Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Some questions about Iron man?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1) Do you guys think Iron man needs more villains?

2) Do you guys like the current Iron man in comics?

3) What kind of Iron man story would you like to read?

4) What's your favourite armor?

5) Who is Iron man's best love interest?

6) Who should he love in future?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Noone301994
    1. Yeah. It's kind of annoying when his enemies get upgraded through stupid plot devices in order to stand up to him (Crimson Dynamo, Living Laser, Melter are just a few that come to mind).
    2. Yeah, he's great.
    3. One where he's just kicking a$$ the entire time. Iron Man: Execute Program did a good job of this.
    4. Iron Man's Bleeding-Edge suit.
    5. Pepper Potts.
    6. He should definitely end up with Potts.
    Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Noone301994

@moul: Yeah I do, but not just any kind of action. I want action where he's owning heroes and villains, you know? In Execute Program, he owned Captain America, Graviton, an entire army, his own armors, Crimson Dynamo, he tears apart an airplane, and even defeats Sentry. They haven't really made a story like that in awhile with Iron Man. The Superior Iron Man thing is actually doing pretty well since he's practically a sociopath and has no qualms with owning people and utilizing his true potential.

How about you though? What would your answers be to those questions you provided?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994:

1) I'm sick to see Avengers fight each other. On the other hand the only classic villain I'd like for Iron man is Doom. They have to create new villains, with cool names possibly.

2) I'm not a big fan of the "superior" sagas

3) Absolutely yes, Iron man rarely fight with all his power, I think he need an epic saga with a lot of fighting

4) I'll tell you the only one I really don't like: Thorbuster

5) Pepper

6) Mystique (don't ask me why XD)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

@noone301994:

1) I'm sick to see Avengers fight each other. On the other hand the only classic villain I'd like for Iron man is Doom. They have to create new villains, with cool names possibly.

2) I'm not a big fan of the "superior" sagas

3) Absolutely yes, Iron man rarely fight with all his power, I think he need an epic saga with a lot of fighting

4) I'll tell you the only one I really don't like: Thorbuster

5) Pepper

6) Mystique (don't ask me why XD)

The Mandarin doesn't bother me as a villain for Tony but I'd have to agree that Doom would also be a good choice.

Howcome?

Agreed. Writers have him losing in fights against Spider-Man, Captain America, Winter Soldier, etc. and it's just ridiculous...

Why not? I thought it was pretty cool. He stood toe-to-toe with a Skyfather.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest said:

@moul: @noone301994: He never beat Sentry, there is literally one or two guys on the Ironman forums spreading this rumor. He also never "stood toe- to-toe with a Skyfather".

Seriously, you are literally stalking me and trying to bait me into another debate. Get the hell away from me. I want nothing to do with you.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Noone301994

@whoisthebest: This is the part where I post the scan of Iron Man defeating Sentry and then you call me a cowardly and pathetic liar and then start posting thousands of words of wikipedia information about Sentry's power levels. I'm not going through that again. Don't you understand that at the end of the day, this comic book crap is all fictional? There are no absolutes. If it's my opinion that Iron Man can defeat someone, that doesn't make me a liar. IT'S AN OPINION. Just like yours. So f*ck off.

By the way, Iron Man HAS beaten Sentry before.

No Caption Provided

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: Lmfao you are such a simpleton. I see you didn't even read the scan. Reed Richards created a computer system called "Cloc" for the Sentry. Cloc's duty was to inform Sentry about natural disasters and people about to get harmed at faster than light speeds so Sentry could get to those locations and prevent them from happening or save people's lives. This transmission gets sent right to Sentry's head and Iron Man simply hacked Cloc and made it spew out an overload of 'natural disasters' that were happening. Iron Man sent so many that Sentry had an emotional breakdown. It stopped their fight and Iron Man got away. That's a win. He didn't use brute force, but I never claimed that he did. I just claimed that he beat him, which he did.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Noone301994

^^^^^

No Caption Provided

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Nope, just make Tony Stark himself a villain.

2) He's cool, but could be better. Bendis is doing fine, but I expect some dumb thing to happen, most likely when IM will face Spider Man.

3) Superior Iron Man vol.2

4) a) Best look: Extremis and hulked Endo-sym armors.

b) Best powers: Bleeding Edge and endo-sym.

5) Pepper Potts

6) idk

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1) Do you guys think Iron man needs more villains?

Yes

2) Do you guys like the current Iron man in comics?

Average.

3) What kind of Iron man story would you like to read?

Somthing without him acting like MCU Iron Man.

4) What's your favourite armor?

I really liked the look of his armor from the Ultimates.

5) Who is Iron man's best love interest?

Black Widow

6) Who should he love in future?

Don't have a preference.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.