on what I knew about the characters despite how I felt. Jason is my favorite followed by Grayson...then Bruce, and finally Damian. But as you can see...my favorite was third, because I was bein' honest. The only male Tim has beaten in the Batfamily...was Damian. And since he's like 10, I'm pretty sure Damian would be able to stomp Tim when he's older.

@ComicStooge said:

Anyway...  Jason BARELY beat Tim Drake in BfTC, when he had the home field advantage.  Tim has gotten faster and more brutal since then.  So yeah, Drake would beat Jason.

How did Jason barely beat Tim when Jason was thrashin' Tim, chokin' him before Tim stumbled onto the crowbar. Let along, even WHILE Tim was hittin' Jason with the crowbar...Jason STILL pulled out the win. To put it short...Jason's kickin' Tim's ass...Tim uses a weapon. Doesn't end the fight with the weapon, but uses it repeatedly and STILL loses. THEN Jason uses a weapon one time...(while bein' hit with a weapon)...and ENDS the fight. Tim's weak, and could never beat Jason unless some fanboy wrote it.

Tim chose where they fought...because Tim was the one who broke into Jason's place. So you can't use that as if Jason lured him there for the fight.

No matter how fast Tim gets...he'll never reach Jason and Grayson's level. And of course he loses in brutality against Jason.

So jea, Drake loses BADLY!!

And you DO realize they Jason and Tim have fought MULTIPLE times...and Tim lost all of them.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

You may want to re-read that fight. 

Tim was winning until they landed in an area that was surrounded in sheets. Jason stuck up on Tim and only then was he able to get the upper hand.   

Hell, Jason even had the element of surprise when the fight began.

And no, Tim has won at least once. 

Also, Tim has improved a lot since being Robin. 

Jason hasn't improved at all since he first came back. 

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge:  Landin' more hits doesn't mean you're winnin'...doin' the most damage does. And Jason was clearly causin' more damage than Tim. And if Tim is as well trained as people say he is...Jason wouldn't have been able to surprise him that easily. Tim was losin'...and it just went downhill from there.

How did Jason have the element of surprise when the fight began if Tim broke into his place?

When has Tim EVER won?

As people keep pointin' out...the majority of his growth was MENTAL...he's not a psychic, so how does that help him fight Jason better than the poor effort he always does?

Jason HAS improved...he just hasn't had anyone to display that progress on. Look at all the people Jason has went up against...It's a guarantee that Tim couldn't even do fairly well against HALF of the heavy hitters Jason has. Point bein' Tim can't beat Bruce...Grayson...or Green Arrow.
    SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SmoothJammin

I just think it's funny that Drake and Cassandra got whipped by a ten year old assassin. That is all.

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @SmoothJammin said:
    I just think it's funny that Drake and Cassandra got whipped by a ten year old assassin. That is all.
    WHO...Damian?
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

Jason can't beat then either. 

Writers need to acknowledge the training Tim has gotten.  

Batgirl said he'd gotten better. 

Grayson and Bruce always hold back against Jason.  

Dick has fighting Tim, and both were obviously holding back and Tim wasn't in the right state of mind, yet he still did well against Grayson.  

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge: Jason HAS bested Grayson in the Batman and Robin comics. He has also Tied with Green Arrow...and has done surprisingly well against Bruce. Tim can accomplish NONE of those feats.

Grayson and Bruce Don't hold back on Jason...they view him as a person who NEEDS to be stopped. But they definitely hold back on Tim. Because they KNOW he can't take it. 

No sir THAT'S bad writin'. For anyone to write Tim fightin' well against ANY of the Batfamily members is TERRIBLE writin'. Every fact needs to be considered to have a true to character fight. 

When comparin' Fightin' ability, Strength, Speed, Agility, Durability, and Intelligence...Tim loses most against Jason, Grayson, and Bruce. Because he has the LEAST amount in all but intelligence. And he only has that on Jason. So how could somethin' writen properly have Tim as any type of winner in a fight against any of them?
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

Both Dick and Bruce have said Tim is smarter then both of them.

You obviously don't like Tim Drake, because you're selling him short. 

And Jason beating Dick is a straight up fight is TRUE bad writing. 

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ComicStooge

And Jason didn't stalemate GA, Oliver Queen won.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry
    @ComicStooge: That fight was even between Jason and Oliver...thus the stalemate. And I've NEVER read Grayson or Bruce sayin' that Tim was smarter than them.

