Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Lamb of God Rocks IRON MAN 2

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

If IRON MAN 2 gets any more metal, it’s going to start spitting pin balls and sweating quick silver.

You’ve got the AC/DC IRON MAN 2 album melting your face…

You’ve got War Machine and Crimson Dynamo shredding your senses in the video game…

…and, now, you’ve got Lamb of God dropping an exclusive track for the Sega shoot ‘em up that’ll be heavier than uranium!

In a way, they're like an evil Avengers...
     In a way, they're like an evil Avengers...

"The music of Lamb of God definitely evokes the intensity of Iron Man action and we are very excited to have them working with us for the game. This new track will add even more atmosphere to the cinematic gaming experience that Iron Man 2 brings to the table."

So says Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America.   Set his words to some drop D guitars and super-fast double-bass drums, and I think you’ll have a headbanging chorus on your hands. Read the rest at Marvel’s website.

Among other things, I’m a metal head.   Why, just this past Tuesday, I saw Exodus and Arch Enemy rock it at LA’s House of Blues.  

He's got the right attitude.
     He's got the right attitude.

And it’s a funny thing because, while I was moshing with some nutjobs in the pit, while I was surfing on the crowd and accidentally kicking my friend in the forehead, I was thinking to myself, “Why can’t the worlds of comics, video games and metal collide all at once?”  

Yes, Anthrax’s Scott Ian wrote an arc of Lobo recently.   Sure, Tim Schafer mixed headbanging with hack-n-slash in BRUTAL LEGEND.   But those are only combinations of two elements.   Who could stand up and forge all three together?

You know he's rocking to MASTER OF PUPPETS in that armor.
     You know he's rocking to MASTER OF PUPPETS in that armor.

Like metal magic, here’s the answer to that question.  

Truth be told,   I’m not a Lamb of God devotee - - I’m more of a Fear Factory, Static-X and Rob Zombie fan - - but the prospect of metal blasting while I’m unloading a wall of lead on the Crimson Dynamo's sorry ass gets me jacked up.

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Agent Buttons
    awesome
    wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By wordchallenge

Ohhhh this is good news

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Moomin123

Heavy metal music for a heavy metal hero...makes sense.
    Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
    The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamb of God rock.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Lamb of God is awesome. You should give it a shot Mr. Pinchuk. I also like Static X and Zombie. Not the biggest Fear Factory fan though....

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By warlock360

Nice

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By brc2000

Meh. Lamb of God are are pretty lame IMO, but it definitely could be worse (Bullet For My Valentine).

KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KingLoki

Heck yes, Lamb of God FTW.

Avatar image for marshal_victory
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marshal Victory

Yes they rock an best dam remake of lowrider imho every. 

dont think this will be whats in the iron man 2 game.Their not bad tho.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Awesome, Saw them live the other night to.

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By No_name_here
    @Marshal Victory: Ha! I remember that vid.  I'll be sure to book Lamb of God for my niece's next birthday party.

That's a killer Low Rider cover. Exodus put on a hell of a show.  By the time Arch Enemy performed, everybody was too tired to mosh because they'd wiped themselves out during Exodus' set.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Darkchild

BDASS!!

Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Nefilim927

Mastodon is doing the Jonah Hex soundtrack, AC/DC is doin Iron Man 2 and now Lamb of God for the game, noticing a nice trend here.
    wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wordchallenge
    @Marshal Victory said:
    "   
      Yes they rock an best dam remake of lowrider imho every. 

dont think this will be whats in the iron man 2 game.Their not bad tho. "
    That Lamb of God video is hilarious
    Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marshal Victory
    @wordchallenge: 
     Yeah kinda thinking the heavy use of muther fer their might not show up in a iron man 2 vid game.But after seeing the pic of some nasty blood an guts in some marvel comics these days its posible. 

Theirs also another vid with them being mistaken because fo their name at a church.

@Tom Pinchuk:

Yeah i used to cruse to the exodus low rider cover.Actualy that whole album is prety soild.They i belive have a difrent lead singer since then tho.  

Just rember as you get older. Head banging can cause male pattern baldnes.Thats my story an im sticking to it. 

But im not finding any thing iron man ish in their vids at least muscial wise.I could even see Rob Zombie as a easyer fit .Will be real curious on what they come up with.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Sparda

Nasty.

AC/DC to Lamb of God is a big drop-off in quality, IMO, but I'm glad that they're limiting it to the game, I suppose.

Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nyogtha

Haha, really? Drop off? Over-rated, over-played 60 year old rockers are a upgrade? But opinions are opinions. I've been into LoG since they were Burn The Priest, been in a few Wall of Deaths. I would buy the game just for the sound track. Hell, they should play Black Label in the movie when War Machine starts blasting his Gatling gun.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda
    @Nyogtha said:
    " Haha, really? Drop off? Over-rated, over-played 60 year old rockers are a upgrade? "
    No, no, you misunderstand me. Over-rated, over-played 60 year old rockers are the standard.

LoG is just sub-par, in my opinion. They're really not my type of music at all (even as far as metal goes, or whatever the hell genre they are).
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nyogtha

Haha, you do have a point. In the metal world, they are the standard, but even then they are sub par like you said. Dig their old stuff.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sparda
    @Nyogtha said:
    " Haha, you do have a point. In the metal world, they are the standard, but even then they are sub par like you said. Dig their old stuff. "
    I'm just curious, what constitutes as their "older" stuff? Cause, like, my exposure was in that Ashes album, and I was listening to "Laid to Rest" and I asked my speakers "What the hell are you orally force-feeding me right now?". And my speakers said "This is Lamb of God, they're metal", and I said "This is metal? Sweet Jesus, I like Iron Maiden and Iron Maiden is metal! What the hell is going on!" and then from there I got drunk and cried in the corner in the fetal position for a few hours until I listened to some Tool and then Collective Soul to provide polar opposite soundtypes to get me out of my rut.
    Nyogtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nyogtha

Haha, well their older stuff is alot heavier. Laid to Rest was on their second album I believe. Their old album "New American Gospel" was kinda harsher, the production was lower but the time signatures made it more interesting.

Marshal Victory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Marshal Victory

Standards an rateings are intresting if your into that sort of thing. Music is  about what you like not what every one else likes.AC/DC had a long road,they had a folk musical festival group start all kinds of rumors on them back in the day.Some still hang on them now. 

Age shouldnt mater to what rock is.LoG has a few songs i like rest sorry i heard the hard riffs before. an with a singer i can understand.Rage metal is ok but not what you can listen to mellow out. Least for me. 

Every one gets long in the tooth if their lucky.SIdes http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/acdc_earns_82_million_from_ticket_album_sales.html says they made over 82 million..Sure you can argue popularity doesnt mean quality .But they pack large concerts .An can still lay down a good riff. lF their not your cup of tea that cool.Just rember your band will get old to one day if they dont break up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.