Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

The Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes - Micro-Episode 1 - Iron Man

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

When the premiere for Marvel's new animated TV show, The Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes, was announced it was also mentioned that the October 20th premiere would not seem like such a long wait with the fact that beginning today (Wed Sept 22nd) "Disney XD, DisneyXD.com/Avengers, Marvel.com MarvelKids.com and Disney XD Mobile will roll out 20 micro-episodes introducing the team's core members." 

No Caption Provided
    Well, as promised (by Marvel and Disney) today, the first Micro-Episode was released on the internet for everyone who is hesitant to watch the series. The first episode focuses on; Iron Man.

"Iron Man is Born!"
    When the villainous organization known as HYDRA attacks the United Nations, the fate of the world's leaders rests in the hands of Tony Stark, the Invincible Iron Man! 
    Writen by Brandon Auman
    Directed by Victor Heuck

I am guessing that there are twenty episodes for ten characters because the characters will be getting two episodes each. Beats my theory about the ten unannounced team members of the Avengers that would take part in these Micro-Episodes.

Every day through October 11th, Marvel.com will be releasing one of these Micro episodes so be sure to watch how these individuals come together and become "Earth Mightiest Heroes"; The Avengers.
    I know we are only one episode in, but what do you think so far?

Source: Marvel.com
    -- Geo (sora_thekey ), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek! 

roadbuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By roadbuster

Thanks for the update, link, etc. 

I had a lot of trouble with the early sneak peek trailer and this short plus the promotional videos on the channel haven't allayed my issues. 

I don't want to rail against someone's hard work (giving an exhaustive list of reasons), especially when things like these may eventually come into their own, so I'll just say that it isn't clicking with me.  I support just about everything comic related... I've watched Iron Man Armored Adventures (2009), Krypto the Superdog (2005), Fantastic Four (2006), motion comics, and all manner of programming of ill repute... but of course my excitement varies and I'm not excited about this. 

That said, I hope I'm wrong, I hope it does well, and good on Marvel for getting enough grip on their licenses to finally attempt something like this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

doesn't look to bad....it almost seems like it's set in a pseudo movie continuity

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Was that Robert Downey's voice I heard? O_o

Either way I agree it's seems set to fit with the movies, plus the whole HYDRA trying to take over the world for the last 60 years came off to me as a nod to the Captain America movie. Overall, this is looking really great from this, I like that they're focusing on their real lives and not just them being superheroes, that's one of the things I liked about Spectacular Spider-Man that his normal life was just as fun to watch as his life as Spidey, so seeing Tony and Rhodey's banter was nice.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Mainline:  Well it's only the first Micro-Ep... it's not even the real series yet. Give it a chance.
    @danhimself: Yeah I thought the same thing... maybe they are trying to draw a parallel between them so their origin stories don't have to be explained. In other words tell kids, "Go watch the movie so we don't have to animate the beginning". He even says; "I should have brought Rhodey!"
    @War Killer: I don't think it was Downey Jr. but they did find a voice that sounded a lot like him! and I agree I'm always more interested in the human side of the super hero's story.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sora_thekey
    @danhimself:  I posted the other two episodes in separate blog entries: Here: Hulk and Here: Ant-Man Problem was that no one seemed to care about those other episodes so they are buried somewhere in the forums
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danhimself
    @sora_thekey:  I don't know why no one seems to be watching them...they're really good
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sora_thekey
    @danhimself: I agree!! They seem to be ignoring them!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @sora_thekey:  I have a feeling that this show no matter how good it may turn out to be will end up like Spectacular Spider-man and people will ignore it or talk smack on it just based on the animation style
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @War Killer:
    No way  Robert is way too high profile for a cartoon series right now , but i cant blame ya for thinkin so

thats actually a voice actor named Stephen Stanton

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.