Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Review: Iron Man: Titanium

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Four miscellaneous tales of Iron Man are presented here as shellhead takes on A.I.M., Ultmo's big brother and even old classmate.

The Good

My favorite short was definitely the one where Tony runs afoul a cute A.I.M. agent and her Russian doll-style rebuild of the Titanium Man. The density of cleverness and invention Warren wrote into every panel reminded me of some of my favorite European comics. It was mesmerizing. The shorts spotlighting Pepper Potts and Tony's old classmate both found exciting angles on realistic embellishments on aspects of Iron Man's business - - specifically the fates of his former employees and colleagues.

The Bad

I get that tech talk and witty barbs are a big part of Iron Man's character but, even so, in-action dialogue ran a little too chatty in the short featuring Ultimo. I realize that that's probably a consequence of space restrictions, as well, but, even then, I was almost expecting Tony to gasp for breath or lose his train thought in the middle of this very tense battle.

The Verdict - 4/5

I'm actually a bit surprised that this wasn't given a #900 because it's an anthology quite similar in spirit to the specials that have come out recently for Wolverine and Deadpool. Once again, the level of quality was surprisingly consistent throughout and there really wasn't any of the sort-of "double-dipping" these anthologies run risk of.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Eyz

Woah! I'm actually sort of interested in this one :P
    This one could have been a good #900, like you said!

Avatar image for captaingenisvell
    CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

Might pick this up 
    *First Ultimo is missing an i* ;)

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Hmmm, haven't seen the Titanium Man in some time

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.