Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

How does Jason Todd afford all his gear and living expenses?

• 52 results
    Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

How exactly does Jason pay for all his weapons, equipment, and living expenses? I mean, Bruce is filthy rich so thats how he can afford the Batmobile and what not, but somehow I doubt Bruce is giving Jason any sort of allowance XD, so how does Jason pay for his vast array of weaponry? I mean, in "Redhood & the Outlaws" issue 1 he even has a beachfront home on a tropical island, and can apparently afford to travel all the way from said island to the Himalayas.

In "Batman: Under the Redhood," Jason paid for all his stuff by taking huge cuts from the profits of all the big crime bosses in Gotham, claiming that since it was impossible to stop crime like Batman tried to do, he would instead CONTROL crime in Gotham. However, since Jason is clearly not in that extreme state of mind anymore, going from deluded supervillain to anti-hero, I think its safe to say he's not paying the bills in that particular fashion anymore (Starfire & Arsenal certainly wouldn't stick around if he was).

So yeah, does anyone have any info or ideas on where Jason gets his money from?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Talia at the end of lost days I think she said she would pay for all his expenses if he needed it. Could be wrong, been awhile since I read the issue.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

In  one of the two new issues it says he robbed from crimelords and paid off pretty well he could still be riding that.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

Lobdell sais he takes money from those he killed

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By daredevil21134

@BlackArmor said:

Lobdell sais he takes money from those he killed

Plus Talia

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

Talia at the end of lost days I think she said she would pay for all his expenses if he needed it. Could be wrong, been awhile since I read the issue.

Judd Winick seriously needs to be put down for that arc. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

I liked all of it to be honest. I love that Jason is just that %^& up. It essentially ends any chance Talia has with Bruce which is another good thing. She essentially has not development without Batman, and lets be honest that makes her useless.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

I liked all of it to be honest. I love that Jason is just that %^& up. It essentially ends any chance Talia has with Bruce which is another good thing. She essentially has not development without Batman, and lets be honest that makes her useless.
    It was a desecration of her character. Talia loves to the point of total obsession, that's her shtick. That's what sets her apart from others. She would never betray Bruce like that. Winick just wanted to have his little pet screw someone hot. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @FadeToBlackBolt
    I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. But someone who's into that extreme, like Talia's love obsession with Bruce is often prone to taking extreme revenge on the object of their affection that's jilted them.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

It was a desecration of her character. Talia loves to the point of total obsession, that's her shtick. That's what sets her apart from others. She would never betray Bruce like that. Winick just wanted to have his little pet screw someone hot.

Add Starfire to that list, he's boned Damian's mother, Bruce's ex and now Dick's ex but after leaving that for a cripple Grayson deserves it >:/

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Add Starfire to that list, he's boned Damian's mother, Bruce's ex and now Dick's ex but after leaving that for a cripple Grayson deserves it >:/

He's a cancer to the DCU. (Jason and Judd). Both should be killed off. 
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

=O...If my fave character wasn't Cyclops and we weren't best Cyclops friends and I didn't consider you an honorary Frostitute I would have to fly to Australia and hit you with a crowbar.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Lance Uppercut

I'm just going to throw this out there... but two dollars a sailor down at the dock, and a lot of men looking at long services off at sea with no women? Jason has some awfully pretty facial features. Of course, Jason wouldn't be happy about it, but neither would the men in the Navy, so it all kind of balances out somewhere.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

=O...If my fave character wasn't Cyclops and we weren't best Cyclops friends and I didn't consider you an honorary Frostitute I would have to fly to Australia and hit you with a crowbar.

And I would stop that from happening, because I'm not useless, unlike Jason =D 

(Cyclops is awesome fist bump)
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt: Ok bro tension moment over -brofists-

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Lance Uppercut said:

I'm just going to throw this out there... but two dollars a sailor down at the dock, and a lot of men looking at long services off at sea with no women? Jason has some awfully pretty facial features. Of course, Jason wouldn't be happy about it, but neither would the men in the Navy, so it all kind of balances out somewhere.

