Follow

James Robinson

Person » James Robinson is credited in 876 issues.

British comic book writer based in San Francisco. Sometimes credited as James Dale Robinson. He is best known for his 90s series: Starman, and as the writer for Earth 2 in the New 52.

James Robinson to Leave EARTH 2

• 176 results
    CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@the_stegman: I know. It's just when I hear Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Al Pratt and other members of JSA I think of Golden Age (favorite age after Silver!). And I did not know of his writing style.

They are probably just praising because change is coming. Go read a blog about Barry Allen and see how many Wally fans came to trash it because Barry took place of Wally of the Flash before New 52 and in the New 52 since they loved Wally ever so much.

paralaxsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By paralaxsteve

Oh my goodness that came a bit out of the blue. Good luck James I hope we get to see more of your work again soon and I hope you continue to feature on the podcast

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By hyenascar

@cobra88king8 said:

Why am I not surprised? I now know what D in DC stands for, Dumb

well if nothing else i like trying to guess what the c stands for.

Someone want to help me guess.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By nappystr8

How many years has James Robinson been loyally exclusive to DC? He even let editorial talk him into doing Cry for Justice. Whatever happened to make him leave in what seems to be a very premature manner, it had to be big.

Earth 2 is easily in the top 5 New 52 books, and that's mostly due to James Robinson. I doubt I'll be continuing on with it once Robinson leaves.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@br_havoc: for a crossover, you have to settle up the whole crossover in your own book and work closely with other people ...I guess it is a lot of work. and you have to see eye to eye with these other people

Robinson would probably have been the only architect of the crossover on the earth 2 side...

I am worried it will be Lobdell too... he seems to end up everywhere and screw thing up

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

#156  Edited By Arkhamc1tizen
    Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope that Earth 2 doesn't turn into another Batman book.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158  Edited By BR_Havoc

@br_havoc: for a crossover, you have to settle up the whole crossover in your own book and work closely with other people ...I guess it is a lot of work. and you have to see eye to eye with these other people

Robinson would probably have been the only architect of the crossover on the earth 2 side...

I am worried it will be Lobdell too... he seems to end up everywhere and screw thing up

Yeah Lobdell is the go to company man that will write exactly what the editors want. He will also drag out stories and do unnecessary cross overs. All things DC likes at the moment.

I think it would be extremely hard to deal with a group of people that were taking away a lot of the artist freedom you had in your book to make a cross over. So unless more facts come out in my opinion that might of been the driving factor in Robinson's leaving.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By Night Thrasher
    Loading Video...

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he isn't the one that made Alan gay it was editor's, and there was a time when 2 yrs wasn't long for a run in comics people.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was Robinson not the editors that made the decision. He even said as much.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is talk that there will be another Earth 2 book. He might get that one. I really wish they didn't bring a new Batman to Earth 2.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@catsnlynne said:

There is talk that there will be another Earth 2 book. He might get that one. I really wish they didn't bring a new Batman to Earth 2.

I agree. I wasn't thrilled when I read there was going to be a Batman on Earth 2.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Vaeternus

More accurate indeed lol. DC has tons of options, I love Earth 2 so I doubt this will effect it that much. They have the new Batman of Earth 2 coming too so I'm hyped about that.

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: People are complaining because James is a fantastic writer, one of the best at DC, and he was doing what he does best- universe building. The dialogue in Starman was pretty awkward at first too but he found the series's voice. That's the other reason I think people are upset, this was supposed to be his next Starman, but editorial probably f'ed it up by trying to backseat drive his creative process. I'm still not convinced this new batman was his idea, I think it was DC not being able to bear having a title not centered around Batman

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Only ever read one issue but I did enjoy it, all the best in the future James.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By LarryDavis

So much for that new Starman we were supposed to see.

ggwwhwwhat??? ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc maybe wants to do a new Starman the new 52 way.

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ILLO_29

@avengers_4everxx: I'm with you there, Earth 2 was supposed to be a world after the death of the Trinity and new hero's where coming to take their place. The whole Batman on Earth 2 just never jived with how understood what Earth 2 was supposed to be about.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By colonyofcells

It does seem like even earth 2 has to be turned into a Batman title so Earth 2 will sell. I still feel bad that Birds of Prey was turned into a Batman title for New 52.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By SmoothJammin

James is one of my top ten favorite writers, this is horrible news . No use in speculating, what's done is done. If you're reading this Mr. Robinson, I wish you all the best in your future endeavors, no matter what you choose to do with your career you have my support and thanks. You introduced me to many great stories and provided me with hours of smiles listening to your podcasts, watching your interviews and reading your content. DC is losing a phenomenal talent. Have a blessed day! :)

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

DC, you are failing, and failing big with stuff like this happening. The situation in New 52 has just gone from bad to worse. I'm severely disappointed with Robinson going but with how things are going there right now, I can't say I'm not entirely surprised either.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

...welp, this happened.

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Lamenoire

@colonyofcells: earth 2 is already selling well. that's why there are rumors about a new serie happening in this universe (either Batman or the World Army team Atom will be leading)

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#176  Edited By kennybaese

This is a pretty huge bummer, and it's pretty likely now that I'm going to be dropping this book in favor of something else. Maybe I'll add Hawkeye to the pull list instead of just reading the trades. Have both archer books monthly.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there is a second Earth 2 book, knowing DC it will be all about Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.