Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11209 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Thor and Captain America Movies in 3D?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
    IRON MAN 2 3D = IRON MAN 6D?
    IRON MAN 2 3D = IRON MAN 6D?

As I’ve said throughout a lot of my coverage of these movies, I’m continually impressed with the amount of horse sense Marvel Studios has demonstrated in the making of these blockbusters. The latest demonstration of reason comes out of an interview studio president Kevin Feige did with the LA Times wherein he admits that they considered putting IRON MAN 2 out in the 3D, but decided to instead put the time into finessing the movie itself.

So uttered Mr. Feige…

"We couldn't have turned over a version of the movie 10 or 20 weeks earlier for 3-D conversion without undermining the quality… We used all the time we had for mixing and editing and discovering the right tone."

However, he goes on to say that the success of many movies riding this current 3D craze (ALICE IN WONDERLAND, CLASH OF THE TITANS, AVATAR, et al) hasn’t gone unnoticed by Marvel. The movie people are investigating the third dimension and, according to Feige, it’s an inevitability that they’ll be putting out some glasses-requisite movies. THOR might get converted to 3D for release, while THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE AVENGERS might actually get shot in 3D.

I don’t really have that strong of an opinion regarding 3D movies, either way. My life wasn’t changed forever, like some people’s were, by the 3D in AVATAR. It didn’t seem like it really added much to my viewing of CLASH OF THE TITANS, either.  At the same time, I don’t find it as intrusive a gimmick as a lot fans seem to, either. I’ve yet to see a movie that’s been released exclusively in 3D - - so if there’s always going to be a 2D option, what’s the big whoop? I’ll say that the best 3D experiences I’ve had were with TERMINATOR 2: 3D at Universal Studios and MUPPETS 3D at Disney MGM (or Disney Hollywood, or whatever it’s called now).   I think that had more to do with the fact that they really played the magic show aspect of it up.

Anyway, what say you, oh three dimensional Comic Vine community? Would you want Cap’s shield or Thor’s hammer flying off the screen and in your face?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hdorman1

if its shot in 3D thats cool 
    but if its converted to 3D it never looks as good 

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Not a big fan of 3D

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

3D's not that big of a deal to me either, I like it, but it's not super mind blowing to me either.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Caligula

well i love 3d

Jim Halpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jim Halpert

Too much focus on 3D may mean less focus on the acting. 

I could care less for 3D or not.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle

50 years from now we'll be able to go inside the movie.............................. 

I hope I land in Jack Slaters car, like that kid did 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O

I don't want 3-D. 

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I really don't care for 3D.

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dark Cell

Omg.I cant wait till when everyone gets over this 3d phase

Avatar image for hrdwrkngxsoldier
    hrdwrkngXsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#11  Edited By hrdwrkngXsoldier

3-d is overhyped.  Avatar was overhyped.  I would just like less gimick and more substance.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Theodore

Don't care about 3-D

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By InnerVenom123

Post-Production 3D is fail.

Question08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Question08

Didn't we get over this fad once already?  3D has three uses; pointing (weapons or fingers), snake monsters, and pixies/small floating objects.  Even those aren't improved by the 3D, they just remind you that you're sitting in a theater with stupid glasses on.
    Joe_E_Nigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joe_E_Nigma

not only does 3d hurt my eyes, i think it's just a stupid gimmick for them to get more people to come, seriously, if they want thor to be a GOOD movie, they need to spend some serious time on it and not worry about 3d. ditto for Captain America, which i think has already been ruined by Chris Evans but who knows. 

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By doordoor123

Knowing that Thor has already been shooting, i dont think it will be very good. 3-D isnt very good unless its shot in 3-D. Theyre probably going to add 3-D after the picture is finished. Its gunna look bad. A good comparison is Avatar (shot in 3-D) and Alice in Wonderland (3-D added after shooting)

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruce Vain

Could we please stop with all these 3-D movies ? Not every big blockbuster film needs to be in 3-D it's all just a fade.
    ChrisTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ChrisTaylor

3D = more expensive = lame

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nova`Prime`

If the movie is shot in 3d I don't really have a problem with it, but I saw Clash of the Titans in 3D and I wasn't overly impressed, most of the movie it looked like you could watch without the glasses. Now Avatar I believe needed to be in 3D because lets face it that movie was going to need all the help it could get and the little bit extra for 3D did help its overall sales. But I just don't see a need for 3D in a movie like Cap, Thor, or Avengers.

DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkSyde79

Film’d in 3D IMAX… GREAT!!! Might cost me $20 but hey, it’s an experience. Upgraded to 3D… HELL NO!!! 

Gennadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gennadius

I'm not sure about a 3D thor or cap movie but an 3D Avengers movie actually sounds cool.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#22  Edited By HaloKing343

Avatar was cool but Iron Man 2 was also cool just normal. I don't see the big deal. 3D isn't revolutionary, it's just a sorta weird effect. I'd be fine if the new movies were filmed in regular. I don't really mind either way.
    spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spiderpigbart

3-D movies have been ruining a perfectly good dimension!!!!!  I don't want more!