No way would jason do that.....he would send starfire and roy to walk that walk and get that money

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@BlackArmor said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

No way would jason do that.....he would send starfire and roy to walk that walk and get that money

After reading the initial issues with Starfire, I would imagine it doesn't take money to get her to do anything.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Hey hey leave me out of this lover's spat.

@Lance Uppercut
    You seem rather angry.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Lance Uppercut said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Lance Uppercut said:

After reading the initial issues with Starfire, I would imagine it doesn't take money to get her to do anything.

Jason: Hey star you get that money

Starfire: Money?

Jason: yeah you been at the dock all day right? doin what you gotta due to get what we gotta get

Starfire: yeah jason at least 100 people lined up for service

Jason: well you got the money right

Starfire: What money?

Roy:*snifle* J-jason I-I got the money

Jason: see Roy knows what he's doing

Starfire: well that explains how he paid for the drugs

Jason: now both of you get back to the docks, and starfire make sure they pay

*both leave*

Jason: *sigh* bein a pimp aint easy

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@TheCrowbar: How so?

@BlackArmor: Roy's the top for a reason.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Lance Uppercut: LOL

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Dude you gotta let that go now buddy

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Dude you gotta let that go now buddy

Let go? Have you met me? lol  

Never gonna happen =P
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

That's overboard dude.But if you hate him that much why not stay away from his forums and fans,just a suggestion.You know I like ya

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

That's overboard dude.But if you hate him that much why not stay away from his forums and fans,just a suggestion.You know I like ya

It's not overboard, and I usually do avoid him, I just popped in and saw one of Judd' many ridiculous ideas and commented. Doesn't happen that often. 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

It's not overboard, and I usually do avoid him, I just popped in and saw one of Judd' many ridiculous ideas and commented. Doesn't happen that often.

Well I guess its not offensive to call somebody's favorite character a cancer.But hey there is enough Jason Todd hate to go around so knock yourself out.XD

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Well I guess its not offensive to call somebody's favorite character a cancer.But hey there is enough Jason Todd hate to go around so knock yourself out.XD

Ahh, Jason's alright, most of my "hatred" toward him is really just transferred Winick hate. When Judd isn't writing him, I rather like Todd. 
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

Ahh, Jason's alright, most of my "hatred" toward him is really just transferred Winick hate. When Judd isn't writing him, I rather like Todd.

I totally understand that my brother

Rabbit_May_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbit_May_Cry

@FadeToBlackBolt: ...(deep breath)...Ok, ok. I thought you just genuinely hated Jason. I was all like ..."I've NEVER heard of a person who hated Jason Todd...maybe Tim Drake...but NEVER Jason Todd."

Winick's not that bad. Just take his stories out of DC, and put them in their own world. They make sense there.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: ...(deep breath)...Ok, ok. I thought you just genuinely hated Jason. I was all like ..."I've NEVER heard of a person who hated Jason Todd...maybe Tim Drake...but NEVER Jason Todd."

Winick's not that bad. Just take his stories out of DC, and put them in their own world. They make sense there.

You never heard of a person who hates Jason? WOW.

He takes money from criminals and his relationship with Talia is ill defined,which is my biggest issue with Lost Days,so i'm supposed to believe she's been funding him non stop since UTRH? despite no mention and differing characterization at the hands of other writers.Winick just opened a pointless can of worms.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@TheCrowbar said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

And she has'nt been with Bruce for a long time,she can get character development without having sex with a guy whom he raised as a son.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By daredevil21134

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Alot of people hate Jason,especially the ones that come on his forums.They can't stand to see his fans happy

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

@daredevil21134 said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

Alot of people hate Jason,especially the ones that come on his forums.They can't stand to see his fans happy

It's only fair,i mean Winnick and Lobdell can't stand to see us happy either.LOL

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daredevil21134

@entropy_aegis said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Rabbit_May_Cry said:

It's only fair,i mean Winnick and Lobdell can't stand to see us happy either.LOL

Well take up with them

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sinestro2828

@BlackArmor: Ah ha! So he steals from the criminals and gives to himself XD

Do you have a link to where Lobdell says this? Like a video or comicvine article?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

@Sinestro2828 said:

@BlackArmor: Ah ha! So he steals from the criminals and gives to himself XD

Do you have a link to where Lobdell says this? Like a video or comicvine article?

