Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Tony Stark in the THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA Movies?

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
      He'll be back in his workshop for years.
     He'll be back in his workshop for years.

Fans who were hoping to see Tony Stark show up in THOR and THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA are going to have to brace themselves... ‘cause it ain’t happening. At least according to IRON MAN director Jon Favreau.

MTV got these words from Mr. Favreau’s recent guest spot on the Kevin & Bean show…

"[RDJ's] not in 'Thor', he's not in Cap which are the two movies for next Summer… It'll be very interesting to see how... these movies are going to be taken into account for 'The Avengers’ in two years… [since] there is no shooting draft written yet. It's gonna be a big undertaking for Marvel to actually incorporate what happened in ' Iron Man,' 'Iron Man 2,' 'Thor,' 'Captain America', 'The Hulk.' All that has to inform one unified vision in 'The Avengers'... And certainly, Tony Stark is not going to be involved in any of the movies until that one."

So it’ll be at least two years before we see ol’ RDJ putting the armor on again, unless there’s the far, far chance that a third IRON MAN could come out before AVENGERS. And that’s really next to impossible since Favreau's going to be more than busy with COWBOYS & ALIENS while Downey will probably be locked up with the second SHERLOCK HOLMES movie. == TEASER ==

But maybe this is a good thing? Would the magic of seeing him in action get diminished if he kept showing up twice every summer? Might it run the risk of overexposure like some fans think Deadpool and Wolverine have? Or do you figure they'd be necessary to keep Shellhead fresh in the public consciousness?

Me, myself, I’d like to see as many of these guest spots as we can get. Maybe they get a little too “wink and nudge” at times, but it’s such a novelty to see a “shared universe” at the movies that I’ll always be interested in seeing them, even if they get forced. I got the biggest kick out of the T-1000 in showing up WAYNE’S WORLD 2, after all. If anything, I’d like to see them play these up even more.  Marked-up maps in the background just aren't enough.

But my opinion’s irrelevant. What matters is the Comic Vine community's. Are you disappointed about there being no RDJ in THOR and CAP, or relieved? Do you like all these cameos and Easter Eggs, or would you want to see less of them? And is there such a thing as too much RDJ Iron Man?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Studios and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. HYBRID BASTARDS! is available  here and UNIMAGINABLE is available here for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
    MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By MysterioMaximus

I don't mind him not showing up, in fact I prefer it. Let Capt. and Thor have their individual time in the spotlight, Iron Man's had his. Leave the meet-up for the Avengers.

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Ravn

Well Stark may not actually be appearing in "Thor" or "Captain America", but I would be surprised if there wasn't SOME reference to him, like with the news clip from "Incredible Hulk" showing at near the end of Iron Man 2 (like mentioning Stark Expo in Thor)!  

I think what's more important is that Sam Jackson makes an appearance in both films

Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Riezner

F.

webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By webhead

I think this is a good thing. I wouldn;t want to see Iron Man get the same kind of reputation as Wolverine has now. His character was over spotted like crazy for all 4 X-Men Movies and to be honest it started to get really stale to me. 

If we give Iron Man some space for the future. Fans will mostly start to miss him and once he comes out he'll be welcomed back

HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HaHaManHV

Wasn't expecting him to be in them so this is like nothing to me. If he WAS in Cap though, I'd have been very upset

Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emerald Dragonfly

No RDJ, no Tony... Well, it doesn't mean that there will be no Iron Man!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

The appearance of another actor at the end of the Captain America movie could and should be Hank Pym as he grabs him out of the ocean. That would be badass 

As for Thor, if we don't have Ironman how about Fury or Hawkeye (wasn't that rumored?) or Black Widow
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jordanstine

It's only a smokescreen... RDJ will make a brief cameon in one of them.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By TheMess1428
    @HaHaManHV said:
    " Wasn't expecting him to be in them so this is like nothing to me. If he WAS in Cap though, I'd have been very upset "
    Howard Stark is supposed to be in Captain America. 

@Jordanstine said:
    " It's only a smokescreen... RDJ will make a brief cameon in one of them. "
    Probably in Thor. Somewhere near the end most likely.
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

He's already been seen in the Incredible Hulk film, the CAPTAIN AMERICA shield has made 2 cameos and THOR'S HAMMER has been seen in the latest film....I think that it's fair...

Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By Timm

arent Thor and Captain America both prequels?

