Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Mega IRON MAN 2 Update

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

And she's coming for YOU next!
     And she's coming for YOU next!

Like so many spent bullet casings, the IRON MAN2 tidbits are just flying off today. So I’ll just rattle them off, rapid-fire.

THE OFFICIAL IRON MAN 2 SITE LAUNCHES!

The site's launching today? Isn’t this a tad late in the game to be putting one up? Usually that’s the FIRST thing that goes up, well ahead of a trailer, stills or even a poster. I haven’t been playing CLOSE attention to this, though, so perhaps this is an update on the site that was already around from the last movie? Perhaps Marvel thinks they already have a significant enough web presence with all the social networking goodies and viral sites like the one for Stark Expo that went up earlier this week?

BEHIND-THE-SCENES OF THE IRON MAN 2 GAME

SEEEEEEEGAAAAAAA. Anybody who grew up in the Genesis days has that load-up chime with the logo burnt into their memory for the rest of their lives. I can only imagine what sort of wonders and treasures lurk within Sega’s corporate walls, and now, with the clip we’ve got at the very bottom here, I have a better idea. It’s an interesting peak at making of the IRON MAN 2 game with all sorts of insights into video game production. I’m sure what we see here is probably going to wind up on the extras of the game itself.

NEW PUBLICITY STILLS!

There are just oodles and oodles of them on that website. Oodles AND oodles. And a number show Whiplash with a cockatoo. At least, I think that’s what it is. My bird watching is a little rusty.  There’s some pictures of the Black Widow. One (which we have above) of her after she just mopped the floor with some guys and another below, where I can only guess she’s serving as Tony Stark’s corner man for his charity bout with Manny “Pac Man” Pacquiao. In addition to all that, you’ve got more photos of Justin Hammer, War Machine, Nick Fury, Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts. And if that didn’t satiate your photographic appetite, there’s even more here.

== TEASER ==

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this April - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngelFrost

Scarlett Johansson is sooooo beautiful.  :(  *jealous*

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

GeekGasm on many levels with this!  Thanks for posting it.  Won't watch the trailer because I hate seeing too much of a movie, but I love the pictures.  Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEGRAAF

What is the point of the Stark Expo website?
    cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By cmaprice

Sucky thing about her clearly not being from Russia is it rules out an Ultimates 2 type situation.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @cmaprice:
    Why? in the movie she is supposed to be from Russia i thought
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

Let's hope the game is a huuuuge improvement of the first one. Since I've heard nothing but complaints of the first one.
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Pepper could well kick BW arse... just saying lol 

great pics

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sora_thekey

*Excited!!!!!*
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Bruce Vain:
    i only played the demo for the first one but i liked it alot, it took maybe 5 min to get a hand of the controls but other than that it was fun and you seemed to get to use all the weapons and aspects of the suit
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AngelFrost
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @cmaprice: Why? in the movie she is supposed to be from Russia i thought "
    Well she doesn't have a Russian accent in the trailers. Which sucks.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @AngelFrost:
    ah, maybe its bc she is a spy and not having a russian accent helps her cover
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Moomin123

Cool looking game.
    KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KRYPTON

Are the photos supposed to be really small?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @Bruce Vain said:
    " Let's hope the game is a huuuuge improvement of the first one. Since I've heard nothing but complaints of the first one. "
    It sucks, hard.
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lustwish

pictures too small, need bigger

BaronVonDredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BaronVonDredd

Oh, Emily Blunt. In a perfect world, you would have been selected to play Natasha Romanova. ONLY in a perfect world.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By FoxxFireArt

This video was kind of funny how the guy actually explains what "A.I." stands for. At this point, is there anyone who doesn't know that who plays games?

I just hope the game is aright side better then that previous one.

The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The Island

I don't understand why Hollywood movies unrealistically show skinny supermodel type women with small hands beating the crap out of guys twice their size. 
    So unrealistic and ridiculous. 
    I just laughed when skinny black widow started beating up security guards in iron man 2 trailer.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ARMIV

The game looks great!

