Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11209 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

This Iron Man Armor? (new armor in "Assassination of Tony Stark)

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

Who is this?

What can the armor do?

Is it better than Bleeding edge?

No Caption Provided

I need answers Please!!! lol

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

Its war machine. We do not know yet what it is capable of yet fully

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

@Kallarkz said:

How do you know its War Machine? Isn't War Machine a name of James Rhodes armor?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By danhimself

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

How do you know its War Machine? Isn't War Machine a name of James Rhodes armor?

James Rhodes is wearing it but he's going under the name of Iron Man

I don't see how Tony could make anything that's better than the Bleeding Edge armor without implementing Extremis into it in some way

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

Rhodey is currently wearing the armor as Iron Man as Tony has "retired" from being Iron Man in the current story arc of Invincible Iron Man.

@danhimself said:

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

I don't see how Tony could make anything that's better than the Bleeding Edge armor without implementing Extremis into it in some way

I'm actually curious on what else he could actually do with the Bleeding Edge armor or how he can out do it. It can do pretty much anything, seemingly form any form of weaponry, and can even change its design to better suit different situation. Anything thing else could possibly just be a downgrade.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

I'm actually curious on what else he could actually do with the Bleeding Edge armor or how he can out do it. It can do pretty much anything, seemingly form any form of weaponry, and can even change its design to better suit different situation. Anything thing else could possibly just be a downgrade.

from what I've understood the Bleeding Edge is very much like the Modular Armor of the early 90's where it could be adapted to fit any situation with a series of bolt on equipment but with the Bleeding Edge all of that stuff is in the armor already and all he needs to do is think about it and the armor will form the necessary parts for that situation

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

from what I've understood the Bleeding Edge is very much like the Modular Armor of the early 90's where it could be adapted to fit any situation with a series of bolt on equipment but with the Bleeding Edge all of that stuff is in the armor already and all he needs to do is think about it and the armor will form the necessary parts for that situation

Exactly. Which, while awesome and is exactly what I think Tony would need with the kind of threats he faces, the only issue I'm curious about is where does he go from here. One of the things that makes Iron Man interesting is seeing him continuing to advance and upgrade his armor, but with the Bleeding Edge it would seems he's gone as far as he can as is able to do pretty much anything now. Anything else could possibly be an downgrade, which is the opposite of how Tony works. Like for example, when Invincible Iron Man #25 came out, Tony having lost the Extremist due to what happened in Secret Invasion and having his mind erased, before the Bleeding Edge armor was revealed I was expecting Marvel to make Tony more like his movie version and bring his armor back to having it be a separate suit that he would have to put on mainly and wouldn't always have. 

But I realized that would only be a downgrade, but more importantly we've seen Tony being placed in two situations in this current series, one when he was in a building during the Five Nightmares storyline and the Stark Resilient one as well, where Tony was caught in an explosion and if it weren't for Extremist or the Bleeding Edge armor('s) he would have been killed. So how are they going to be able to further the Iron Man armor without downgrading it where he isn't equipped for those kinds of situations?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

Exactly. Which, while awesome and is exactly what I think Tony would need with the kind of threats he faces, the only issue I'm curious about is where does he go from here. One of the things that makes Iron Man interesting is seeing him continuing to advance and upgrade his armor, but with the Bleeding Edge it would seems he's gone as far as he can as is able to do pretty much anything now. Anything else could possibly be an downgrade, which is the opposite of how Tony works. Like for example, when Invincible Iron Man #25 came out, Tony having lost the Extremist due to what happened in Secret Invasion and having his mind erased, before the Bleeding Edge armor was revealed I was expecting Marvel to make Tony more like his movie version and bring his armor back to having it be a separate suit that he would have to put on mainly and wouldn't always have. But I realized that would only be a downgrade, but more importantly we've seen Tony being placed in two situations in this current series, one when he was in a building during the Five Nightmares storyline and the Stark Resilient one as well, where Tony was caught in an explosion and if it weren't for Extremist or the Bleeding Edge armor('s) he would have been killed. So how are they going to be able to further the Iron Man armor without downgrading it where he isn't equipped for those kinds of situations?

ok so I'm confused...I thought that the Skrull virus just knocked out the Extremis armor...not the actual bodily upgrades that the Extremis Virus made to him and that the Bleeding Edge armor was just an upgraded Extremis suit...am I wrong?

i really don't know where he can go from here....I'm sure that the writers will think of something awesome at some point

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is so ugly I hope it's not around long enough to even have the time to explain. The Bleeding Edge looked bad enough, but this?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @danhimself said:

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Kallarkz said:

Exactly. Which, while awesome and is exactly what I think Tony would need with the kind of threats he faces, the only issue I'm curious about is where does he go from here. One of the things that makes Iron Man interesting is seeing him continuing to advance and upgrade his armor, but with the Bleeding Edge it would seems he's gone as far as he can as is able to do pretty much anything now. Anything else could possibly be an downgrade, which is the opposite of how Tony works. Like for example, when Invincible Iron Man #25 came out, Tony having lost the Extremist due to what happened in Secret Invasion and having his mind erased, before the Bleeding Edge armor was revealed I was expecting Marvel to make Tony more like his movie version and bring his armor back to having it be a separate suit that he would have to put on mainly and wouldn't always have. But I realized that would only be a downgrade, but more importantly we've seen Tony being placed in two situations in this current series, one when he was in a building during the Five Nightmares storyline and the Stark Resilient one as well, where Tony was caught in an explosion and if it weren't for Extremist or the Bleeding Edge armor('s) he would have been killed. So how are they going to be able to further the Iron Man armor without downgrading it where he isn't equipped for those kinds of situations?

ok so I'm confused...I thought that the Skrull virus just knocked out the Extremis armor...not the actual bodily upgrades that the Extremis Virus made to him and that the Bleeding Edge armor was just an upgraded Extremis suit...am I wrong?

i really don't know where he can go from here....I'm sure that the writers will think of something awesome at some point

I may be getting something confused, it's been a while since I read the issues and are just going off of memory. The Bleeding Edge armor, as Mr. Fantastic put it, was Extremis 2.0 but Tony simply said it was "what comes next" or something like that, but it is an upgraded Extremist suit. So yeah, he didn't actually lose it and you're right the virus just knocked Extremis out.
    Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tony_Shark

This is War Machine going by "Iron Man". Tony is trying to get public accountability back.

SupahForeigner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By SupahForeigner

That is one sexy armour.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tyrus

It's kind of annoying how Rhodey always takes on a darker version of any armor Tony has made...

Avatar image for extremis_reboot
    Extremis_Reboot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Extremis_Reboot

For those of you unsure on what exaclty is going on...

The Skrull virus shut down a lot of Stark tech, the big thing being that it killed Extremis. The armor itself could still function, and you do see Tony use it shortly before going on the run from the Dark Avengers. However, without the Extremis upgrading his reflexes and mental capabilities, he simply couldn't make the armor work properly. Extremis had bridged the gap, and now it was gone. However, after the whole "Stark Dissasembled" storyline, they used bits of the Rescue suit, a backup of his memory, Pepper's magnetic Repulsor unit, and Thor's lightning to "reboot" his brain. Though the Extremis upgrades were gone at the time, his brain and body were still a kind of biological machine, so, it worked. This reboot, however, also managed to reverse whatever it was exaclty that was keeping the Extremis offline. Therefore, he added the new bleeding edge armor to the extremis solution already in his body. As i read in a description of this suit once, "Tony Stark now truely is Iron Man." Of course, then he vented it from his system, so, He doesn't have a suit at all last I checked. Minus the above pictured Super-War Machine. (that's what I call it. Deal.)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.