Follow

Jason Todd

Character » Jason Todd appears in 1755 issues.

Jason Todd was the second Robin, until he was brutally murdered by the Joker. After he was resurrected, Jason learned Batman didn't avenge his death. Anguished and seeking vengeance, he initially turned against his mentor and father figure and took on the Clown Prince's former identity: the Red Hood. He eventually returned to the Bat-Family and assembled a team of anti-heroes known as the Outlaws.

Here's to new beginnings...

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DarcStorm

Now that Jason's coming back, and everyone is already p!ssed about his costume, why not just bring him back as Red X? The time feels right for the character to make comic book appearances again. It would put Jason in a costume that's actually worthy, and it would put all the talk and doubt that Jason is Red X to rest for good. One step up this ongoing ladder.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By daredevil21134
    @DarcStorm said:
    "Now that Jason's coming back, and everyone is already pissed about his costume, why not just bring him back as Red X? The time feels right for the character to make comic book appearances again. It would put Jason in a costume that's actually worthy, and it would put all the talk and doubt that Jason is Red X to rest for good. One step up this ongoing ladder. "

interesting
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedK

that would be pretty cool

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

I prefer Red Hood, biker version. :P

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

Red X is a cool character but I've always liked Jason as the red hood for this:

No Caption Provided
    DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarcStorm

That's kinda flawed. The Joker was the one who killed Jason, not as Red Hood, but as himself. So it would've made more sense if he put the face paint on instead of the helmet. But it was a good turn of events to mess with Joker and Batman with the persona. Clever, daring, and slightly wrong to throw in mystery. The biker version of the Red Hood costume personifies vigilante, but there has to be an understanding that the Red X costume would have to be reworked into a comic book version (probably what it is now with better detail). This could be the identity that Jason uses to step out from all others, and become his own character no ex-robin, no 2nd rate joker. A character that DC would hopefully understand needs a spin-off of his own.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daredevil21134
    @DarcStorm said:
    "That's kinda flawed. The Joker was the one who killed Jason, not as Red Hood, but as himself. So it would've made more sense if he put the face paint on instead of the helmet. But it was a good turn of events to mess with Joker and Batman with the persona. Clever, daring, and slightly wrong to throw in mystery. The biker version of the Red Hood costume personifies vigilante, but there has to be an understanding that the Red X costume would have to be reworked into a comic book version (probably what it is now with better detail). This could be the identity that Jason uses to step out from all others, and become his own character no ex-robin, no 2nd rate joker. A character that DC would hopefully understand needs a spin-off of his own. "

Nicely done
    RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RedHoodsDen

I'm just too in love with the Biker get up. 

Plus Red Hood just plays so many ways. The Red Hood was about transformation, which fits with Jason. It's plays into the fact he was Robin...Hood...Robin Hood a bit. It plays into the fact he looks like a guy holding up a liquor store [ Bruce's big fear was Jason would become....a hood] 

I love it just too much.

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Band Lone

Red X is all about the mystery about who it is under the suit if they would make him Red X then the big mystery surrounding Red X would be lost 

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Who wears the logo of a failed image upload on their head anyway lol?

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DarcStorm

No...it was never about who Red X was to me, it was just about when they were gonna reveal that it was Jason.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @DarcStorm:  I see what you're saying about the whole Red X thing but to say that the Red Hood didn't make much sense that he should have painted his face. That makes no sense. See there had been multiple Red Hoods all trying to be the next Red Hood. They would be bank robbers, petty criminals, etc. but when Jason came back as the Red Hood not only did Batman and Nightwing think that it was a lacky or goon of the Jokers but they were shocked when they found out he was taking out the criminals that sold to children and leaving the rest alive to control crime by fear. The real way fear works. It made total sense to me. But I do like your idea about the Red X. I just don't see many of us going for it because we all love the Biker outfit the best.
    DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DarcStorm

I didn't say that Red Hood didn't make sense? I said that It would had made more sense if he were doin' what Batman was doin'. Batman became Batman because he fears bats. So Jason should've became another clown-like character because of his fear of the Joker...if he was goin' by the whole fear thing. I love Red Hood, and I love Red X...they're the same person. But what I'm sayin' is that since they want to give Jason a weird costume instead of returnin' him back to his original Red Hood costume, why not just change him to Red X? It's about that time anyway.

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RedHoodJT

In an issue I read of Batman it said that the reason that Bruce chose the symbol of the bat wasn't because he was afraid of them but because he remembered seeing his dad in a bat man costume for a Halloween party before his parents were murdered. That's why he chose to be Batman. And I get what you are saying but then people would think that he was the reason the gang called the Jokerz started in Batman Beyond. Too much of a similarity there. Wouldn't really work. Or he would be mistaken for a lackey of the Jokers and he didn't want that either.

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DarcStorm
    @RedHoodJT:@Nighthunter said:
    " Red X is a cool character but I've always liked Jason as the red hood for this:

No Caption Provided
    "
    This is what we were talkin' about (read the yellow). Don't get me wrong I do NOT want to see Jason as a make-up wearin' wanna-be. I was sayin' how the narrators thought was flawed, 'cause Joker was barely the Red Hood, and he was the Joker when he killed Jason. That why I said the post would've made more sense if he came back as a clown.
    daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134

Red Hood 4 Life
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RedHoodJT

I totally get what you are saying now. It makes sense.

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DarcStorm

Screw that damn helmet...(Hahaa, 'cause it looks like somethin' women like to use)...bring in the Red-X costume.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevil21134
    @RedHoodsDen said:
    " I still think it makes more sense to say it isn't a biker costume, he's dressed to look like a "Hood"....a hoodlum. The helmet is more stylized ski-mask than bike helmet. Say that he's actually dressed as Bruce's worst fears for what Jason would become if Bruce didn't take him in...and that double backs onto something else...Jason's dressed like the kinda guy who might mug you in Crime Alley...you...or the Waynes. "
    lol
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedHoodJT
    @DarcStorm:  To be honest about the whole Red X thing and the Teen Titans cartoon that he came from. I hate that cartoon. It was a joke. To me it seemed like a toddlers show of the Teen Titans. The animation and everything just didn't fit the characters. I'm so glad that its over. Young Justice on the other hand. Is actually pretty damn good. Its serious, with brief moments of comedy just like the actual Teen Titans books are. Now that is a cartoon.
    DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DarcStorm

The cartoon would have nothin' to do with the Red-X in comics. This would be something that a lot of fans want. The Red-X persona really in the mainstream comics, and Jason Todd havin' his OWN identity. No Red Hood...(Joker), no Batman...(Bruce), no Nightwing...(Dick), and no Robin...(enter name here). Red-X IS him. And in the comics HE would be the first to wear it, so it would be his.

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RedHoodsDen

They should just use Red-X in Batman Beyond's comic-make it a place for non-canon characters.

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarcStorm

I use to think this too...Red X is the Red Hood of Batman Beyond. But...who would Red X be? Does Jason have some dude that he'll train to take over for him?

RedHoodsDen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RedHoodsDen

Well Red X was sort of the "Eric the Red" identity of Titans, no? Can't it be a lot of people?

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarcStorm

No...Red X is like a high-tech Red Hood...just like Batman Beyond to Batman. So there should only be one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.