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @AngelFrost said:
    " Scarlett Johansson is sooooo beautiful.  :(  *jealous* "
    :O!!!
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By SevanGrim
    @The Island said:
    " I don't understand why Hollywood movies unrealistically show skinny supermodel type women with small hands beating the crap out of guys twice their size.  So unrealistic and ridiculous.  I just laughed when skinny black widow started beating up security guards in iron man 2 trailer. "
    its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
     Jet Li could kill a linebacker. Taylor Lautner can beat the crap out of most of the guys in the world who think he's a little girly-boy. 
    if the skinny pretty person knows how to fight, they can beat the crap out of people just like anybody else.
    The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Island
    @Grim:@Grim said:
    " @The Island said:
    " I don't understand why Hollywood movies unrealistically show skinny supermodel type women with small hands beating the crap out of guys twice their size.  So unrealistic and ridiculous.  I just laughed when skinny black widow started beating up security guards in iron man 2 trailer. "
    its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.  Jet Li could kill a linebacker. Taylor Lautner can beat the crap out of most of the guys in the world who think he's a little girly-boy.  if the skinny pretty person knows how to fight, they can beat the crap out of people just like anybody else. "
    What you say is true for men, since men can be real fighters and still be slim and skinny but I have never seen a pretty little woman with skinny arms beating the crap out of bigger stronger guys in real life. There is a difference between hollywood promoted fiction and real life.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By goldenkey
    @The Island said:
    " @Grim:@Grim said:
    " @The Island said:
    its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.  Jet Li could kill a linebacker. Taylor Lautner can beat the crap out of most of the guys in the world who think he's a little girly-boy.  if the skinny pretty person knows how to fight, they can beat the crap out of people just like anybody else. "
    What you say is true for men, since men can be real fighters and still be slim and skinny but I have never seen a pretty little woman with skinny arms beating the crap out of bigger stronger guys in real life. There is a difference between hollywood promoted fiction and real life. "

thanks for saying that.  There is no way in hell in a 100 pound women is going to be able to win a fight against any man who has been in a few fights.  It's just stupid to think otherwise.  Im sure there are a few real tough girls out there but still.........no.  It's why I hate Damian in Batman.  There is nothing threatening about a ten year little kid.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BaronVonDredd said:
    " Oh, Emily Blunt. In a perfect world, you would have been selected to play Natasha Romanova. ONLY in a perfect world. "
    Ditto.  :(  

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    :O!!! "
    You don't think she's beautiful!? :O
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    You don't think she's beautiful!? :O "
    of course! This just the first time i've seen you give her a compliment about being BW
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    of course! This just the first time i've seen you give her a compliment about being BW "
    I'm not complimenting her on being BW!!!!!  - I'm complimenting on the fact that she's amazing pretty. ¬¬ Emily Blunts still hotter in my opinion. :P
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AngelFrost
    @The Island said:

Small hands? LOL.  I wouldn't call Scarlett skinny ... she's quite curvy.  But still:  I'd like to see you fight a chick whose a black belt in several martial arts .... that girl with 'small hands' would totally beast you down. ;) - Plus, BW is really thin in the comics. But still athletic and deadly.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    of course! This just the first time i've seen you give her a compliment about being BW "
    I'm not complimenting her on being BW!!!!!  - I'm complimenting on the fact that she's amazing pretty. ¬¬ Emily Blunts still hotter in my opinion. :P "
    OK! Jeez don't eat me O____O
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Lee. nuff said.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    " @Agent Buttons said:
    " @AngelFrost said:
    I'm not complimenting her on being BW!!!!!  - I'm complimenting on the fact that she's amazing pretty. ¬¬ Emily Blunts still hotter in my opinion. :P "
    OK! Jeez don't eat me O____O "
    Grrrr!
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AngelFrost

Does anyone have these images ... but bigger?  (:

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33  Edited By Comiclove5
    @AngelFrost said:
    "Scarlett Johansson is sooooo beautiful.  :(  *jealous* "