You're right...I DON'T like Tim , but then again...I've never tried to hide that fact Mr. Detective. But what I'm sayin' is the truth. He has NO physical trait that is superior to either of those three (Jason, Grayson, and Bruce). Therefore, he CAN'T beat any of those three. And sayin' otherwise would be the lie, because you have no proof other than strong belief. And jea...if Jason catches Grayson semi-off guard...he can pull off the win. But other than that...no, Jason can't beat Grayson. But the difference is...Jason can fight with Grayson on equal footin' because they have superior traits over each other. But who does Tim compare to?...No-one, because he's the weakest.
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ComicStooge
    @Rabbit_May_Cry

The fight ended with GA having two swords close to Jason's neck, that's a voctory for Green Arrow.  

I'm not saing he can beat Bruce or Dick, I'm saying he could beat Jason.  

Grayson focuses on agility, while Jason focuses on strength. Tim is an all-rounder.  

Neither of us can truely PROVE one can beat the other, because Tim has gotten better since BFTC and they haven't fought since. 

On a side note, Tim is aso MUCH better at remaining calm during fights, Jason can lose his cool and slip up, Tim, being as smart as he is could easily take advantage of that. 

But anyway... 

We don't really know who will win until they fight again, so until that happends, both of us are just speculating.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RainEffect
    Too many posts scattered about the thread, so I'll just encompass you guys into one post. Again, my final point is this: If both of them met on neutral terms and completely devoid of ambushes, I still believe Tim would win. It wouldn't be easy, and it would definitely be a long and protracted fight, but Tim excels when he adapts to his situations.

@entropy_aegis:  Ah. I haven't had a chance to read Under the Red Hood (I'm assuming there's also a comic and not just a movie?), but I do need to. Again, I would like to see a current (Pre-52) Bruce take on Jason, without any ambushes/advantages.

@ReVamp: Yeah, I went back and had a look at some of the Red Robin issues I own, and he didn't really improve physically; it was mostly his intelligence and independence that grew. In a way, it was sort of like Dick's progression to Nightwing and learning to not consistently rely on Bruce.

@Rabbit_May_Cry:   ComicStooge mentioned that both Dick and Bruce have acknowledged that Tim has become more intelligent than the both of them. I can't verify that Bruce has said that, but I do know that Dick (as Batman) stated that he's surpassed himself and even Bruce with his detective skills. I can't remember where it is from, but I have seen the scan on here somewhere. I agree that both Dick and Bruce would be able to school Tim in a fight, I never denied that. The reason I still believe Tim would win their third and current encounter is because of the, as you stated, losses that have occurred in the past (I actually only know of one? What other fight were you referencing that Jason beat Tim? It can't be Hush, because Tim was very young there) and the fact that Tim's detective skills and intelligence allow him to adapt much more so than Jason. He knows how Jason fights now, he knows the rage that drives him and Tim would, exactly as Bruce himself does to other villains, manipulate that to his advantage.

Also dude, just a suggestion, go easy on the first case words. If you want to make a point, italicize it. 

Hopefully I covered everyone's responses.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect: That doesn't help your point at all. You say that in a neutral confrontation devoid of ambushes that Tim would win, but you say Tim hasn't grown... I know that he was ambushed in BFTC, but I still believe Tim has yet to reach the terms of skill Jason has, specially considering the latters lethality. I do believe that its possible for Tim to beat Jason, but it would include using his superior intelligence level to lead Jason into an ambush.
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RainEffect
    @ReVamp said:
    @RainEffect: That doesn't help your point at all. You say that in a neutral confrontation devoid of ambushes that Tim would win, but you say Tim hasn't grown... I know that he was ambushed in BFTC, but I still believe Tim has yet to reach the terms of skill Jason has, specially considering the latters lethality. I do believe that its possible for Tim to beat Jason, but it would include using his superior intelligence level to lead Jason into an ambush.
    Bleh, was hoping to go to bed now. Hah! Discussion calls for discipline, I s'pose.
    Good job on pulling me up, I just realized I contradicted myself. 

@entropy_aegis:@Rabbit_May_Cry::
    In complete and utter honesty lads, I am actually only half convinced that Tim can beat Jason in a one on one, and that isn't by physical skills. After discussing with you guys, I've come to the conclusion that, as far as sheer skill goes, Jason is better than Tim. I'll admit that, he is superior to Tim in hand to hand combat. What makes me still half convinced is that sheer skill doesn't always determine a comic book fight, as we've seen a million times over. Tim knows Jason's fighting style, and that has to account for something, right? Having met him, as Rabbit claimed, twice in the past, then Tim's detective ability would cause him to analyze Jason's fighting style and manipulate his emotions to his advantage, exactly how Bruce does. I agree that Jason has the advantages of physical superiority and killer instinct, but as the old saying goes, mind over matter. 

