Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1754 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Is Damian a better Jason per se?

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedHoodJT

I see how people can say that Damian is Jason done right but to be honest, and fair to Jason, I don't see how one is done worse than the other. Jason acted just like Damian does when he was Robin. Over anxious and never thought about what he did. Now that Jason is back he has a plan at all times. If something goes wrong there is always a plan b or c or whatever. Damian just acts plain and simple. Damian really isn't done better or right. Just people now, because of how Jason was Robin and Damian is Bruce's son, are ok with that type of Robin in today's comics. This is my opinion. 

And people say that Jason hates Dick and that is a big reason why people hate Jason. What about the fact that Damian hates Tim? Everyone seems to think that its ok for Damian to hate Tim but its not ok for Jason to hate Dick. Damian tried to kill Tim at first. Did everyone forget that? I don't have Damian I actually like him I think he is pretty funny but it urks me when people say he is better than Jason. I personally think they are one in the same.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnny_spam
    @RedHoodJT:@RedHoodJT said:
    " I see how people can say that Damian is Jason done right but to be honest, and fair to Jason, I don't see how one is done worse than the other. Jason acted just like Damian does when he was Robin. Over anxious and never thought about what he did. Now that Jason is back he has a plan at all times. If something goes wrong there is always a plan b or c or whatever. Damian just acts plain and simple. Damian really isn't done better or right. Just people now, because of how Jason was Robin and Damian is Bruce's son, are ok with that type of Robin in today's comics. This is my opinion.   And people say that Jason hates Dick and that is a big reason why people hate Jason. What about the fact that Damian hates Tim? Everyone seems to think that its ok for Damian to hate Tim but its not ok for Jason to hate Dick. Damian tried to kill Tim at first. Did everyone forget that? I don't have Damian I actually like him I think he is pretty funny but it urks me when people say he is better than Jason. I personally think they are one in the same. "
    They are both pretty good Robins Damian stopped a bomb from going off in Gotham right after he risked his life to save Alfred and Dick while Jason beat Mongul and saved Batman from Blackfire they are both pretty good but different just because neither Damian or Jason are/were nice Robins doesn't mean they are the same.

Though the issue with Damian and Tim was that he stopped his ways when asked to (He was also trained to kill and was barely nine years old) and is willing to change Jason is an adult but still threatened Bruce and Dick's lives.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By daredevil21134

Good Point, anybody else?
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @johnny spam:  True very good point. I do like Damian I just get a little pissed when people are arrogant and make retarded comments saying that Damian is the better Jason. In a way they are the same but they both have their differences. You can't say one is better than the other without it being totally an opinion.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

I see
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RedHoodJT

In their respects each one has they're pros and cons. So to put the two up against each other and say that one is the other done right is ignorant. I get when people say that they hate a character. But don't compare that character to one that is similar because that is all they are. Similar. If it was the same character from a different Earth that is different you could compare and contrast them all day. But not two totally different characters that act similar.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm

rufug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By rufug

I think both Damian and Jason are both based on Howard The Duck, then again that's just me.

TriSkeith13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TriSkeith13

The truth is, I don't think Jason hates Dick at all. He envies Dick because Dick found closure with Bruce, but every time they confront one another, there is never any hate or malice involved. 

I think it goes back to when Jason was Robin and just starting out, and Dick was there to help guide him a bit. Dick very much played the aloof, cool, and successful big brother to Jason's place in the bat family. How close in age they were definitely helped them bond and Dick even shared his phone number with Jason so he could call him if he just needed to talk to someone who wasn't Bruce. They really do care for one another, and unlike Tim who is only extending his hand out to Jason out of pity and respect for Bruce, Dick wants to help Jason becaue he loves him and effected by Jason's death as much as Bruce was. When Jason died it wasn't just Bruce losing a son, it was Dick losing a brother.  

Jason and Dick's latest confrontation was an escalation of Jason's own madness. Dick knows that and throughout all of their battle, knew the only way to save Jason was to bring him down so he could help him. So he could save him.  

But on topic, no. While both headstrong and bullheaded, Damien and Jason are worlds apart. Damien is the product of years of intense training by assassins, and is disciplined and focused. Jason as Robin was someone who was raised by the streets of Crime Alley. He attack Batman with a tire iron for heaven's sake. They're fighting styles are completely different and the way they react to situations is just as different. Also, as far as their personality goes, Damien is a serious kid who thinks of nothing as a game, and takes everything VERY seriously. Jason as Robin was carefree and thought of life as a game. It wasn't until confronted with something from HIS world, that of the law not being willing to do anything to help a girl who had been raped, that he changed into a more serious Robin. 

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Primmaster64

dang

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daredevil21134
    @Primmaster64 said:
    "dang "

dang about what?
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @TriSkeith13:  I don't think I could have summed that up better. I totally agree with you about the Dick wanted to help Jason. And the whole thing about Damian just makes sense. Jason treated everything as a game while Damian takes everything a little too serious. Jason was effected by the raping of the woman that made him realize that the symbol of the bat and fear weren't working on these scum and he wasn't going to be the one that let him get away. Jason is what Gotham needs.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodJT said:
    " @TriSkeith13:  I don't think I could have summed that up better. I totally agree with you about the Dick wanted to help Jason. And the whole thing about Damian just makes sense. Jason treated everything as a game while Damian takes everything a little too serious. Jason was effected by the raping of the woman that made him realize that the symbol of the bat and fear weren't working on these scum and he wasn't going to be the one that let him get away. Jason is what Gotham needs. "

yup
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodJT

Its oh so true. "This town needs an enima."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.