Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Tony Stark getting too ahead of himself?

Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spidertheking

I'm just saying Tony Stark has files on every superhero, and how to beat them. He even made a machine to control weather! To me I think writers are starting to make him into a kind of Marvel universe batman. Some might say "Nick  fury was the leader of shield, and he basically did the same thing" NO IRON-MAN IS NO NICK FURY!! I think it's just a matter of time before heroes begin to rebel against him for trying to control everything. What do you think do you think he needs to get taken down a notch, He's right where he needs to be or he needs to do more? I wanna hear your opinion

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Man is a man in a suit thus why it's understandable that people like Fury and Bats would have the same attitude toward superhumans because without gadgets they are just men.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my opinion is that its been awhile since Civil War and most of that isnt relevant,
    nor has been for quite awhile.

TylerLux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TylerLux

Wow this is irrelevant. A lot has changed since the civil of war and he is no longer director of SHIELD and in recent comics his mind is wiped and he is going over everything again. Read the Invincible Iron Man series and you will see that a lot has changed. 

maistin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maistin

I think that Tony did need to being taken down a notch... and he was.  The extremis amour had way too many features on the options list , and a cyborg Tony complete with healing factor was a stretch from the original concept of stark.   Again though, with recent events I see him going back to a less uber-powerful iron man.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I was very much on the 'I hate Tony Stark' bandwagon and thought it highly unlikley that i would come to like the character again for a considerable amount of time but the events of Worlds most Wanted and Dissasembled and changed my view, he went though a lot to right past wrongs. I must agree about the Extremis Iron Man, the idea was good but that just went way to far.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @maistin said:
    " I think that Tony did need to being taken down a notch... and he was.  The extremis amour had way too many features on the options list , and a cyborg Tony complete with healing factor was a stretch from the original concept of stark.   Again though, with recent events I see him going back to a less uber-powerful iron man. "
    Tony wasn't a Cyborg.He was still a man.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hdorman1

he has forgotten all of that now
    he is practically an innocent
    read the invincible iron man series

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

Yup everyone will be accepting him again in no time...and people will be back to putting down Hank Pym for hitting Jan and creating Ultron.

Antiochus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Antiochus

The hardest thing to understand about Iron Man is not so much that he wants power as much as he believes himselfs to be suited to wield it should that power be given to someone. 

He was not a big fan of the registration until it passed, at which point he thought '' Better I take care of that than some politician who is not in the buisness'' 

It was pretty much the same thing with Shield, or with the Pro Registration leadership.  Its not so much about him wanting power, but the fact that he sees himselfs as an appropriate person to have such a power.  Technically, he was right.

vickyIM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vickyIM

@Antiochus: I agree with you. What Tony does is sacrifice his life (personal life and his well-being) to do what he believes to be right (which, even though most people don't see it that way, is almost always the case). He's very often resented and hated for his choices because, unlike Tony, most people (including his closest friends: Cap. for example) either can't or simply choose not to see the big picture (which is why he's the best futurist in the Marvel universe). He knows very well the effect his actions will cause on the way people see him, but as he knows it's for their own good (generally in the long-run) he makes the hard choice and plays the role of the "bad guy" even though it hurts him (especially when his closest friends don't seem to understand his very logical - in my opinion anyway - reasoning). Most impressive to me is that he does this time and again ( not all of them being on the same scale of cause and effect - Civil War being the highest - but still) and leaving pretty much everyone out of it - decision making-wise - so that he doesn't cause anymore harm to them than what is absolutely unavoidable.

Point is he's my absolute favorite superhero (followed by Batman) I think he's a great man, just very misunderstood.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@vickyim:

Just like Batman's role in the JL.... he is overthink in almost everything, and most people in the team don't seems to understand why he doing it and what is the goal he is trying to achieve. Just One word, they are the pioneer in their respective Universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.