Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11209 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

What are Iron Man's most durable suits? Their abilities?

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not much of an Iron Man expert. I was just wondering, for those of you who are, what are Iron Man's most durable suits? I know Hulkbuster is a mighty brute. But I also hear the Thorbuster is a powerhouse too. But then there's the SKIN, which I hear is close to Adamantium in terms of durability. If so, how did he make it like that without Adamantium?

If you could put his most durable suits in order from one to five, or one to ten, what ranks as his toughest suit, second, third, and so on?

mikex20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

His adamantium suit was durable.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say his Thorbuster suit was probably the most durable mainly because it was brushing off hits from a Skyfather (King Thor). His second most durable would probably be his Iron Destroyer armor from Fear Itself. The material in it was magically enchanted Uru metal (same stuff Mjolnir is made out of). Third would probably be Bleeding-Edge because it took hits from Thor and an amped Grey Gargoyle (amped by the Serpent and he was amped to Thor levels of strength, power, durability, etc.) and Ulik (amped by the High Evolutionary). Hulk-buster (from World War Hulk) was probably the fourth since it tanked plenty of hits from an enraged Hulk. Then I'd say Extremis is next since it tanked two really hard hits from Odin Force Thor, Sentry, and Hulk. He also tanked a nuclear explosion in this suit.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say his Thorbuster suit was probably the most durable mainly because it was brushing off hits from a Skyfather (King Thor). His second most durable would probably be his Iron Destroyer armor from Fear Itself. The material in it was magically enchanted Uru metal (same stuff Mjolnir is made out of). Third would probably be Bleeding-Edge because it took hits from Thor and an amped Grey Gargoyle (amped by the Serpent and he was amped to Thor levels of strength, power, durability, etc.) and Ulik (amped by the High Evolutionary). Hulk-buster (from World War Hulk) was probably the fourth since it tanked plenty of hits from an enraged Hulk. Then I'd say Extremis is next since it tanked two really hard hits from Odin Force Thor, Sentry, and Hulk. He also tanked a nuclear explosion in this suit.

Sounds about right!

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That armor he made in an What If comic

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I think it's the Iron Destroyer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.