She is pretty!
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By SevanGrim
    @The Island said:
    " @Grim:@Grim said:
    " @The Island said:
    What you say is true for men, since men can be real fighters and still be slim and skinny but I have never seen a pretty little woman with skinny arms beating the crap out of bigger stronger guys in real life. There is a difference between hollywood promoted fiction and real life. "
    just because you havent seen it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist (lol. i love using those cheesy sayings!)
     The whole point of martial arts, of any fighting style, is so you can win fights you otherwise could not. I had this same conversation about Robin with someone a while back. Because he's a 110 pound kid, they said he couldnt realistically fight guys.
     Your not factoring in all the things that need to be factored in any fight. Speed. strength.Technique. Pain thresholds. knowledge, 
     think about it. if shes too fast or the guys too slow, or both, she doesnt get hit and he gets pummeled. The power behind punches and kicks is not completely determined by your strength and size, and, if she throws punches correctly and hits the right points and moves the right ways, she can do serious damage even if she doesnt hit hard. if the guy has a glass jaw, or she can get punched in the face and keep going, the fight continues. And if she knows pressure points and where joints are and whats vulnerable, she doesnt even need to be able to bench press 100 pounds to break an arm or a nose or give a concussion.
      All these things go for any fight. UFC. Karate. Boxing. Street Fights. The more you have going for you, the better your odds. Most people dont take the time to learn more than the basics. While that usually means the bigger guy wins, it also usually mean the bigger guys only wins because he's big and the smaller person doesn't know wtf their doing. The police are trained, but if they ever met a pro fighter they wouldnt stand a chance unless they had numbers or a safe shooting distance, and a master anything would probably eliminate the numbers advantage.
     my point is, its not unrealistic. you haven't seen kids beat the shit out of adults, or women beat the crap out of linebackers, because its not something that often happens. Sadly, most women dont train in anything (especially the gorgeous ones, as most of them decided all they need is their looks, or their brains). And there are no fighting leages that go both inter-gender and out of weight classes. And the few times this has happened in real life where probably random and therefor never youtubed or televised.
     my REAL point is, your wrong. Its not unrealistic, just unlikely, But your only wrong because you misunderstand whats happening in these movies. they  dont make untrained skinny supermodels beat up men. they make trained assasins and secret agents and lifelong brawlers beat up men. big difference. not so ridiculous.
    Saratine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Saratine

Game animation looks a bit scratchy.
    But no comic book game will ever come close to Arkam Asylum anyway.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

I switched off as soon as I heard someone say "Ninja-like"  :-1

The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The Island
    @AngelFrost said:
    " Small hands? LOL.  I wouldn't call Scarlett skinny ... she's quite curvy.  But still:  I'd like to see you fight a chick whose a black belt in several martial arts .... that 

And where is this chick of yours who has black belt in several martial arts ???

I don't understand why Hollywood movies unrealistically show skinny supermodel type women with small hands beating the crap out of guys twice their size.  So unrealistic and ridiculous.  I just laughed when skinny black widow started beating up security guards in iron man 2 trailer. "

Small hands? LOL.  I wouldn't call Scarlett skinny ... she's quite curvy.  But still:  I'd like to see you fight a chick whose a black belt in several martial arts .... that girl with 'small hands' would totally beast you down. ;) - Plus, BW is really thin in the comics. But still athletic and deadly. "

@AngelFrost:
    girl with 'small hands' would totally beast you down. ;) - Plus, BW is really thin in the comics. But still athletic and deadly. "

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AngelFrost
    @The Island:  It's an example  I didn't mean it litteral. But it does happen.  Just because a woman isn't necessarily as big or as muscular as a man, it doesn't mean she can't kick his ass. That's just being sexist.