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nyogtha

I thought 3D failed in the 80's? Friday the 13th part 3 anyone?

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

im glad they put the time into improving the second movie so it didnt suck like the first one--im sure it cost them money though for it to be 2D

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@DarkSyde79 said:
    "

Film’d in 3D IMAX… GREAT!!! Might cost me $20 but hey, it’s an experience. Upgraded to 3D… HELL NO!!! 

"
    i know people get mad about clash of the titans 3d, but upgraded to 3d sometime works.  have you watched alice in wonderland??
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DH69

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_fallen11

I don't like 3D, hopefully this is just a phase Hollywood is going through that will end as quickly as it started.

Thor63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Thor63

i dont care AS LONG AS THOR IS NOT IN 3D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bio Guyver

3D is a wildcard for me. If it doesn't give me a headache, I'll be fine watching it in 3D.

Chane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chane
    @ChrisTaylor said:
    " 3D = more expensive = lame "
    this
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lustwish

who cares, what it a good movie? there ya go.  3D can be fun, but its more expensive at the theater let me tell you. 

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By -Eclipse-

Avatar was great visually simply because it had great special effects. Sure, it had cool 3D, but as you get into the movie, you kinda forget the fact that it's in 3D and just enjoy it. I wasn't constantly thinking "Wow, the 3D in this movie is great!", I was thinking how great the special effects were and how I was enjoying it. 

I haven't watched many movies in 3D, but I did see Clash of the Titans. And that was crap.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
    texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By texasdeathmatch

3D is a toughy. You can only really enjoy it if you're sitting in the middle row or above. Watched Avatar the first time in 3D front row, ugh, was a little overwhelming for me to handle. You get all disoriented. Also, Avatar's 3D worked cause of the natural environment; I feel like Captain America's time and setting won't be "enhanced" if 3D is involved. Also, how many times can they have Captain America throw his shield into the crowd till it gets old?

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By TheMess1428

They have to have a 2D version for all of these movies. You need TWO eyes to see in 3D. Every kind of 3D requires 2 eyes. Even RealD. My dad has one eye. His left eye is made of glass. And he can't see 3D movies. So as long as we have people with only 1 eye out there, we have to have 2D versions of movies.

this guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By this guy

i HATE 3D and if they even think about doing it ... the movie is way better with out 3D and you can better see whats going on in the movie i say no 3D!

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Moomin123

There were loads of bits in Iron Man 2 that I thought could've been good in 3D, but they were just as good 2D.

I'm glad Thor and Cap will be in 3D, because to be honest, 3D does make the film a little better, I've always thought that 3D was a little like having HD in a cinema, except everything comes out at you.

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mv

3d is getting annoying now it's not gonna make the movie any better

devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By devilmanex

3D detracted from my Avatar experience if you ask me.   I didn't know where to look at times and other times the 3D was distracting.  It could have been due to where I was sitting but I'll prob never go watch a 3D film again.  It was a gimmick to get my extra money.  Now when we get 3D blu ray's and games that Sony's promising I might check that out when the prices come down.  As of right now the Blu-ray experience on my 2mil: 1 contrast 1080p is by far superior than anything I've seen in theatres

inkbot01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By inkbot01

I think Marvel should focus on telling a compelling story first with their new franchises. Right now I think that 3D is still being used more as a gimmick than as a way of enhancing the experience.  

Chris 
    www.inkbot.net 
    Online Comic Site 
    Check out our new issues

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Tony Rogers

Thor and Cap will be GREAT movies whether they are in 3d or not

King_Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By King_Thor

My greatest concern is that the movie might not be taken as "seriously" as some.  It seems the old perception of 3D movies is that those types of movies were more aimed at kids.  Now?  I suppose it didn't hurt Avatar, but Avatar would've done well without the 3D, in my opinion.   

My hope is that the movie ,Thor, be appreciated by everyone as having a strong plot, a likable hero and supporting cast and great special effects...just a great over all movie...and that Thor is properly portrayed. 

If those things happen, I'm not too worried about whether or not it's in 3D.

iLove3Dddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iLove3Dddd

TheMess1428 your dad with one eye can still watch a movie screening in 3d. He'll just see the left or right images only depending on which eye he has, and not see the stereoscopic offset in the other images meant for the other eye. Ive noticed people with one eye walk side to side as if to see things from a different angle to get depth perception so they can reach out and grab things without missing and not run into trees. Following this line of thought if you were to get a back massager running at same frequency as projector, and put it on his head and hold the glasses in front of him, he might vibrate at the right rate so his one eye sees left then right and he gets the excellent 3d experience everyone else seems to be enjoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.