Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Is Marvel Making Iron Man the New Wolverine??

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RawrImADragon

With the launch of Marvel NOW! it seems that Mr. Tony Stark is getting more than his fair share of the limelight. The iron-cladded hero is starring in three of the major team books currently, and yet to be, released. Specifically, Avengers, New Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Now, I've never been a stickler for continuity but being on three teams, one that takes place on Earth, one in the other galaxies, and one dealing with both Earth and outer space... it seems a bit much for Iron Man, no? I don't know, maybe it's because I'm not such a huge fan of the character, but I don't know how I feel about him taking up a spot on every roster.

Maybe it's Robert Downey, Jr. or maybe it was Matt Fraction's run but Iron Man is starting to become so popular that soon he'll be able to rival Wolverine in appearances. How do you guys feel about this? Do you like more iron in your comic books?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By infonation

I think Iron Man shouldn't take ALL the spotlight! There won't be enough left for WAR MACHINE to do! Seriously! Jim Rhodes needs some love too!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.