As ReVamp has brought it to my attention, Tim didn't actually improve his physical fighting ability during the course of Red Robin, it was just his mind and instincts he sharpened (and perhaps getting used to being badly wounded). So I admit that much.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReVamp
    @RainEffect said:
    @ReVamp said:
    Bleh, was hoping to go to bed now. Hah! Discussion calls for discipline, I s'pose.
    Good job on pulling me up, I just realized I contradicted myself. 

@entropy_aegis:@Rabbit_May_Cry::
    In complete and utter honesty lads, I am actually only half convinced that Tim can beat Jason in a one on one, and that isn't by physical skills. After discussing with you guys, I've come to the conclusion that, as far as sheer skill goes, Jason is better than Tim. I'll admit that, he is superior to Tim in hand to hand combat. W hat makes me still half convinced is that sheer skill doesn't always determine a comic book fight, as we've seen a million times over. Tim knows Jason's fighting style, and that has to account for something, right? Having met him, as Rabbit claimed, twice in the past, then Tim's detective ability would cause him to analyze Jason's fighting style and manipulate his emotions to his advantage, exactly how Bruce does. I agree that Jason has the advantages of physical superiority and killer instinct, but as the old saying goes, mind over matter. 

As ReVamp has brought it to my attention, Tim didn't actually improve his physical fighting ability during the course of Red Robin, it was just his mind and instincts he sharpened (and perhaps getting used to being badly wounded). So I admit that much.
    Yup. I'm assuming that Jason would have the standard loadout (eg Guns) but yeah. Sleep well.
    Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

Wait-wait-wait...Do you guy's keep forgettin' that just because Tim is smart, doesn't mean Jason isn't? So far, all I've seen was people say the only way Tim could beat Jason is by out thinkin' him. But you forget...a strategist ALWAYS has a plan.  Tim isn't a natural strategist like Jason is. In fact, THAT'S the thing he's better at than the rest of the Batfamily (besides the killin'). You can't out strategize a natural strategist.

And I'm pretty sure that Jason knows how Tim fights, but I FULLY doubt that Tim will catch on to the fightin' styles of Jason for 2 reasons. 1 bein' that Tim lacks the experience to think of that and do it. And 2, Jason hasn't fought Tim with ALL the skills he knows.  Jason's Capoeira style has yet to make a debut (along with other styles). Tim can't possibly learn all of what Jason can do faster than Jason can learn what Tim can do. 'Cause, like I said earlier...Tim hasn't mastered a damn. Pretty high degree in things, but no mastery. And what Tim knows...Jason already mastered.

The mind over matter thing only works for people like Spider-Man. He has traits that HE'S more superior in (like his agility), so he utilizes that to find a way to win against stronger opponents. Tim on the other hand has no superior skill...JUST Intelligence. And as we've seen multiple times on the battleground of nerds vs bullies...smarts will ALWAYS lose with nothin' to back it up.

Furthermore, Jason's fightin' abilities are constantly compared to those of Grayson's. Most comic book fans put them on equal stand points because they have traits over each other...but when it comes down to it, they're damn near identical. Since battle for the cowl, Jason has been constantly fightin' Grayson...you honestly think that if he goes back to fightin' Tim...Tim has a BETTER chance of winnin'? Point blank, if Tim can't do anything against Grayson...he will NEVER win a fight against Jason. And so far...Tim can't do a damn against Grayson.

@RainEffect
    And just to let you know...I cap it in bold because that's how I ACTUALLY talk in real life. I emphasize certain words that (to some people) shouldn't be emphasized.

@ComicStooge
    Do you not read...or are you just skimmin' over facts that I say? It doesn't matter if Tim is an all-around fighter because Jason is better at everything that Tim has to offer except detective work. AGAIN...that doesn't mean that Jason is some dumb brute, because Jason himself is pretty smart.

Let's put it this way Strength...Jason is a great deal stronger than Tim.
    Speed...Jason is faster than Tim.
    Agility...Jason stands far above Tim.
    Endurance...Jason has been through more than Tim while STILL pullin' off victories.
    And do I NEED to mention the hand-to-hand again? 'Cause that's all the way Jason.
    Tim loses! It's not speculation...it's fact. As I've said earlier...if the writers were writin' an actual depiction of  a Jason vs Tim fight...Tim would have BEEN dead. Popularity saves his ass from the fire each time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.