Women don't have to be as big as female-wrestlers to show they can hold their own. ¬¬  I have a friend, a girl, whose a black belt in Taekwondo,  she's 5'2 and I bet any money that she could beat you and any other guy on here down, seriously, she's tough.
    The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The Island
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @The Island:  It's an example  I didn't mean it litteral. But it does happen.  Just because a woman isn't necessarily as big or as muscular as a man, it doesn't mean she can't kick his ass. That's just being sexist.  Women don't have to be as big as female-wrestlers to show they can hold their own. ¬¬  I have a friend, a girl, whose a black belt in Taekwondo,  she's 5'2 and I bet any money that she could beat you and any other guy on here down, seriously, she's tough. "
    Oh I see so now your playing the gender card and resorting to calling people sexist for having an opinion different than your own. 
    Plus you are assuming that this friend of yours can beat me when you haven't ever met me or know who I am. 
    The fact is that human biology has alot to do with who wins the fight. Being a martial arts student for seven years, I have seen both men and women train in martial arts and its always the bigger guy who remains standing in the end. 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AngelFrost
    @The Island: No, I'm just saying it's a little stupid saying that it's unrealistic for a woman to defend herself just because she's not huge, muscular and butch.  Yeah, I'm assuming it because I've seen her fight, in Taekwondo class, and she's very good. She's taken on people twice her size and I praise her for that.

& that is soo stereotypical. ¬¬  -  In most cases, your right. But in a lot of cases, I don't believe thats right. Women learn self-defence all time, for the sole purpose to defend themselves against (mostly men) who are bigger than them.

The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The Island
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @The Island: No, I'm just saying it's a little stupid saying that it's unrealistic for a woman to defend herself just because she's not huge, muscular and butch.  Yeah, I'm assuming it because I've seen her fight, in Taekwondo class, and she's very good. She's taken on people twice her size and I praise her for that.  & that is soo stereotypical. ¬¬  -  In most cases, your right. But in a lot of cases, I don't believe thats right. Women learn self-defence all time, for the sole purpose to defend themselves against (mostly men) who are bigger than them.  "
    You are taking my argument out of context. My argument was that it is unrealistic for skinny short supermodel type women to be shown as good brawlers who can take out multiple guys in hollywood movies. For eg black widow in iron man movie. .
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost
    @The Island:  It's Hollywood, it's supposed to be 'glammed up'.  But all I'm saying is looks can be decieving.  :/  and that's a theme in Marvel, Characters like Kitty Pryde and Black Widow,  aren't super muscular like She Hulk, but they can defend themselves.  And I agree with it. Because I've seen it. That's What I mean, that's it's not as 'farfetched' as your making it out to be.
    The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Island
    @AngelFrost: Me 'farfetched'?  Hey I didn't play the gender card and start calling people sexist for having a different opinion. I sticked to 'facts' on real life. I was only comparing comics to real life. If someone like iron man in his suit is taking out thugs I get that, but a skinny pretty face with lipstick and mascara throwing people around is as fairytale as it can get.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AngelFrost
    @The Island:  It's not like I just made all that stuff up. I gave reasons. and reasons why I didn't agree.  And I am doing the exact same to you, comparing comics and movies to real life. 

Your really not understand me, lol. How do you expect a woman to look doing that?  -  7 foot tall, huge biceps and scraggy hair?  

Women in the police force don't always look like that, yet time and again they apprehend people twice their size. So do 'agents' - undercover ones, which is what Natasha is.
    BestChanceThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BestChanceThor

@AngelFrost:
    Angel Frost, your argumnt is kind of flawed. Just because someone is tough and takes taekwondo does not mean that they can defend themselves against someone 100 pounds heavier than them. 100 pounds is a lot to move around.

You also said tat plenty of women take self defense classes to guard against bigger stronger men making advances on them, which is true BUT these classes usually consist of kicking in the nuts and eyey gouging and running. Ive even heard of learning how to stab someone with your lipstick. Those are all nice to know to save yourself but they don't really toughen you up or teach you o fight. 

However, eye gouging and nut kicking can get you a distinctive advantage. Army combatives hand to hand people are taught to bite noses and fingers and eye gouge. Its very animalistic but moveslike this wouldnt seem sexy on screen.

Hugh Hampster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hugh Hampster

hmmm.. interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.