Follow

Jackpot

Character » Jackpot appears in 61 issues.

Jackpot is a new registered hero with The Initiative who fights in New York City. There have been two people to take the Jackpot identity, Alana Jobson who died, and first and current heir Sara Ehret.

Jackpot get's a mini series

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Fan Expo revealed that on January 2010 Jackpot will have a mini series.... 

and a new look!!! 
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

So...didn't she die in some horribly-anticlimactic way? Wasn't she some Mary Jane red herring, like a friend or neighbor or something that put on a red wig? All the new characters created for "Brand New Day", besides Anti-Venom, are either terrible or convoluted. I'm glad they decided to finally bring back the classics...

Oh, and Boomerang is awesome. One of the best low-level, jobber villains around.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @RaptorFratBoy: Mr Negative sucks?
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @geraldthesloth: Yes.
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " @geraldthesloth: Yes. "
    O_O

The brand new day redesigns have been AWESOME.
    look what they did to Hammerhead!
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Like this look better than her old costume
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " @RaptorFratBoy said:
    O_O  The brand new day redesigns have been AWESOME. look what they did to Hammerhead! "
    Yeah, the REdesigns have been pretty-OK...But the new characters have just lacked passion, and originality for that matter. Mr. Negative MIGHT pay-off, but it's too early to tell. Reading any of the new characters, though, you can almost feel through the writing that they'd rather be writing The Lizard or Rhino...
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

Costume = Upgrade

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    " @geraldthesloth said:
    " @RaptorFratBoy said:
    O_O  The brand new day redesigns have been AWESOME. look what they did to Hammerhead! "
    Yeah, the REdesigns have been pretty-OK...But the new characters have just lacked passion, and originality for that matter. Mr. Negative MIGHT pay-off, but it's too early to tell. Reading any of the new characters, though, you can almost feel through the writing that they'd rather be writing The Lizard or Rhino... "
    Anti Venom was the worst thing they've done..a new symbiote to bring back a crappy 90's trend?
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @geraldthesloth: Yeah, well, at least it WORKED and people actually give a crap about him rather than Freak, Paper Doll, etc. etc. that were supposed to be the dawning of a new age of Spider-villains. 

And this so-called "Crappy 90's Trend" that you're probably referring to Venom as...? While that may be partially true, the character still has a HUGE fanbase, and mainstream audiences know who he is thanks to the movie and cartoons. Keeping him around in any way, shape, or form isn't such a bad idea...At all. Venom = $$$
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By CellphoneGirl

^_^

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sora_thekey
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    "^_^ "

I second that.....
    Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Legacy_
    @sora_thekey said:
    "@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    "^_^ "
    I second that..... "

Co-Signed
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RaptorFratBoy

*Ahem, cough cough* Sorry to vent off-topic...I approve of Jackpot getting her own mini, as apparently she has fans, and there NEEDS to be more successful female characters. I only hope this cleans-up her backstory and makes her relevant to the Marvel U as a whole...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sora_thekey
    @RaptorFratBoy said:
    "*Ahem, cough cough* Sorry to vent off-topic...I approve of Jackpot getting her own mini, as apparently she has fans, and there NEEDS to be more successful female characters. I only hope this cleans-up her backstory and makes her relevant to the Marvel U as a whole... "

She kind of already is.... since she was part of the Initiative... did you read ASM Annual No. 35?
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @sora_thekey: No, sadly, I am a forced "Trade-Waiter". I live on an island in Alaska, no comics sold anywhere, thus the waiting. And I REFUSE to download/not pay for them. 

That's awesome she's in the Initiative, though. Didn't know that, but that right there already makes her better in my eyes...Love that book...
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sora_thekey
    RaptorFratBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RaptorFratBoy
    @sora_thekey: Thanks! But you know, if I tried to keep track of every single character my head would explode. I can really only rely on "headline" stories and reviews that rarely spoil too much for information, and Wikipedia's articles are hit-and-miss as far as being updated regularly, or with any more information than the reviews. So yeah...That's why I talk to you guys! You all know things! Hahaha...
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sora_thekey
    @RaptorFratBoy: Ok so let me give you the bridge version.... The original Jackpot was a chick named Sara she gave up the job after being trained for the Initiative so some girl named Alana took the pills and everything to gain the powers and took over the mantle... well anyways that ended up killiing her and Spidey blamed Sara because she let her take over even though she wasn't trained.... and that's as much as I can go since the next story is this mini on January...
    Boomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Boomerang

Do you think they will address the whole Jacob Conover Rose? After he was revealed and arrested he hasn't been seen since.  
    Boomerang looks awesome on this cover too. That is nice to see, always have a soft spot for the Rogues on the lower end of the totem pole. And I always thought he could be just as dangerous as Bullseye if someone allowed him to be(the closest they tried was way back in the 80's and early 90's. Spectacular Spider-Man #73, #81 and the Deadly Foes of Spider-man series really touched upon him being able to use any object as a dangerous weapon)

I'm not really that excited about Jackpot, because yeah, most of Brand New Day was a little too Happy Go Lucky for me.  
    I really also hate the fact that the people who knew Peter was Spider-man before Civil War...now do not. Once I realized Norman Osborn did not know who Spider-man was during American Son, I nearly stopped reading the rest of the story. Then the same thing happened with the Chameleon(loved the new take and look for him as well). I kinda wish my memory had been erased from 15-18 years of reading Spider-Man so I could take what I'm reading a little more seriously.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.