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spiderguylll

I don't a damn about Iron Man now, he had his time. It's all about Thor and Cap now.
    Their All the rage

conformist21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By conformist21

he's done his part, his presence isn't necessary.
    it's fine either way

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By sora_thekey

Maybe not on Cap's movie (since is based on WWII) but on Thor's... might be a good place to have RDJ.. or maybe ScarJo!
    Although on Cap's movie Howard Stark could appear!

brendon277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brendon277

I agree it will be a bit hard to piece together a good story line that fit's with The other Character movie considering the didn't exactly follow The Comics so i wanna see How the movies turn out.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theicon

comic vine typo bro  wayne's world 1 not  2

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'm honestly not that sad, I love his Tony Stark, and IM and IM2 were amazing, but let have a little break, I'm looking forward to Sherlock Holmes :D And just because he won't be in Cap or Thor, doesn't mean we won't see Stark Tech in the movies, plus they could just be saying this to hide in little cameo's for Downey in the films.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Pizawle

Does not matter to me either way. Just hope The Avengers turns out well.

KJPPPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KJPPPimp

I say the armor hang up for a while. The Hulk appearance was cool but so far he's run the monopoly on screen time in the movieverse. I wouldn't mind seeing more notable SHIELD agents like Dum Dum Dugan and the Contessa show up with Coulson and Fury. And I'm pretty sure they'll have Tony make a new shield for Cap anyways so itcscool.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#20  Edited By Meteorite

I like the Easter Eggs, especially when they're a reference that's mostly aimed at comics fans

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I'd like to see some of the other characters get a little cameo. So far, Tony Stark has had all the attention.

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greenenvy

I really don't mind if they don't do easter eggs or guest stars because it bothers me a little believe it or not because its a little too fan boyish so just  keep the story original and separated   from other superheroes until the avengers. 

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Moomin123

It'd be wierd for Tony to be in  Thor and Capt. America anyway, Thor lives in Asgard so god knows how Tony would get there and Cap lives in the 40s, when Tony isn't even born yet.
    Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gregomasta
    @Ravn: Woah, I didn't notice the Hulk news clip in Iron Man 2.  Where is it exactly?  What scene?
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bruce Vain

I think RDJ should at least definitely be in Captain America since it was Iron Man & the Avengers that recovered Cap from the arctic waters in the comics.
    DarkSyde79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarkSyde79

Easter Egg style... cool!!! Co starring role... NOT!!! :oP Can't wait!!! :o)

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By goldenkey

I think a cameo would do dothing but good things for Avengers movie.  The press that would come along with it would be big.  Marvel is stupid for not doing it.
    BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Him making a cameo at the end or something like in Incredible Hulk would be fine... If not, whatever, ain't gonna ruin the movie for me.

jayshaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jayshaw

lame

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Ravn
    @Gregomasta: Its in the second to last scene in the movie before the credits, where Tony comes in and sits down at the table with Fury.... On one of the big, transparent displays, its showing the new footage from the Hulk's "Rampage" threw the college. I don't remember if its in the foreground as Tony comes in and sits down, or if its behind him and he's sitting there... but its there!
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By shawn87

i dont see how anyone could expect him to be in Captain America when its during the war. They got Howard Stark in it though. They could put him in Thor but it would be smart to just leave him out and not force anything

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Ravn:
    How can nick furry appear in BOTH films when that means he has to appear in Captian America: The first Avenger which is set in WW2? nick wouldent even be born then.
    Robyn 666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Robyn 666

He was a nice addition to the end of Hulk, but it would be overkill if they had Tony Stark cameo in all the movies... I dont mind the references between them all, thats kinda cool and gets me stoked for the day that Avengers will FINALLY get here. THAT movie will be so flippin EPIC I cant WAIT to see it!! DAMN I love Downey as Stark though,,,,they cast him so well!!!
    G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By G Bird

Well it would be nice to see appearance of the different heroes but maybe we could get references to them at least?

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Retro_Metro
    @Robyn 666 said:
    " He was a nice addition to the end of Hulk, but it would be overkill if they had Tony Stark cameo in all the movies... I dont mind the references between them all, thats kinda cool and gets me stoked for the day that Avengers will FINALLY get here. THAT movie will be so flippin EPIC I cant WAIT to see it!! DAMN I love Downey as Stark though,,,,they cast him so well!!! "
    I must admit, he is a great actor. Makes all rich people feel important to work at Stark Industries.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.