Its in Red Hood and the Outlaws 2

TriSkeith13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TriSkeith13

His initial funding came from Talia and the multiple shell corporation accounts she gave him access to. Follow that with his beggining of his drug trafficking, protection money, etc. that Jason has accrued in the form of his being a Crime Lord in Gotham, Star City, etc. Not only that, but apparently according to the new RH&O; he has also been screwing criminal organizations around the world out of money. Make no mistake, Jason Todd is rich. Not Bruce Wayne rich, but he is RICH.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Sinestro2828:
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
    saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By saiyan_earthling

I'd assume that Talia was helping him out.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sinestro2828

@TriSkeith13 said:

His initial funding came from Talia and the multiple shell corporation accounts she gave him access to. Follow that with his beggining of his drug trafficking, protection money, etc. that Jason has accrued in the form of his being a Crime Lord in Gotham, Star City, etc. Not only that, but apparently according to the new RH&O; he has also been screwing criminal organizations around the world out of money. Make no mistake, Jason Todd is rich. Not Bruce Wayne rich, but he is RICH.

Very cool, so basically he can tap into those corporation accounts whenever he has to on top of the money he cons out of criminal organizations around the world? Nice, & here I thought he was gonna need a financial backer or something >8D

TheWalkingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheWalkingman

i'm going with "he's Jason Todd it's best, not to know"

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By luckydomino1

i nthink batman is paying him and he tells him hey icant kill theses sicko's cause i got a rep to keep but you can

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By RainEffect
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

I'm going to engrave that on a plaque. Preferably protected by a case of hardened steel so I can beat someone senselessly over the head with it if they recommend Talia as a good girlfriend for Jason.
    Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Superguy0009e

he can afford it by shutthef####upit'sacomicbook (lol)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheCrowbar

@RainEffect said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @TheCrowbar said:
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn said:

I'm going to engrave that on a plaque. Preferably protected by a case of hardened steel so I can beat someone senselessly over the head with it if they recommend Talia as a good girlfriend for Jason.

Don't know if anyone is suggesting a relationship like that.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SmoothJammin

Do we know for sure, who Damian's father is?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @SmoothJammin said:

Is this a joke? O_o 

Yes, we know for certain that it's Bruce. 
    redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By redwingx

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@SmoothJammin said:

Is this a joke? O_o Yes, we know for certain that it's Bruce.

To be honest, we are not 100% sure.

superbatprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By superbatprime

Talia gave him basic starting capital (a hella lot of money considering it's Al Ghul style "starting capital", enough to get him to the point he enters the scene in UTH), I don't think she's actively funding him like some kind of sugar mommy though.

Even if it's canon she is, I'm ignoring it because what she did made no sense to me in the context of her character.

But I'll grant him the big fat Bag o' Money from Talia to start him off.

He then amassed a large fortune from organized crime based assets, don't forget Jason Todd was the biggest drug dealer in Gotham at one point and eating every slice of the pie at that table... So he used that money wisely, no doubt various hedge funds, dummy companies, offshore accounts etc were involved to maximize returns in minimum time.

Jason isn't stupid, crazy maybe, misguided certainly, stupid... no.

What you need to understand is that for these people, who operate at this kind of level... Money is a mere detail, just another tool to get the job done.

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By feargalr

Stealing stuff and selling it Id imagine, someone as trained as him would surely have some way to acquire money...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.